Cod: BO finally reaches over 900,000 Owners!

Maxximum

Because GTAV is split between two systems and BO isn't.

True, but it was on PS3 for 14 months which should've been sufficient time for most consumers to buy the game. Obviously some outliers waited for the PS4 version (and some double-dipped), but I still think in those 14 months GTAV should've surpassed 900,000 PSNP owners.

Or perhaps I'm underestimating the amount of users that buy games 15+ months after release and more people waited for the PS4 version than I thought. Who knows.

Not surprised, based on the numbers of copies for Call of Duty I used to sell when I worked retail. I was actually shocked at the number of moms who bought the game for their young boys, who looked no older than 12 or the number of moms who pre-ordered and felt the need to justify to me it was for their (fill-in-the-blank) year old son. Lady, I don't care, just give me your money. I'll forget you by the time you're half-way down the aisle, walking away from me.

One million gamers, that is quite a lot!

Black Ops one is a pretty special game to me. I put more time into that game that any other game ever. I just enjoyed it! The story was awesome, zombies was a blast, and the multiplayer had it's bullshit, but for the most part it was fun. They still sell this game brand new in shrink. I don't agree with this since the multiplayer is super hacked now days. If you're still selling a game new you should at least patch the multiplayer aspect so people stop hacking because that ruins that part of the game!!

I noticed this game hit 900,000 and I told myself that if I don't see a thread about 1,000,000 owners when it hits 1,000,000 I will totally make one lol. That'll be a cool milestone. 

• Like 1

Have people forgotten bo1 was given with bo3 on ps3? That surely bumped the number up. Bo1 had a better story than bo2 and the trophy list is easier it's logical that most people have it added. Doesn't mean at all that is the most sold game though.

If someone buys BO3 and it comes with BO1, it's as good as selling on it's own. Someone bought something and part of that purchase is BO1. It's a lot like how Wii Sports is the highest selling Wii game because it was bundled with so many Wiis. I don't like CoD or Wii Sports, but both titles moved a ton. Nitpicking how they were moved becomes irrelevant. Also, OP did post (quite correctly, Nice Job, ee28max!) Owners in the thread title and opening post. Few people in the thread even hinted at sold copies, most mentioned owners or players.

If someone buys BO3 and it comes with BO1, it's as good as selling on it's own. Someone bought something and part of that purchase is BO1. It's a lot like how Wii Sports is the highest selling Wii game because it was bundled with so many Wiis. I don't like CoD or Wii Sports, but both titles moved a ton. Nitpicking how they were moved becomes irrelevant. Also, OP did post (quite correctly, Nice Job, ee28max!) Owners in the thread title and opening post. Few people in the thread even hinted at sold copies, most mentioned owners or players.

I don't... Get your point?

• 3 weeks later...

There is much more than 1mm CoD:BO copies out there. The number reflected here is the amount of site members with it on their profile.

If we had total copies of GTA5 and CoD:BO it may be closer

Its not the number of site members because there is only 160,000 members here. Its any profile that has been synced on this site which would be 2.5 mil.

900,000 out of 2.5 mil is pretty good.

Say what you will about Call of Duty as a franchise (and I could say plenty) - Ice motherfucking Cube speaks motherfucking Russian in that game.

That fact alone makes it deserving of this prestigious accolade.

(On a serious note, I think BLack Ops is probably the best CoD of all, and am not really surprised)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You know what, even if people like to shit on Call of Duty, I'll always remember Black Ops, I had so much fun with this game, both multiplayer and zombie and the Hollywood-ish campaign is pretty good too.

Hands down my favourite Call of Duty, I really need to go back and get the Platinum. Not ashamed to say I absolutely loved this game so it's no surprise to see it as the most Popular game on the PS3

Edited by KRIEGLERR
  • Like 4