Let's finish Persona 4 Golden.

What I did is just spend 1 day in the TV world. If you find the enemies too difficult, just stay on the floor you are on plus the floor above and below and grind levels. If you find that you're losing too much SP, there's the fox, and you should be able to find useful HP and SP items from the treasure chests. If all else fails, you could spend 2 days there but no more. When you run out of items, just go back to real world buy items and go back another day.

The most important trophy/thing you want on your first playthrough is to max all your stats (Knowledge, Courage, Diligence, etc).

Thanks for the advice. I was having the same issues as PoupiMyu as I have never played a persona game and did not no what to focus on.

• Like 1

I started the game yesterday and played for about 4 hours throughout the day. I like the game so far, the story is interesting but the time limit to rescue people is a bit stress-inducing. I have almost ten days to rescue the first person and I feel a bit lost about what to do except going into the TV and grind levels.

I was a bit surprised to see monsters and skills from SMT Digital Devil Saga, it makes me feel kinda nostalgic.

I got the first three trophies :

The Other Self 90.36%

Advantage Mine 83.52%

Fashion Plate 77.09%

Thanks for the advice. I was having the same issues as PoupiMyu as I have never played a persona game and did not no what to focus on.

What I did is just spend 1 day in the TV world. If you find the enemies too difficult, just stay on the floor you are on plus the floor above and below and grind levels. If you find that you're losing too much SP, there's the fox, and you should be able to find useful HP and SP items from the treasure chests. If all else fails, you could spend 2 days there but no more. When you run out of items, just go back to real world buy items and go back another day.

The most important trophy/thing you want on your first playthrough is to max all your stats (Knowledge, Courage, Diligence, etc).

What Edunstar said is exactly what I did. Doing so will make you get most advantage of your time. This will help you in your progress towards different trophies and NG+.

So, like I said in my first post, I just saved Yukiko. I'm follow in video guides to do everything I can in the first playthrough. A few days before I saved her the video had me go to basketball practice. In the video, he got an S link up, and I didn't, so my question is: can I make up the lost time, should I restart while I'm not far in, or should I worry about it in playthrough 2 if there's no way to catch up?

So, like I said in my first post, I just saved Yukiko. I'm follow in video guides to do everything I can in the first playthrough. A few days before I saved her the video had me go to basketball practice. In the video, he got an S link up, and I didn't, so my question is: can I make up the lost time, should I restart while I'm not far in, or should I worry about it in playthrough 2 if there's no way to catch up?

There's a lot of time to make up for it as long as you're on the True Ending route.

• Like 1

Basketball can be quite tricky, I wouldn't use a video, why not the max s-link guide? Because with basketball there's a possibility to miss certain books because you have to be at a certain level. If this is your first playthrough, it doesn't matter. Your goal is to be on the True Ending and have max stats.

If this is your second one, then it is important to be at the same level as the guide. Otherwise on another day in the near future, you have to make sure to hang out with the guys.

Can you explain why did you decide to use a video guide?

Unless it's a COMPLETE guide including everything the maker does, video guides tend to skip less important part but in P4G case, they can explain discrepancies between your and guide's playthroughs.

You are definitely better off following a text walkthrough. ;)

New update :

I played for five more hours yesterday, I'm getting pretty addicted to this game!

I focused on Social Links and improving my stats and I completed the first dungeon. The second dungeon shouldn't be very far now.

I've been trying to fold paper cranes for a least 5 days but each time, something else comes up. It's so frustrating!

Six new trophies :

Grasping at Greed 75.04%

Persona Shopper 52.88%

A Prince Appears 76.38%

It's Working Today 47.34%

A Favor for Marie 72.50%

The Nose doesn't Always Know 40.60%

I really don't like Chie's voice actress, she's getting on my nerves.

New update :

I played for five more hours yesterday, I'm getting pretty addicted to this game!

I focused on Social Links and improving my stats and I completed the first dungeon. The second dungeon shouldn't be very far now.

I've been trying to fold paper cranes for a least 5 days but each time, something else comes up. It's so frustrating!

Six new trophies :

Grasping at Greed 75.04%

Persona Shopper 52.88%

A Prince Appears 76.38%

It's Working Today 47.34%

A Favor for Marie 72.50%

The Nose doesn't Always Know 40.60%

I really don't like Chie's voice actress, she's getting on my nerves.

Don't worry she mellows out later in the game.

New Update :

2nd dungeon completed. The third victim has not been announced yet. Kanji is definitely my favorite character so far! That guy is hilarious!

All of my stats are Rank 3, I have the feeling I'm progressing smoothly, what do you think?

Three new trophies :

Tactical Fighter 67.81%

A True Man's Stand 63.20%

Seize the Moment 40.28%

Oh man did I cut it close.. I finished all Social Links (besides Hunger) and books on the second to last day available. I thought I wasn't gonna get it there for a while as I had like 6 days left to finish and couldn't find Rise for like 3 of those days (who was the only person I needed left at lvl 8 at the time). But luckily she went to find me during lunch on the previous day and I was able to rank her up to lvl 9 with just 2 days left. I hung out with her again later that night to set her up to finish up the social link the next day, and then read the final half of the last book at night. Trophy popped, and set myself up for the max social link trophy with one day to spare. With that last day I'm working on grinding up a bit so I can fuse the last remaining personas that I can, and then I'm going after the reaper. I'll work on the Marie trophy after and then will have the True Ending to set myself up for the last playthrough and the platinum.

Seriously tho, this game has just completely cut into my 100% Summer Backlog competition goals. I lost an entire week because I was too addicted and decided to play this while I was home rather than sticking to my rule of only playing on the commutes to/from work or wherever I'm traveling to, and working on the backlog games at home on the PS3/4. But after this playthrough I'll take a little break to catch up on that and some books I've yet to read (IRL :) ) on the train instead.

• Like 3

New Update :

Third dungeon is over. It's now Summer Break!

6 new trophies :

Lucky Me

Granter of Your Desires

Fusion Expert

An Acquired Taste

The Lounge is Closed

Head of the class

Since I've been mostly using skills like zio, bufu, agi, etc, to exploit weaknesses, I feel like Izanagi doesn't really fit the job, his mag stat is too low and only increase when I use cards on him. Do you guys have any recommendation for a new persona with good stats and skills?

• Like 1

New Update :

6 new trophies :

Lucky Me

Granter of Your Desires

Fusion Expert

An Acquired Taste

The Lounge is Closed

Head of the class

Since I've been mostly using skills like zio, bufu, agi, etc, to exploit weaknesses, I feel like Izanagi doesn't really fit the job, his mag stat is too low and only increase when I use cards on him. Do you guys have any recommendation for a new persona with good stats and skills?

You really shouldn't still be using Izanagi at this point. I got rid of him early in the first dungeon. :blink:

Also, I need to know your level before recommending a persona.

New Update :

6 new trophies :

Lucky Me

Granter of Your Desires

Fusion Expert

An Acquired Taste

The Lounge is Closed

Head of the class

I OP'd with Black Frost. I forgot who mentioned it to me. It helped me right up until defeating the extra boss.

• Like 1

You really shouldn't still be using Izanagi at this point. I got rid of him early in the first dungeon. :blink:

Also, I need to know your level before recommending a persona.

I also have some random persona for healing, but I already had the feeling Izanagi wasn't enough at the beginning of the second dungeon :P

I can create personas up to level 49.

New Update :

6 new trophies :

Lucky Me

Granter of Your Desires

Fusion Expert

An Acquired Taste

The Lounge is Closed

Head of the class

Wait, wait, you were using Izanagi until 3rd dungeon? o.O

Holy wow, that's some dedication =D

Not to mention only using level 1 element spells? :D Wow :D You should definitely change ASAP :D

Since you weren't changing Personas, you should fuse the highest leveled Persona you can (both magic-oriented and physical-oriented) and then just use whichever Persona you like =D

Edu has a point with Frosty, but I'm not sure if you have all required Personas.

Yamata-no-Orochi still best Persona ever :awesome:

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

I also have some random persona for healing, but I already had the feeling Izanagi wasn't enough at the beginning of the second dungeon :P

I OP'd with Black Frost. I forgot who mentioned it to me. It helped me right up until defeating the extra boss.

You'll need to fuse 5 personas for Black Frost:

• Pyro Jack
  • Jack Frost
  • King Frost
  • Pixie
  • Ghoul

It's level 38, so you're good.

One last thing we forgot.

To unlock star fusion, you need to wait 'till the end of July (21 to be exact), unless you are already there.

You also get a trophy for performing Cross/Star fusion so... in the end, Frosty is probably the way :D

Well, summer in-game starts a week after that, so... :P

New Update :

6 new trophies :

Lucky Me

Granter of Your Desires

Fusion Expert

An Acquired Taste

The Lounge is Closed

Head of the class

Wait, wait, you were using Izanagi until 3rd dungeon? o.O

Holy wow, that's some dedication =D

Not to mention only using level 1 element spells? :D Wow :D You should definitely change ASAP :D

Since you weren't changing Personas, you should fuse the highest leveled Persona you can (both magic-oriented and physical-oriented) and then just use whichever Persona you like =D

Edu has a point with Frosty, but I'm not sure if you have all required Personas.

Yamata-no-Orochi still best Persona ever :awesome:

Nah, I've been using spells like Zionga and Mazionga for a while now, Ziodyne is the next spell on the list, I meant that I used primarily elemental spells. I already have unlocked all the personas required for Black Frost so that shouldn't be a problem. Thank you everyone for your advice! You guys are quick!

Isn't Yamata-no-Orochi the one that requires the fusion 12 personas or something like that? O_o

Nah, I've been using spells like Zionga and Mazionga for a while now, Ziodyne is the next spell on the list, I meant that I used primarily elemental spells. I already have unlocked all the personas required for Black Frost so that shouldn't be a problem. Thank you everyone for your advice! You guys are quick!

Isn't Yamata-no-Orochi the one that requires the fusion 12 personas or something like that? O_o

No, Izanagi-no-Okami is the one that requires 12 personas.

• Izanagi
  • Sandman
  • Nata Taishi
  • Girimehkala
  • Norn
  • Okuninushi
  • Orthrus
  • Kartikeya
  • Mithra
  • Tzitzimitl
  • Cu Chulainn
  • Legion

He can only be fused in a NG+ if you beat the True Ending on your previous playthrough.