Let's finish Persona 4 Golden.

Physical attacks work best here, but you'll have to use healing spells almost constantly. Remember to guard before Nihil Hand hits and keep your buffs up.

Is there a tell before he does that move? 

tbh, I don't think I've seen him do Nihil Hand. My 2 attempts at him besically went the same, each turn 3 characters had to heal the party, and only Kanji was available to do any attacking. Not efficient, but necessary.

Maybe I need to grind. My characters are all ~Lvl 26 (except Chie, she's 20). What's a recommended level for this fight?

tbh, I don't think I've seen him do Nihil Hand. My 2 attempts at him besically went the same, each turn 3 characters had to heal the party, and only Kanji was available to do any attacking. Not efficient, but necessary.

Maybe I need to grind. My characters are all ~Lvl 26 (except Chie, she's 20). What's a recommended level for this fight?

I believe he uses Nihil Hand after using Ultra Charge two times. If that's correct, just guard after he's used Ultra Charge for the second time and you should be good.

EDIT: As for the character levels, I think you're good if you have all members at around 28-30. I believe the boss is level 35.

Edited by LucasV9991
  • Like 1

Just guard after the second Ultra Charge. For the recommended level, that would depend on the difficulty settings. Which difficulty level are you playing on?

• Like 1

At least there were Japanese voice tracks on the YT :awesome:

Best way how to play, muting voices and YT video running :awesome:

I want the JP track, but I don't want it that bad  :P  It would just make playing the game really inconvenient and uncomfortable in my opinion.

Well, Atlus is trying to hide that something like P1 and P2 ever existed, the only possibility =D

Dang. Are P1 & P2 really that bad?

I want the JP track, but I don't want it that bad  :P  It would just make playing the game really inconvenient and uncomfortable in my opinion.

P2 has the best story in the series imo, but the gameplay is so dated that I didn't really enjoy playing it.

• Like 1

Just guard after the second Ultra Charge. For the recommended level, that would depend on the difficulty settings. Which difficulty level are you playing on?

Playing on Normal. Don't think I can change it now... 

I believe he uses Nihil Hand after using Ultra Charge two times. If that's correct, just guard after he's used Ultra Charge for the second time and you should be good.

EDIT: As for the character levels, I think you're good if you have all members at around 28-30. I believe the boss is level 35.

Ok, thanks. I don't think I saw him use UC last night, he usually killed my PC before then. :S

Playing on Normal. Don't think I can change it now... 

Ok, thanks. I don't think I saw him use UC last night, he usually killed my PC before then. :S

Yeah, you can't change your difficulty on the first playthrough. Get to level 30. Just run around the lower floors and try to defeat the golden hands. Switch out Yosuke for Chie if you have her critical buffs.

Is he killing you with Mabufudyne because he gets an extra attack thanks to Yuki?

I want the JP track, but I don't want it that bad   :P  It would just make playing the game really inconvenient and uncomfortable in my opinion.

Then you don't want it enough :awesome:

On the contrary, they are MUCH better than P4 =D

So... Atlus has to hide that there is something better than their milking cow =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Restarted my max social link playthrough (granted I didn't get far before, but the very beginning of the game is honestly my least favorite part) after I defeated the Reaper on my old playthrough. As much as I love this game, I want to get this playthrough over with. Playing through this just makes me think about Persona 5, thinking about Persona 5 makes me want Persona 5 more, and wanting Persona 5 more makes me want to spend a lot more money on buying several copies of Persona 5. Maybe this is part of Atlus' marketing scheme...

OT: I'm at the part where you first get to the Dojima residence. Nothing has really happened yet...

• Like 3

Hollow Forest is no joke. Hope to finish it soon and hope I don't have to do it in my second play through.

You mean I can just not max the Aeon link and go through my second playthrough without Hollow Forest? All I have to do to get platinum is Hardcore Risette Fan, read all the books and fight Margaret.

You mean I can just not max the Aeon link and go through my second playthrough without Hollow Forest? All I have to do to get platinum is Hardcore Risette Fan, read all the books and fight Margaret.

I think you still have to, but opt not to do the dungeon.

As long as you don't max the Aeon social link, you won't even have to do Hollow Forest.

Hollow Forest is no joke. Hope to finish it soon and hope I don't have to do it in my second play through.

Just get a persona with the skill Victory Cry, it fully restores health and sp after each fight. Having Lucifer or Helel with megidolaon or morningstar makes things a lot easier too.

Just get a persona with the skill Victory Cry, it fully restores health and sp after each fight. Having Lucifer or Helel with megidolaon or morningstar makes things a lot easier too.

Well, I don't have them but managed to beat it! The bosses were actually easy but the dungeon was just annoying. It was worth it though! :)

Does anyone know if the inventory carries over. Can I sell everything (apart from items)? I'm about to go to the last dungeon and want to have some yen available for the second play through.

Well, I don't have them but managed to beat it! The bosses were actually easy but the dungeon was just annoying. It was worth it though! :)

Does anyone know if the inventory carries over. Can I sell everything (apart from items)? I'm about to go to the last dungeon and want to have some yen available for the second play through.

Sell whatever you don't need. Yen carries over but items and weapons don't.

• Like 1

Sell whatever you don't need. Yen carries over but items and weapons don't.

What jantrick says. Sell as much as possible. As far as I know only Yen, your Persona compendium and your stats (diligence etc.) carry over to NG+. Edited by LucasV9991
  • Like 1

Just finished the first play through, watching the end credits right now. The game is so meaty! I really enjoyed going back. Don't think Inwant to play the second play through soon after though. I really want to try to make the plat my 1337th. We'll see!

End-game stats

Hours played: 118 (don't ask)

MC level: 93

Yen: Over 1 million

Persona Compendium: 83%

What I loved:

The intro song (actually all except the Velvet Room one)

The Persona and the shadow creations (so creative)

All the animation cut-scenes

Best girl/guy:

Naoto/Yosuke

Least fave guy:

The bear

Second play through I'm not looking forward to:

Social links

Book trophy - missed it by 1 book!

Second play through I'm looking forward to:

Being in the different school clubs, music and basketball

• Like 3

As long as you don't max the Aeon social link, you won't even have to do Hollow Forest.

If that's the case, that's fine with me. I already have the Aeon thing for making Kaguya and got Legend of Inaba in my first playthrough(which is why I failed to get the book trophy, didn't have time to read all of the books).

Least fave guy:

The bear

Lulz, seriously, no one likes Kuma xD

Btw, considering you got Risecchi fan trophy, you don't need to worry about much on your second playthrough =D

With maxed stats, it's gonna be a breeze =D

Just... 1M is kinda low amount... have you been needlessly spending money? Or just not enough grinding considering you ended up on level 93 =D

But best girl is Marie... how could you not see that?!

• Like 1