SSX PSA: Things to know before you start + helpful tips after you did.

TheYuriG

Beware this thread might contain harsh language for the sole reason of entertainment, it's not meant to offend anyone.

Secondly, .org's guide is shit, one of the least helpful guides I've ever used 

Why do I have 3 accounts? Shift 2, self boosting king of the hill with only 2 people. Why the accounts don't follow a pattern like YuriAlt(number) or AltYuri(number)? Because whoever was the retarded person to make them had either: A- weak memory and forgot the pattern halfway through; B- was high on drugs; C- was drunk; D- was intending to piss OCD people that might link them together one day; E- All of the previous.

Small NABQ (Never Asked Before Questions):

1- Yuri, I like you a lot, I want to add your main account.

That wasn't a question and unless you are taking part of the same Gaming Session that I'm in, you shouldn't add me. Like ever. I don't like people, I'm truly an yeti.

2- I just started out the game. Can I add those accounts already and complete those badges right off the bat?

As long as you have beated the air tutorial and the first tutorial stage, yes. Those are required to unlock Explore mode, where my ghosts are at.

3- Wow, this game is hard. Do you think I can beat your ghosts even though I suck more on this game than red light people suck at nighttime?

Yes, I made my ghosts easy enough for anyone being able to beat them. They require no skill what-so-ever to be beaten.

4- Yuri, I'm afraid you do not understand how bad I'm in this game. I was born blind with 20% of brain size, without both hands and I play with my belly. Can I still beat your ghosts?

Yeah, I have you covered even you are the worst member in gaming from the whole universe. For a matter of comparison, I let my main account afk the courses and it had more than 3x more distance than my ghosts. The only thing that would need you to have skill would be attempting to do WORSE than my ghosts, but what would you achieve with that, right?

5- I don't like races and neither Trick it!, they are hard to get to the bottom, can you still help me?

Yes, all my ghosts are located in survival.

6- Where are your ghosts located? I can't find them.

I've set a ghost in every Deadly Descent's Survival Course (there is one in every range, it's always the highest mountain in every country) and extra ghosts on the mid-bottom part of the globe (+ Himalayas). I'm not mentioning the obvious location of ghosts in every Deadly Descent, but you can find the rest of my ghosts at:

(ex: Country/Range - Peak Name - Drop1 name; Drop2 name; Drop3 name)

Himalayas - Chomo Lonzo - The Monster; Fall From Grace

Africa - Mawenzi - Hush; Incoming

Patagonia - Cerro Torre - Code Blue; Vengeance; Last Call

New Zealand - Mount Tasman - Thunderbird; Jack-Knife

Antactica - Mount Craddock - Headshot; Root Down

7- That's so nice of you, can I repay you somehow for this help?

No. Pay it forward to someone else if you feel like it, donate to charity, adopt a puppy, feed a homeless. go practice good deeds, charity-help someone else with other game, whatever works best for you.

8- YOUR GHOSTS ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO BEAT, YOU ARE SUCH A TROLL, HOPE YOU DIE IN A FIRE WITH YOUR FAMILY WATCHING AND AELA'S GOLDFISH GETS SO FAT THAT IT BLOWS UP.

Let me show you the miracles of the Ignore List on PSNP and the block list on PSN.

LMAO, things like these makes it a lot of fun to read :yay:.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this Yuri. It's inspired me to pick this up again, knowing that someone else was having the troubles I had but was still able to platinum it is encouraging.

EDIT: Just got the platinum. Following these tips it wasn't too bad. Used the Alps to get all golds in explore but wouldn't recommend as two drops are horrible. The only medals I had to grind were 200 snowflakes/tags and wingsuit time, rest were quite easy really especially with a level 11 Zoe.

Edited by ShadeRyderGold
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I might pick up this game again then, since one of the big things i was missing were the Ghosts (no one on my friend list played this at the time).

Thanks for the tips, too! They will do wonders for anyone who'll start the game anew!

They are meant to be used by people who didn't touch Explore yet, reason why I bold and highly emphatize that it should be the primary focus. All the rest can be chipped away as the person's own time and pace.

I see you have all the 'full bronze' and 'one gold' explore trophies. Hopefully most of my ghosts can still be useful for you regardless, as you already have quite some progress into Explore by now.

• Like 1

Thanks Yuri.  I downloaded this game from PS Plus and haven't yet played it.  I'm glad I haven't yet now :)

You are welcome. Find a partner for withstanding records and you should be pretty much homefree from the boosting. SSX credits and the online brackets shouldn't pose too much of a problem to you, but you might want to consider tackling that too and boosting the Diamond/Platinum wins with your partner. Shouldn't take you both more than an hour and a couple PSN messages, just remember to go offline before the event ends and you should be good when you boot the game again.

• 2 weeks later...

Very useful guide/tips to help out newcomers in SSX . You've help out in some doubts i had especially in Explore . 

Btw , can i add up one of your alternate accounts to help me out beat the ghosts scores ?

I'll leave a friend invite to AltYuri2 , if you don't mind .

Thanks for your work on this game  :D

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...