[POLL] Do you plan your milestones?

Beyondthegrave07

Trophy Milestones  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan the majority of your Xth number trophy milestones? (1000th trophy, 2000th, etc)

• Yes. I plan the exact trophy for a majority of my # milestones
    • Somewhat. I plan the game, but not the individual trophy for a majority of my # milestones
    • Not at all. I like to be surprised/ I don't care for a majority of my # milestones
  2. 2. Do you plan a majority of your platinum milestones? (fastest platinum, first platinum, 10th, 25th, etc)

• Yes
    • No

I don't plan my trophy milestones any more. I did for my 1337 one which fit me and my gaming and then I did for my 1500th trophy too to a certain extent. I lined it up to be a platinum that I was playing at the time. After that I didn't really feel like working to get a certain trophy at a certain trophy count, so I dropped doing that.

I will still do it for platinum milestones because it's not as much effort there and it follows a pattern to me. I also like statistics so I track my own milestone bronze, silver, and gold trophies myself, but I don't tailor them to be such and such. I just let them fall where they will. I enjoy playing games and completing them, not trying to line up my trophies. I figure it will just show the diversity of games I play anyway when it marks off another 500th, etc. trophy.

I started planning milestones with my 2500 trophy (Lego Rock Band platinum). A lot of the milestones have dropped off the milestone list. I plan for every 1000th trophy and every 25th platinum.

Most proud of platinum #50 (Max Payne 3) and platinum #100 (Rock Band 3).

I never used to bother with milestones, it was only this site that got me interested in it. Now I've gone the other way. Currently:

I have the next 1592 trophies planned out:

Level 18 = Devil May Cry 2 Platinum

Level 19 = Stormbringer - Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

Platinum 50 - Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

3000 Trophies - Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Platinum

Level 20 - Super Street Fighter 4 - Platinum

Platinum 60 - Shadow of the Colossus

Level 21 - Vanquish - Platinum

Level 22 - Catherine - Platinum

Platinum 70 - Mass Effect 2

Level 23 - Dragon's Dogma - Platinum

4000 Trophies - Resident Evil - Platinum

I've also calculated it so that I finish a game before starting a new one so I'm not having to juggle games to hit a trophy at a certain point. Only exceptions for example being completing 3 DLC's in a game and leaving one to achieve a milestone. I'm also ensuring I now play games in their series release date order.

I found doing this more useful than I thought. I want to complete every game I have (except for the Unobtainable ones of course). I made a list of the games I really want to play on the PS3 before moving to the PS4. I then looked at estimated hours to complete divided by the number of hours I have available. I've removed a few games and now have an estimated completion date of Summer 2019!!!!

It's given me a great focus on what I want to get out of my games collection. Thanks PSN Profiles !!!

• Like 1

It's too much work to plan out my trophies, not to mention it's even harder to plan a milestone when you're someone who usually gets as many trophies as possible before moving on to another game. It might be costly too, buying games to act as filler trophies. Heck, not even I look at my milestones, so they're very "whatever" to me. Unplanned all the way!