What games would you like to see get re-released in 2016?

ItsWhooper

That is a really solid list. I did not know about EU only getting episode 2 of Xenosaga. Do you know if they have ever addressed on why that happened?

Yup, it covers most of what I think are great RPGs from ps2 (I forgot to mention Tales of Abyss, but I'm unsure if it got an English release at all..)

At the time there wasn't as many info available as now, so I don't know what happened.. I know that Episode 1 was in the Episode 2 game case (all cut-scenes from episode 1 arranged like an anime to tell the story previous to episode 2).. As for episode 3, I guess it wasn't released because of poor sales of episode 2 or something (remember this was Nanco from the time they didn't bothered to bring Tales of to Europe at all..)..

Devil Summoner 2 probably followed the same line of thinking (even tough between Devil Summoner 1 and 2 Atlus released several Persona 3/4 games in Europe with good sales numbers.. This was also during the time that Atlus was branding Persona, Devil Summoner, Shin Megumi Tensei and Digital Devil Saga series all under the Shin Megumi Tensei name, because the SMT was better known and they kind of are from the same universe, since all share the dark themes and the heavy mythological creatures and whatnot). Still it's good that they dropped the universe name now, and started treating each series individually!

I also remember that there were odd games at that time that came out on the UK, but weren't released anywhere else on the PAL territories like Ar Tonelico 1 (I found this out when #2 was released.. still have Ar Tonelico 3 on my ps3 backlog for years :lol:).

Yup, it covers most of what I think are great RPGs from ps2 (I forgot to mention Tales of Abyss, but I'm unsure if it got an English release at all..)

At the time there wasn't as many info available as now, so I don't know what happened.. I know that Episode 1 was in the Episode 2 game case (all cut-scenes from episode 1 arranged like an anime to tell the story previous to episode 2).. As for episode 3, I guess it wasn't released because of poor sales of episode 2 or something (remember this was Nanco from the time they didn't bothered to bring Tales of to Europe at all..)..

Devil Summoner 2 probably followed the same line of thinking (even tough between Devil Summoner 1 and 2 Atlus released several Persona 3/4 games in Europe with good sales numbers.. This was also during the time that Atlus was branding Persona, Devil Summoner, Shin Megumi Tensei and Digital Devil Saga series all under the Shin Megumi Tensei name, because the SMT was better known and they kind of are from the same universe, since all share the dark themes and the heavy mythological creatures and whatnot). Still it's good that they dropped the universe name now, and started treating each series individually!

I also remember that there were odd games at that time that came out on the UK, but weren't released anywhere else on the PAL territories like Ar Tonelico 1 (I found this out when #2 was released.. still have Ar Tonelico 3 on my ps3 backlog for years :lol:).

That suck man. I feel sorry for EU for how many times they have shafted out of some games. Is there anything they have dropped the SMT name off of? To my knowledge in the US they all still have SMT on the cover. I do know that there have been some weird business choices before. Atlus in the process of translating Persona 2 had only brought over Eternal Punishment (the second one), while not bringing over Innocent Sin (the first one). When asked about it recently they had said they were in the process of translating EP and to go back to IS would be a little late and to costly. Why they did not bring over the PSP remake of EP when they did IS is something that i don't know, maybe the sales were not good enough.

and what will you do when those old consoles finally give up the ghost? will u magically still be able to play? things do break down sadly and its gotten pretty hard to find older consols for a decent price

and on part of what you said i do agree they dont have to add trophies but i can see why they tweek afew things back in the day waiting forever to start combat was normal now people would get angry and there is other tweeks they usually make

i dont really see it as padding the ps4 library more like adding to the classics section of the ps store ust because its playable on the ps4 dosnt mean its a ps4 game its still the original consols game

i kind of think the people who are complaining are just complaining to complain for example you want all new original games right but i bet if they said oh 10 years to make it ud get pissed u want it right now or if they said oh we can do it in under a year but it will be a mess but hey we can patch the hell out of it later you would complain but say rockstar kicks out a couple remasters of the old gta games and maybe red dead redemption to tie us over till they next big thing yup you will complain

when i say you i dont neccisarily mean you but the people who complain about every thing going on and cant try to see it from a logical view

its not like their doors are just magically open and they spit out new games or can sustain themselves during the process they gotta make some money somewhere or the lights go out

also besides afew spelling errors likely due to the keyboard sucking and a few missed commas and periods i speak very legible and so if u have trouble reading you might need to take an english class maybe reading class check into glasses who knows atleast i dont write a wall of text with no punctuation at all like alot on these forums do

Ooops, the quoting went hey wire xD Anyways, no more re releases please. Honestly, they are just cash ins. Just a couple of things, Firstly games don't take 10 years to make. Maybe they do in special circumstances as in if they are in development hell, and secondly I think YOU should go to English class because your butchering of it is quite alarming.

Edited by Kubanga
  • Like 1

That suck man. I feel sorry for EU for how many times they have shafted out of some games. Is there anything they have dropped the SMT name off of? To my knowledge in the US they all still have SMT on the cover. I do know that there have been some weird business choices before. Atlus in the process of translating Persona 2 had only brought over Eternal Punishment (the second one), while not bringing over Innocent Sin (the first one). When asked about it recently they had said they were in the process of translating EP and to go back to IS would be a little late and to costly. Why they did not bring over the PSP remake of EP when they did IS is something that i don't know, maybe the sales were not good enough.

They dropped the SMT from the Persona series with Persona 4 Golden.. maybe it became to famous with P3/4 I guess.. specially now that Persona seams to be an universe on itself with the fighting and dancing games..

All other games from the same universe still use the SMT logo or have the SMT name in second plan if I'm not wrong (or at least the last non-persona or SMT main serie game that I remember they released still had it, and that's Devil Survivor 2..)..

Ya, I remember it, I also think that EU never saw any of the P1/2 games until they were re-released on PSP.. It's still bad for EU nowadays, but it sure have improved greatly since the PS1/2 days! At least now some companies seam to care to bring those RPGs to Europe..

There's always odd decisions when it comes down to what games they bring to the west, specially when it's about RPGs.. a good example has always been Tales of Vesperia for PS3 (they released it on PS3 on Japan/Asia and they have an English translation of it, since they released it on the west for XBOX).. really there was never a good reason for them NOT TO bring it to the west.. even if the XBOX version did sold poorly, XBOX and PS userbase are different, and I still believe that the biggest group of console JPRG players are on PS systems..

Also when I mean SMT logo, I mean this:

smt-logo.jpg

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

"Tony Hawk's Pro Skat...ing Entirely On Nostalgia Box Set"

> THPS 2x

>> THPS 3

>>> THPS 4

>>>> THUG

"The Official Spider-Man 4 Prepper's Kit"

> Spider-Man

>> Spider-Man 2

>>> Spider-Man 3

>>>> Spider-Man: Friend or Foe

And a Crash and Spyro HD thing, and it's all good.

They dropped the SMT from the Persona series with Persona 4 Golden.. maybe it became to famous with P3/4 I guess.. specially now that Persona seams to be an universe on itself with the fighting and dancing games..

All other games from the same universe still use the SMT logo or have the SMT name in second plan if I'm not wrong (or at least the last non-persona or SMT main serie game that I remember they released still had it, and that's Devil Survivor 2..)..

Ya, I remember it, I also think that EU never saw any of the P1/2 games until they were re-released on PSP.. It's still bad for EU nowadays, but it sure have improved greatly since the PS1/2 days! At least now some companies seam to care to bring those RPGs to Europe..

There's always odd decisions when it comes down to what games they bring to the west, specially when it's about RPGs.. a good example has always been Tales of Vesperia for PS3 (they released it on PS3 on Japan/Asia and they have an English translation of it, since they released it on the west for XBOX).. really there was never a good reason for them NOT TO bring it to the west.. even if the XBOX version did sold poorly, XBOX and PS userbase are different, and I still believe that the biggest group of console JPRG players are on PS systems..

Also when I mean SMT logo, I mean this:

smt-logo.jpg

Now that you say it i realized that Persona spin offs had dropped the Shin Megami Tensei name. I was still thinking of Devil Survivor 2 having it. Hopefully you guys get SMTIVF same time as US. I guess the last persona game with SMT on the cover was P4.

Shin_Megami_Tensei_Persona_4.jpg

Edited by sephiroth70001

Ooops, the quoting went hey wire xD Anyways, no more re releases please. Honestly, they are just cash ins. Just a couple of things, Firstly games don't take 10 years to make. Maybe they do in special circumstances as in if they are in development hell, and secondly I think YOU should go to English class because your butchering of it is quite alarming.

i feel deeply sad that some people feel the need to be grammar Nazi's when what is written is legible, read-able, comprehend-able, and understandable its just nit picking and a form of bullying and/or a need to make others feel inferior

as for the cash grabbing and re-releasing of games others in this forum have already made several  valid and grammar Nazi proofed explanations and arguments as to why they are good and wanted by gamers. besides usually they are re-released by 3rd parties so its not hindering the main companies creative processes, they are just as focused on making new games as they would be if the old games wasn't being re-released 

Now that you so say it i realized that Persona spin offs had dropped Shin Megami Tensei name. I was still thinking Devil Survivor 2 having it. Hopefully you guys get SMTIVF same time as US. I guess the last persona game with SMT on the cover was P4.

Shin_Megami_Tensei_Persona_4.jpg

Yes, that was probably because P3 was a good success (well, why else did we got 2 upgrades over it in the for of FES and Portable..) and then P4 was an huge success, specially after P4G (still easily 1 of the best PSV games out), with this they probably decided to split it for good from the SMT universe, or maybe they wanted to sell those spin-offs based on P4 success (and well SMT is mainly associated with RPGs).

When P5 is released we will know if they cut ties between SMT and Persona, or if they still want to keep the it on the SMT universe.. but the P5 official website have no SMT reference at all either.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

i feel deeply sad that some people feel the need to be grammar Nazi's when what is written is legible, read-able, comprehend-able, and understandable its just nit picking and a form of bullying and/or a need to make others feel inferior

as for the cash grabbing and re-releasing of games others in this forum have already made several  valid and grammar Nazi proofed explanations and arguments as to why they are good and wanted by gamers. besides usually they are re-released by 3rd parties so its not hindering the main companies creative processes, they are just as focused on making new games as they would be if the old games wasn't being re-released

lol if you don't want people calling you out on your English then why don't you fix it? Also why are remakes wanted by gamers? Because they joined the console party late? If you really wanted to play that game, you could go buy the older copy and the console and probably another game for less than some of these remasters and or remakes are selling for. Obviously this is just my opinion and all and I'm sorry for being a "bully" or whatever and I respect your opinion.

lol if you don't want people calling you out on your English then why don't you fix it? Also why are remakes wanted by gamers? Because they joined the console party late? If you really wanted to play that game, you could go buy the older copy and the console and probably another game for less than some of these remasters and or remakes are selling for. Obviously this is just my opinion and all and I'm sorry for being a "bully" or whatever and I respect your opinion.

There are a lot of games that would be significantly more expensive to buy than if they re-released the game as a digital download or remaster. Some examples of game series that are more than $60 on ebay listed in here are. Xenosaga, spyro, and shadow hearts. This is also not considering more re-releases are not full retail on release and will go down in price afterwords. I got the ratchet and clank collection and the sly collection for under $10 each. The PS2 original versions i find are more than that all together at pawn shops and thrift stores. What about digital games that are available on PS3 at a reasonable price. I think something around 15$ is more reasonable than Xenogears ($60-70$) or suikoden II ($100+). Re-releases are usually more affordable than the originals at release or soon after.

gamers want them, i know people who have been gamers since atari, they want older games too its actually usually the newer gamers crying over remakes. i been playing since the atari age myself and id like several games brought forward into the current but most of the old old games just wouldn't work on the new consoles or the proper console to even play them are extinct. it does happen i don't think its asking to much for afew ps1 games and ps2 games to be brought forward and even ps3 games. not as much as the ps1 and 2 games of course but ps3 should get a little love right? specially for the people finally seeing the light and coming to playstation after years of xbox and the first console they got is ps4 should they be punished for not being able to afford or find a good working ps3? or ps2?

Off topic - in response to the "no remasters, we want new games FFS!" sentiment:

To which I would add that more games, available on more platforms, is not a bad thing. 

On topic: 

I'd like to see some more PS4 re-releases of PS properties and classics I missed out on in Generation 6 when I was a Ninten-kid. I may give FF7 a go at some point to see if I can see what all the fuss is about there, but other than that I probably need some guidance on what's worth playing from that generation of PS history.