Mighty no.9 has a sequel in the work's.

Daniel_Shadow170

I watched the interview and I wasn't given the impression that they were actually working on a sequel, they were just thinking of some ideas. Isn't that normal for game development? I'm sure most devs have a sequel in mind when they are making a game. He also said that they were thinking about making different games too. This really isn't something to get worked up over.

I can't comment on the interview as i won't give a podcast called PS i love you a view but the article gives off the feeling it's happening. Now why is it a big deal well after saying a game is done then delayed then rumours going around it's delayed again and then saying that gamestop ect are lying and it's not delayed to finally delaying it ya the whole dev cycle as made everyone a big joke and to talk about a sequel to a game not out yet and pushed back twice is even worse.

I can't comment on the interview as i won't give a podcast called PS i love you a view but the article gives off the feeling it's happening. Now why is it a big deal well after saying a game is done then delayed then rumours going around it's delayed again and then saying that gamestop ect are lying and it's not delayed to finally delaying it ya the whole dev cycle as made everyone a big joke and to talk about a sequel to a game not out yet and pushed back twice is even worse.

First of all, what in the hell do you have against PS I Love You!? Kinda Funny are awesome. :P 

Also blindly believing in a clickbait article over the actual source is already setting yourself up for misinformation. The quote is taken out of context and as I said, he mentioned possibly working on both new and old things later on. I'm sure they are very much focused on completing Mighty No.9 right now. At this point in development, the script, story, etc is probably all, if not mostly done. I don't see any harm in throwing out a few ideas of possible sequels that may or may not happen. Devs do it all the time.

• Like 1

First of all, what in the hell do you have against PS I Love You!? Kinda Funny are awesome. :P 

Also blindly believing in a clickbait article over the actual source is already setting yourself up for misinformation. The quote is taken out of context and as I said, he mentioned possibly working on both new and old things later on. I'm sure they are very much focused on completing Mighty No.9 right now. At this point in development, the script, story, etc is probably all, if not mostly done. I don't see any harm in throwing out a few ideas of possible sequels that may or may not happen. Devs do it all the time.

You have obviously not followed the development cycle for mighty no.9 definitely the most shady game ever made. Devs doing it all the time is fine him doing it is a whole different level. Do i have bias yes how the hell do you say the game is done then get's delayed and then you try another sneaky kickstarter which thankfully failed. After that only for gamestop to say it's delayed again then have to balls to tell your backer's gamestop is lying then delay the game exactly one week later i'm sorry but shit like that should be called out.

As for the podcast the name is what i have against it plus isn't greg miller there.

http://twinfinite.net/2015/12/mighty-no-9-sequel-coming/ This guy is hilarious definitely one of the worst devs. Anyone wanna bet he use's kickstarter a 3rd time?

Dude you just called inafune the worst. he made Mega man for god sakes 

i know this business with "MN9" and "Red Ash" is kinda shady but hes not just another guy who makes a game,plus this is just at concept level if the game doesn't do well(which is very unlikely)he'll probably scrap it.

PS. What do you have against Greg Miller?

• Like 2

You have obviously not followed the development cycle for mighty no.9 definitely the most shady game ever made. Devs doing it all the time is fine him doing it is a whole different level. Do i have bias yes how the hell do you say the game is done then get's delayed and then you try another sneaky kickstarter which thankfully failed. After that only for gamestop to say it's delayed again then have to balls to tell your backer's gamestop is lying then delay the game exactly one week later i'm sorry but shit like that should be called out.

As for the podcast the name is what i have against it plus isn't greg miller there.

Yes, I know what kind of stuff happened during development, and while I agree that it's shady, it's FAR from being "the most shady game ever made". I don't see how this bit of "news" makes them even worst offenders. I would of thought that it was pretty obvious he wanted to make a series out of this. People are excited for this game and I'm sure if it's good, they will want more. Just because you don't like him, that doesn't mean he shouldn't get to create the kinds of games he wants to make.  :P

So you won't support a podcast solely on the name alone? Okaaaaay then...  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Dude you just called inafune the worst. he made Mega man for god sakes 

i know this business with "MN9" and "Red Ash" is kinda shady but hes not just another guy who makes a game,plus this is just at concept level if the game doesn't do well(which is very unlikely)he'll probably scrap it.

PS. What do you have against Greg Miller?

Inafune? odd way of typing Akira Kitamura the REAL person who made mega man smh. As for greg his reviews he did for ign made me dislike him.

Is anyone actually surprised by a sequel being on their minds?

I mean, if you make a movie or game that successfully stands on it's own, you've done a great thing, a great thing so great that you'll end up doing a follow up anyway. 

These days, the ONLY reason sequels don't get made for movies and games, is if they tank like a bitch, anything people like gets redone a thousand times nowadays.

The backers have been treated like shit.

More or less. The backers seriously just wanted the game, they definitely didn't ask for Red Ash, an anime or a merchandise evolution beforehand. It would've been cleaner to the people who made any of it possible what they wanted in the first place. Not saying those things aren't nice, but rather as professionals, Comcept and friends should've known what their priorities were.

I mean honestly, an unofficial Mega Man reboot from a star developer is something fans have wanted for years. To receive so much criticism before the game is even released wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't crowdfunded. I'm pretty sure people wouldn't care for all of this if these guys were getting money for a publisher, they'd sit behind the screen saying "Good, more delays mean more polish". But for these poor backers, it's literally robbery right now.

The worst part is knowing that this is ultimately a Mega Man reboot, not something on the scale of an open world game or an MMO. It honestly shouldn't take this long to get this in the hands of gamers or at least the backers. Unless the game is sitting in a cabinet in Comcept HQ, finished, and with a post-it-note saying "You could, OR, you could go make something else right now and forget this exists for the day".

I didn't even back it. I mean, this honestly has been a recurring controversy every time MN9 is mentioned, that the negative outweighs the positive, so you know it's really bad. The only gaming news that has been worse of late is Konami's horrible treatment of Kojima and other Konami employees.

• Like 1

http://twinfinite.net/2015/12/mighty-no-9-sequel-coming/ This guy is hilarious definitely one of the worst devs. Anyone wanna bet he use's kickstarter a 3rd time?

Dude. DUDE. This might be a bad patch, but Keiji Inafune is definitely NOT "one of the worst devs".

Inafune? odd way of typing Akira Kitamura the REAL person who made mega man smh. As for greg his reviews he did for ign made me dislike him.

DUDE. Give it a rest. However...

This, on the other hand, is spot-on. You can't run to ANOTHER crowdfunding project if you haven't finished the one you started with. Not the worst developer ever, but definitely needs to be called out for this nonsense. 

Honestly, I don't see why people even fund this crap. I can't believe how much the gaming consumer is willing to take.

I think that you have to watch the interview because what I got from the interview (done by Colin M. by the way, not Greg M.) is that they were bouncing ideas/illustrations around. Nothing too serious.

Well, that's what I got out of it anyway. Didn't know the kickstarter has gone downhill, though.

I'll give the first once a chance when it comes out and if I like it, I won't hesitate to pick up the sequel. I think it's great when developers have something planned to work on after releasing their material. Gives the fans new stuff to look forward to and makes it seem like the creators are still invested in their stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think this has more to do with running out of money, and they need more money to actually develop the games. More specifically finish the first game, get it out on the market to earn enough money to finish the other games. The sequel is far easier to make when you already got a lot of it developed for the first game. etc

As for developing a sequel at the same time as the first game, this might be a very smart move in terms of having employee always busy doing something useful. If someone's job on the first game is done, they can't have them stay around doing nothing.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1