[POLL] Do you plan your milestones?

Beyondthegrave07

Trophy Milestones  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan the majority of your Xth number trophy milestones? (1000th trophy, 2000th, etc)

• Yes. I plan the exact trophy for a majority of my # milestones
    • Somewhat. I plan the game, but not the individual trophy for a majority of my # milestones
    • Not at all. I like to be surprised/ I don't care for a majority of my # milestones
  2. 2. Do you plan a majority of your platinum milestones? (fastest platinum, first platinum, 10th, 25th, etc)

• Yes
    • No

Yes I do since my 2000 every 1k is an UR plat with 3000 being an exeption, mostly because I enjoy setting myself a challenge.

2000:   Catherine (JP)

3000:   Dmc Devil may cry

4000:   Yakuza dead souls

5000:   Quantum theory

6000:   Muramasa Rebirth

7000:   Painkiller H&D

8000:   Neverdead

9000:   Dragon Ball Z UT

10000: Fairytale Fights

50th:    Bulletstorm

100th:  El Shaddai

150th:  OlliOlli2

Fleks_Mhteam.png

• Like 1

I do plan all my milestones these days. Because I absolutely loved Mass Effect I made Mass Effect 2 my 50th plat. When I was playing Dragon Age 2 I couldn't make the plat my 4000th trophy so I went with the most annoying trophy in the game, Supplier instead. Had to start my 2nd playthrough early to make that work as well. I wanted to make Tactical Challenger from Vanquish my 5000th trophy but it turned out I sucked at the challanges ans was going to was my time and patience on them so I went with the next rarest trophy in the game instead. I currently have the Demons Souls plat ready to pop as my 6000th trophy once I plat Dust: An Elysian Tale and Dark Souls 3 will be my 100th plat.

If it was possible I would have loved to have made Dark Souls 2 my 50th plat so my 1st, 50th and 100th plats were Dark Souls, Darks Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3 respectively.

I used to plan some of them until I also got hit with the "missing time stamp" when I got my Vita. Now I only go for the Platinum  milestones as long as it's not too much trouble.

I think after I get this beauty 1S04dbf2.png from One Piece Unlimited World Red as Platinum #200 I may be done planning them out. (maybe :P )

A little bit. Since they'll be displayed on my profile forever, I've started making sure the milestone trophy icons are ones that I think look nice. If I can't find one when I'm close to a milestone I'll probably just go for anything, though.

There have also been times where I've held off on unlocking a platinum so that my fastest platinum doesn't change to something less interesting.

I didn't use to, but when I first got on this site I noticed that most of my milestones just happened to be ones that I thought were pretty fitting. So beginning with Plat 30 and trophy 1,500, I've been trying to plan ahead and find trophies that are respectable/appropriately named. When I'm due for a plat milestone, I try to pick a game that I especially like or that's challenging. For the trophy milestones, I look at the list for the game I'm playing at the moment and try to find one that fits.

Once upon a time I cared about milestones. That is, until they started disappearing and changing.

The platinum milestone, for instance, starts at every 10 plats but once you hit 50 it changes to every 25 plats. Then it changes again once you reach 100 plats and starts only displaying every 50th plat.

It's a small feature but it really needs some consistency. There's a bunch of empty real-estate under the milestones tab anyway, so why not have more visible milestones?

Edited by LDKRyden

Once upon a time I cared about milestones. That is, until they started disappearing and changing.

The platinum milestone, for instance, starts at every 10 plats but once you hit 50 it changes to every 25 plats. Then it changes again once you reach 100 plats and starts only displaying every 50th plat.

It's a small feature but it really needs some consistency. There's a bunch of empty real-estate under the milestones tab anyway, so why not have more visible milestones?

Because this? =D

http://psnprofiles.com/Roughdawg4

No, not really. I only make sure that the 10th, 20th, 30th, ... platinum isn't overly crappy and a challenging/time consuming/good game. Well, I say that now, but I honestly don't even remember my 10th, 20th, 30th and 40th platinum, I just wanted to play/complete the games and didn't care at all before I got to 50 plats. My first plat is good, my 25th, too, my 50th not so much (I didn't like the story of this game). I have no idea what to do about my 60th platinum, #58 and #59 will be Megadimension Neptunia VII and SAO -Hollow Fragment-, though not necessariliy in that order. Dunno what I'll play after that, maybe I will resume my Atelier Rorona playthrough.

Definitely. The anticipation and careful planning as you get close to the milestone can be kinda fun. I mostly aim to get a trophy for a game I really love, whether it's the plat or #x thousand. Sometimes it's also because I like the trophy image or title, like the Helios and Handsome Jack ones.

Imagine how long it would be if all milestones were shown. In that case, the page would take ages to load...

Ages to load?? I doubt that... unless you're still using dial-up. Their already substantially long list loaded pretty instantly for me.

Besides, not many people will have a metric butt-ton of milestones like the #1 ranked person. Either way, there's definitely room for a few more is all I'm saying.

Edited by LDKRyden

I don't plan out my milestones when it comes to them, still a bit surprised by my 500th Trophy & 1000th Trophy milestones though as my 500th Trophy milestone came about by getting a trophy for the game WWE '13 & a year later my 100th Trophy milestone came about by getting a trophy for the game WWE 2k14. I know it may not seem like a bit deal but didn't expect those 2 milestones for me to come from 2 games of the same franchise

I don't plan my # milestones, because I like to be surprised and I don't think they're worth the effort of planning them. However, I try to plan my platinum milestones, in a sense that, at least, I want them to be from games I enjoyed a lot. My 25th platinum is "True Survivor" from "Tomb Raider"; I liked this game a lot when I played it for the first time and I also liked the name of the plat, so I thought "This would be a good 20th plat."; however, a trophy glitched on me and when it finally unlocked, I was already past the 20 platinums, so my "Tomb Raider" plat ended up as my 25th; this was a coincidence, but this plat ended up as a milestone, like I initially had planned  :lol:. My favourite milestone is my 50th platinum: "Platinum Columbia" from "Bioshock Infinite". I loved this game, but I didn't go for the platinum right away; when I finally decided that it was time to try 1999 mode, I was close to my 50th platinum and I thought this game would greatly fit that place. I actually think it's a pretty good game to have as my 50th platinum.  :) My 75th platinum is from "Watch Dogs", a game that I had a lot of fun with, so I thought "Why not make it a milestone?". I'm already thinking about my 100th platinum, probably the most important milestone. I would love it be from a game made by Naughty Dog, but Uncharted 4 is almost out and I don't like to have my platinums waiting, so I don't think it will be possible to earn that plat as my 100th. If it could be The Last of Us 2, it would be awesome!