• white knight chronicles 2
    • disgaea 3 absence of justice
    • disgaea 4 a promise unforgotten
    • divinity original sin enhanced edition
    • final fantasy XIV a realm reborn
    • dark souls 3
    • monster hunter world
    • bloodborne

the main thing of the forum is to post/vote what you think that the hardest rpg platinum is.

if you think of a rpg what may be the hardest one but isn't listed on the poll, feel free to post it, if i agree that it is at least a possibility i will add it.

the reason i only have added the ps vita version of disgaea 3 and 4 is because i think the vita version is a remake of the ps3 version what should mean you need to do the same things to get the plat and more, what makes it harder as the previous version. however i haven't played disgaea yet so i can't say for sure, so if anyone know more about this facts i like to know. if i am incorrect i shall add the ps3 versions later.

the hardest rpg i have ever played is star ocean the last hope. (don't have the plat yet but i have played it about 300 hours by now)

edit: forgot to mention: i see a lot of people telling that grinding isn't hard. just to make clear to everyone, what i meant with hard is not literraly only difficulty but everything what makes a game hard (that's why i call it hard). in my opinion the hardest things are: time consuming (especcialy grinding because it's almost always boring), difficulty and missables. of course everyone has his own opinion of what he thinks what is hard (that is why there are so many different votes) so that's a good thing, i just explain this to making more clear about what i mean. 

have fun with the posting and reading the posts :)

edit 2: more options are added to the poll (see post 50)

edit 3: because i have 2 forums who look somewhat like each other, i have added a link to each ones topic. maybe this will help.

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/17868-hardest-platinum-trophy-or-hardest-rpg-platinum-trophy/

edit 4: i have added dark souls 3 because it released a few months ago

edit 5: i have added monster hunter world on the poll

edit 6: for some reason i have forgotten to add bloodborne, it on the poll right now.

Edited by yiazmat50112254

Well, If we are talking about the platinum rarity then Divinity Original Sin EE should be on the list. It has a ton of missable trophies and you have to play on hardcore mode.

I see Dark/Demon Souls here, maybe you could add Dragon's Dogma. Not the hardest game ever but it's worth mentioning.

I'd definetely add Toukiden the age of demons / Kiwami, very time consuming and grindy platinums.

In the end maybe Pier Solar and the great architects, it has a rare platinum but it's not hard at all except for a minigame.

Anyway I give my vote to The Elder Scrolls Online, it's by far the hardest platinum on the list.

the main thing of the forum is to post/vote what you think that the hardest rpg platinum is.

if you think of a rpg what may be the hardest one but isn't listed on the poll, feel free to post it, if i agree that it is at least a possibility i will add it.

the reason i only have added the ps vita version of disgaea 3 and 4 is because i think the vita version is a remake of the ps3 version what should mean you need to do the same things to get the plat and more, what makes it harder as the previous version. however i haven't played disgaea yet so i can't say for sure, so if anyone know more about this facts i like to know. if i am incorrect i shall add the ps3 versions later.

the hardest rpg i have ever played is star ocean the last hope. (don't have the plat yet but i have played it about 300 hours by now)

Vita Disgaea 3 is easier because the trophies for pirates were made a little easier. "Hard" is a very subjective term. I have no problem with grinding for hundreds of hours, especially for Disgaea and wouldn't consider that "hard" in any way.

I started playing WKC waaaay back in the day, and got bored, but didn't consider it "hard."

Until I know what you mean when you say hard, I can't really pick a game.

Aela knows it's not ESO :awesome:

I haven't played any from the list enough to say whether they're hard or not. It has been my experience that RPG's are generally more grindy than they are hard. Grinds aren't hard.

I'm trying to remember a hard RPG, but I'm having trouble. The ones that I'm thinking were hard weren't hard, but cheap. They required a single hit for your death and many for the opponent to die. They had simple strategies that made them ridiculously easy when learned so I can't consider them hard.

I guess I haven't played a hard RPG :dunno:

Edited by kuuhaku

Well it's not on the list, but my hardest RPG platinum so far was Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment. It took me 150 hours. Lots of this was grind, which wasn't especially hard, just time-consuming. But the HNM monsters were hard, most of these at least. Heck, even after 150 hours of gaming there were still lots of enemies I just couldn't beat at all, they just outright destroyed me.

I definitely think Star Ocean is the hardest of this bunch to plat. While the Souls games are obviously harder to play, and games like Mugen Souls and WKC take longer, Star Ocean actually has some pretty annoying crap locked into those silly 900,000,000 battle trophies...sorry, I always get hyperbolic about this.

As for me, the hardest on the list that I platted is Disgaea 3, but not the Absence of Detention variety. Just the vanilla one. 

Aela knows it's not ESO :awesome:

I haven't played any from the list enough to say whether they're hard or not. It has been my experience that RPG's are generally more grindy than they are hard. Grinds aren't hard.

I'm trying to remember a hard RPG, but I'm having trouble. The ones that I'm thinking were hard weren't hard, but cheap. They required a single hit for your death and many for the opponent to die. They had simple strategies that made them ridiculously easy when learned so I can't consider them hard.

I guess I haven't played a hard RPG :dunno:

I agree that I'm equating "hard" and "cheap". Obviously, the cheapest was Digital Devil Saga - if you haven't fought the demi-fiend, you have not seen a ridiculous boss fight.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

demon souls is if you ask me, bloodly blade stone is a near impossible find

Demon souls is the hardest RPG i ever played so far

Isn't there not a way to completely cheese this game though?

Also, no RPG has "hard" platinums.  They are just time consuming.

Mines isn't listed and is probably not for good reason since it's an MMORPG.  But it would be Final Fantasy XIV.  Took me quite a while to platinum and Turn 5 was stupidly hard when I had to do it (it's so easy now, only need 2-3 people to clear it), I spent 2 weeks just learning that battle.

Edited by DEMON

I agree that I'm equating "hard" and "cheap". Obviously, the cheapest was Digital Devil Saga - if you haven't fought the demi-fiend, you have not seen a ridiculous boss fight.

The two can be the same, but I haven't personally played one yet that has been both cheap and hard. I think just about every cheap rpg I've played has had a simple strategy to overcome the cheapness.

The two can be the same, but I haven't personally played one yet that has been both cheap and hard. I think just about every cheap rpg I've played has had a simple strategy to overcome the cheapness.

If you have the wherewithal, you should try Digital Devil Saga. Easily the most frustrating boss in history (impossible without serious strategy, but even the best strategies blow up about 9 out of 10 times).

Although, I should mention that he is completely optional.

• Like 2

If you have the wherewithal, you should try Digital Devil Saga. Easily the most frustrating boss in history (impossible without serious strategy, but even the best strategies blow up about 9 out of 10 times).

If I can remember, I'll try it later on. I don't have anything that can play ps2 discs for a while and my ability to download things for emulation is stalled for a few months.

Edited by kuuhaku

This thread will end up in wrong direction...

Or in the same way it went in "of all times"...

There is literally nothing difficult about ESO, i dont understand why people are thinking its a hard game. Its just heavily time consuming. Most people who say that game is hard hasn't even tried the game

What's about that emperor and fishing shit, did that get solved/patched?

Edited by TheYuriG

Isn't there not a way to completely cheese this game though?

Also, no RPG has "hard" platinums.  They are just time consuming.

Mines isn't listed and is probably not for good reason since it's an MMORPG.  But it would be Final Fantasy XIV.  Took me quite a while to platinum and Turn 5 was stupidly hard when I had to do it (it's so easy now, only need 2-3 people to clear it), I spent 2 weeks just learning that battle.

I just wen ahead picked the rpg that was the hardest to plat, if I never met someone who had that blade stone I would still be here grinding hours after hours for the blade stone

Not if DDS was around when trophies came out.  I bet you there would be that one annoying trophy "Defeat Demi-fiend." I do remember that boss though and not only was he hard, but the fight took ages so it was seriously a test of your nerves towards the end to not mess up.  I wonder if they will give those games trophy support.  ALTUS is just an evil enough company to add a trophy like that too.  Afterall, Catherine has one of the hardest trophy lists there is and it's only a puzzle game.. an even more difficult game would be Nocturne/Lucifer's Call though.. I was exploring, ran into one of the super bosses low leveled, destroyed me and put me several hours back because I was stupid and didn't save.. -__-

Not if DDS was around when trophies came out.  I bet you there would be that one annoying trophy "Defeat Demi-fiend." I do remember that boss though and not only was he hard, but the fight took ages so it was seriously a test of your nerves towards the end to not mess up.  I wonder if they will give those games trophy support.  ALTUS is just an evil enough company to add a trophy like that too.  Afterall, Catherine has one of the hardest trophy lists there is and it's only a puzzle game.. an even more difficult game would be Nocturne/Lucifer's Call though.. I was exploring, ran into one of the super bosses low leveled, destroyed me and put me several hours back because I was stupid and didn't save.. -__-

God - don't remind me of Nocturne! That was my first and only foray into the mainline SMT games, and what a nightmare it was. Here comes Mudo again! As far as main game, it's definitely harder than DDS...but that demi-fiend.

God - don't remind me of Nocturne! That was my first and only foray into the mainline SMT games, and what a nightmare it was. Here comes Mudo again! As far as main game, it's definitely harder than DDS...but that demi-fiend.

Demi-fiend has his reputation of being one of the hardest bosses ever.  I just think overall though, Nocturne with Maniacs expansion (did it have it included too? I dunno as I played Lucifer's Call which was the EU version and had all the extra stuff included) was much harder.

What's about that emperor and fishing shit, did that get solved/patched?

What do you mean by patched? I dont seem to remember there has been anything wrong with it. The Emperor trophy just require you to play alot in a certain amount of time. Of course you need to somehow know how to kill other people but you'll get the hang of that after a few hours of pvping. And the fishing trophy is a fking pain in the ass. But it's really and then i mean like REALLY luck based. You might get lucky and spent like 50-75 hours on that single bronze trophy. But it could easily go up to 300 hours just for 1 bronze trophy. 

As for those mentioning the Souls games. I know for a fact that Demon's can be an easy 2/10 and like 2-3 hours plat. If you get the right drops in Dark Souls, I think you may cheese that too. I'm more unsure about Dark Souls II, and as such, I think that's the harder one.

What do you mean by patched? I dont seem to remember there has been anything wrong with it. The Emperor trophy just require you to play alot in a certain amount of time. Of course you need to somehow know how to kill other people but you'll get the hang of that after a few hours of pvping. And the fishing trophy is a fking pain in the ass. But it's really and then i mean like REALLY luck based. You might get lucky and spent like 50-75 hours on that single bronze trophy. But it could easily go up to 300 hours just for 1 bronze trophy.

It either could be solved through an easier method of patched to give you the trophy for lower requirements. Seems like neither from what you say. What kind of luck do you say? There is the "spin the wheel and pray" kind of luck and there is also "as long as X Y and Z doesn't happen, you should succeed". The challenge 6 in VANQUISH was the latter case for me.

I know for a fact that Demon's can be an easy 2/10 and like 2-3 hours plat.

Even with maxed out stats and armor, you will still die if you don't know how to play. I could understand a 4/10, but lower than that is unbearable.

Also 3h plat is only if you are a 200h experienced streamer who gets all weapons gifted by someone else. With no experience at all, it is AT LEAST 12h if you are carried on the bosses and be gifted everything.

Hard platinums or hard games? 

Every jRPG in the world can be trivialized because you can grind and overpower yourself. Not to mention I have simply never played a jRPG that was very challenging. The most challenging aspect is usually getting past the theatrical/overly dramatic Japanese acting. They are almost always hard platinums though because of the intolerable grinding/replaying the game. (Star Ocean 4 is ridiculous in the sense that it's just mindless repetition and replaying the game over and over again, which is stupid).

Souls series is legitimately hard, though definitely capable of mastery. I usually die constantly in the beginning, but when I get near 100% I waltz right through it. That's a testament towards how well the gameplay is designed in my opinion.

As for those mentioning the Souls games. I know for a fact that Demon's can be an easy 2/10 and like 2-3 hours plat. If you get the right drops in Dark Souls, I think you may cheese that too. I'm more unsure about Dark Souls II, and as such, I think that's the harder one.

Though exaggerated, this is true. However, in that same regard, almost every game can be cheesed in one way or another. Especially open world/free roam style gameplay. There's always a way to outsmart the game because it's not an AI. Just look at MGS 5, which can be cheesed to infinity. Demon's Souls was definitely the worst offender when it comes to ways to break the game.

Edited by Paige-ID