[POLL] Do you plan your milestones?

Beyondthegrave07

Trophy Milestones  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan the majority of your Xth number trophy milestones? (1000th trophy, 2000th, etc)

• Yes. I plan the exact trophy for a majority of my # milestones
    • Somewhat. I plan the game, but not the individual trophy for a majority of my # milestones
    • Not at all. I like to be surprised/ I don't care for a majority of my # milestones
  2. 2. Do you plan a majority of your platinum milestones? (fastest platinum, first platinum, 10th, 25th, etc)

• Yes
    • No

As I near another milestone, I was wondering how others chose their milestones, and whether they intentionally plan out each and every milestone. I personally don't really plan out my Xth trophy milestone (just look at my stupid 1500th, 2500th, and 1337th trophy, though my 1000th and 2000th turned out pretty well), but I do plan out my platinum milestones as I feel I like to have my favorite games displayed on my profile as I typically only get platinums for easy games or games I just loved to death (I'd rather have my milestones for games I loved to death rather than easy ones).

So, let me pass this question onto you. How do you choose your milestones?

NOTE: I tried to make the polls pretty specific as I know some people choose their milestones in different ways.

I don't plan milestones at all. I got lucky that an HDN one ended up as my 1500th. I am curious though, what is the purpose of a 1337th trophy? Such a random number milestone.

1337 is code for "LEET" or in other words, Elite. It means Elite. As in, "You have gotten to an 'elite' level in trophies (OK, I kind of made up that last part).

I kinda plan them if I get close to them. I stopped planning 10's once I got to 50 plats though. I didn't really know too much about the milestones until after 1000. My 1337th, 2000th, and 3000th were planned last minute. I don't really care about X500th trophies because they disappear after 5000... I think. I got lucky with 2500 and 3500 though :D

For # trophy milestone I don't care much but "Up to No Good" sounded great for my 4000th. Actually I was a few trophies away from 4000 when I saw that trophy and decided to go for it, so not much planning went into that.

As for plat milestones I do a racing game for every 10th plat but otherwise I just play whatever I feel like playing.

The only time I really plan a trophy is when I'm approaching every 1,000th trophy - I'll make sure it's a platinum trophy, and not just some crappy bronze trophy.  Trophies 1,000, 2,000, 3,000, 4,000 and 5,000 have all been platinums thus far, and as I get closer to 6,000, I'll try to make that a plat too.  Gotta keep the pattern going!

Other than that, though, I don't really make any kind of plans whatsoever.  Although, I'll be nearing my 100th platinum in a few months, so I need to pick a worthy contender to take that spot!

• Like 1