Insomniac Teases New Game

Parker

Insomniac Games has cryptically teased their next game, with the promise of more information this month.

The news comes from a video on the developer's official YouTube channel. A rather tranquil scan of undersea ruins ends with the invitation to "dive deeper." Beneath the message is a date (January 28) and a time (8:30 a.m. CT).

Beyond this mystery project, we know Insomniac is working on a reboot of its flagship series Ratchet and Clank, and the virtual reality game Edge of Nowhere.

We'll let you know more when Insomniac chooses to reveal it later this week.

Source: IGN

I've always liked Insomniac so I have high hopes for whatever they put out next. I'll update this thread when we get more information. 

Parker

• Like 4

If only it was "We bought back the rights to Spyro and are releasing a new game" but unfortunately, that'll probably never happen :(

Actually it was Universal that had the rights to Spyro and Crash, with which they sold both to Activision afterwards if I remember correctly.

I want to start a website that starts timers for when announcements like this happen to when something is officially available for purchase.

We should quickly learn which developers to get hyped for and which to ignore.

Not that I'm saying that will happen here, but these announcements seem to happen too often with nothing resolving or something lame coming out that doesn't resemble the original announcement.

I want to start a website that starts timers for when announcements like this happen to when something is officially available for purchase.

We should quickly learn which developers to get hyped for and which to ignore.

Not that I'm saying that will happen here, but these announcements seem to happen too often with nothing resolving or something lame coming out that doesn't resemble the original announcement.

I get you. Sadly that's what teasers are for though. Generate a lot more interest in something that could normally just get passed over.

Insomniac says GameStop has no input on creative decisions, so there's that.

Yes. Good. I'm not surprised they felt the need to say it too after GameStop's infamous ambitions to get involved in development of exclusive (to GameStop) pre-order bonus items, missions, etc.

Not going to put it past them trying to introduce these if this project is successful and they decide to move more towards the "AAA" space next time. 

Insomniac really doesn't like the exclusive deal anymore, don't get me wrong Im not hating on it at all. Im happy for their sake.

Guys, if you want Insomniac to make more PS4 exclusives like Ratchet & Clank or Resistance, its like Colin always says, 'you better fucking buy that game' because this is probably their last take on it and if it sells bad again, I don't think they'll want to do more PS4 exclusives / any exclusives because they don't get anything from it. We'll see, happy for them and hope that development is going good for both R&C and Song of the Deep, looks pretty sweet :)

Published by GameStop...?!  :huh:

:hmm:

So that's physical release exclusivity taken care of then...

That's a brilliant move on GameStop's part. Big discount retailers don't care enough to worry that GameStop is competition and would likely buy from them, gaining them a little more leverage, while they can continue the physical market. I don't know how it will affect other game-only shops, but something tells me it's going to be in GameStop's best interest to get as many of these games sold as possible, so selling through their competition would be fine with them.