What games would you like to see get re-released in 2016?

ItsWhooper

I'm sure somewhere on the forums someone has covered this topic before but I'd love to see what other people think. (I'm sorta new to the forums)

Games I'd love to see re-released with trophies would have to be...

Legend of Dragoon

Bully

Spyro

Need for Speed Underground 2

Tony Hawks Proskater 2

I'd love to know your thoughts! 

• Like 1

For re-releases, Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1/2, Persona 3 (FES or Portable), Shadow Hearts trilogy (never got to play the first, and the 3rd isn't that awesome, but the 2nd IS AWESOME), Disgaea 1/2, Dark Chronicles would be my most looking forward titles, but I wouldn't say no to Suikoden, Xenosaga (EU only saw episode 2..), Odin Sphere, Star Ocean 3, Devil Summoner 1/2 (EU only got the 1st game), Dragon Quest VIII or Atelier Iris trilogy..

Still my top 2 would be Persona 3 and Shadow Heart 2..

Re-released with trophies would like to these ones
Eternal Sonata
Dark Sector
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Dragon Rage

Drakengard 1 & 2
Savage Skies
Draken the Ancient Gates
Second Sight
Killer 7
Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2

Big Mutha Truckers
Legend of Spyro HD Trilogy
Spyro A Heroes Tail
Sonic Heroes
Shadow the Hedgehog
Ecco the Dolphin Defender of the Future
007 Everything or Nothing

I also know it would probably be impossible but would have like to see Baten Kaitos and Lost Kingdoms games as well think both are third party titles but were exclusive to gamecube.

and these have trophies already but would like to see Tales of Vesperia and Shining Resonance brought to PS4 as well to North America.

I'm not entirely sure if Baten Kaitos and Lost Kingdoms is a similar matter like Bayonetta 2 or not either.

Edited by Nightstream88

None. They need to stop remastering/porting old games and work on building up their collection of new IPs and third-party titles. This remastering shit was cool in 2013 and some of 2014, but It's fucking 2016 now and the install base has surpassed 30 million units. What more does Sony need?

• Like 2

None. They need to stop remastering/porting old games and work on building up their collection of new IPs and third-party titles. This remastering shit was cool in 2013 and some of 2014, but It's fucking 2016 now and the install base has surpassed 30 million units. What more does Sony need?

the best nd most simple answer is that its not so much the companies need but ours as u can see and im sure if u look around the web in these sorts of forums people are asking for their old beloved games to be brought forward dont you have a game or games from your past u wish u could play? maybe show your children and grand children someday? im all for them bringing all of ps1,2 and 3 and 4 and so on int the future since it seems to cost to much to backwards compatible the new systems and it costs to much to maintain and keep producing the old systems y not just bring the games forward? those are really just data completed data at that so it woud only take few tweeks to bring them forward

the best nd most simple answer is that its not so much the companies need but ours as u can see and im sure if u look around the web in these sorts of forums people are asking for their old beloved games to be brought forward dont you have a game or games from your past u wish u could play? maybe show your children and grand children someday? im all for them bringing all of ps1,2 and 3 and 4 and so on int the future since it seems to cost to much to backwards compatible the new systems and it costs to much to maintain and keep producing the old systems y not just bring the games forward? those are really just data completed data at that so it woud only take few tweeks to bring them forward

Unlike some people, I actually keep my old consoles to play my old games. I have no need for remasters when I have the original an arm's length away. I'm fine with them making the game available for downloading, but completely overhauling the game and putting in extra work adding trophies, etc. is unnecessary and simply padding the PS4's library artificially when these companies should be putting forth more effort creating new games.

Also, please use proper sentence structure and grammar when posting in a public forum. It makes it so much easier to understand you.

Edited by AnimeDreama
  • Like 2

Unlike some people, I actually keep my old consoles to play my old games. I have no need for remasters when I have the original an arm's length away. I'm fine with them making the game available for downloading, but completely overhauling the game and putting in extra work adding trophies, etc. is unnecessary and simply padding the PS4's library artificially when these companies should be putting forth more effort creating new games.

Also, please use proper sentence structure and grammar when posting in a public forum. It makes it so much easier to understand you.

and what will you do when those old consoles finally give up the ghost? will u magically still be able to play? things do break down sadly and its gotten pretty hard to find older consols for a decent price

and on part of what you said i do agree they dont have to add trophies but i can see why they tweek afew things back in the day waiting forever to start combat was normal now people would get angry and there is other tweeks they usually make

i dont really see it as padding the ps4 library more like adding to the classics section of the ps store ust because its playable on the ps4 dosnt mean its a ps4 game its still the original consols game 

i kind of think the people who are complaining are just complaining to complain for example you want all new original games right but i bet if they said oh 10 years to make it ud get pissed u want it right now or if they said oh we can do it in under a year but it will be a mess but hey we can patch the hell out of it later you would complain but say rockstar kicks out a couple remasters of the old gta games and maybe red dead redemption to tie us over till they next big thing yup you will complain 

when i say you i dont neccisarily mean you but the people who complain about every thing going on and cant try to see it from a logical view 

its not like their doors are just magically open and they spit out new games or can sustain themselves during the process they gotta make some money somewhere or the lights go out

also besides afew spelling errors likely due to the keyboard sucking and a few missed commas and periods i speak very legible and so if u have trouble reading you might need to take an english class maybe reading class check into glasses who knows atleast i dont write a wall of text with no punctuation at all like alot on these forums do

For re-releases, Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1/2, Persona 3 (FES or Portable), Shadow Hearts trilogy (never got to play the first, and the 3rd isn't that awesome, but the 2nd IS AWESOME), Disgaea 1/2, Dark Chronicles would be my most looking forward titles, but I wouldn't say no to Suikoden, Xenosaga (EU only saw episode 2..), Odin Sphere, Star Ocean 3, Devil Summoner 1/2 (EU only got the 1st game), Dragon Quest VIII or Atelier Iris trilogy..

Still my top 2 would be Persona 3 and Shadow Heart 2..

That is a really solid list. I did not know about EU only getting episode 2 of Xenosaga. Do you know if they have ever addressed on why that happened?

I would disagree with you. Remasters/re-releases can help introduce, and preserve the history of gaming. I collect games and enjoy playing them. Though as you suggest you have keep your old consoles and old games, many have not, along with there being many new gamers  that had never played those games. Some of those games and consoles may be rare to find and/or expensive. Ports are a great way to keep those games easily and legally accessible. Also the work and money to remaster a game is small compared to making a game from scratch. I would like to establish that some of the current re-releases are a bit ridiculous. DMC, Dark Souls II, and Deadpool do not need a re-release when they are all multi-platform games from one generation ago that are easily accessible games at most likely a better price.

Edited by sephiroth70001

I would disagree with you. Remasters/re-releases can help introduce, and preserve the history of gaming. I collect games and enjoy playing them. Though as you suggest you have keep your old consoles and old games, many have not, along with there being many new gamers  that had never played those games. Some of those games and consoles may be rare to find and/or expensive. Ports are a great way to keep those games easily and legally accessible. Also the work and money to remaster a game is small compared to making a game from scratch. I would like to establish that some of the current re-releases are ridiculous. DMC, Dark Souls II, and Deadpool do not need a re-release when they are all multi-platform games from one generation ago that are easily accessible games at most likely a better price.

Like AnimeDreama, I have all my old consoles going back to an Atari 2600. Haven't fired any of them up in ages though, so I'm with you on this. I was pretty busy during the PS2 cycle, so missed a lot of games. Having them re-released is good as I may pick up games I missed the last time.

I also find that the trophy list changes the way I game - I may play in a different way, or on a different difficulty. A good list also challenges you to game out of your comfort zone - perhaps to use stealth where you wouldn't or to use a weapon you don't normally.

So I'm cool with these, although I will probably pass on most.

The one I would be most looking forward to is BLACK with trophies.

You realise it isn't just the platform manufacturers that are producing the remasters - but also third party developers?

Not to mention, each console generation is always someone's first - and I see no reason why previous titles cannot be made available at ease and for a better price than when it was first released.

Collections like Uncharted available for a third of the price than what it cost upon initial release is a bargain.

Even if you do not see the value, "one man's garbage is another man's treasure".  The market has spoken very loudly that for whatever reason remasters and collections are demanded so I would posit that they are still "cool".

As for what I would like to see;

Final Fantasy VIII - this is the forerunner by a long way, and given the same treatment as the recent Final Fantasy VII.

Final Fantasy XII & Revenant Wings - given the same treatment as Final Fantasy X & X-2.

Persona 1 through 3

Airblade - Criterion debut and launch game for PS2

Silent Bomber - PS1

Together with others that people have already expressed.