Let's finish Persona 4 Golden.

1337th trophy - 1 year 9 months 3 weeks! I started this game in September 2014, when I visited the fam in Florida. Thanks soultaker for putting this up, otherwise I don't think I would have finished it this year or the next!

Im so happy I've completed it that I'm going back to finish Everbody's Golf! This might take me several months to complete, but fortunately I have other games to play.

I wish everyone else luck on their plat journey!

Congratulation on finishing P4G :yay:. You are the eighth person to finish P4G in this event and have been added to the Hall of Fame. I'm glad you enjoyed the game and that this event encouraged you to play and platinum it. Now that you finished it, do you think the game is worthy of all the hype it gets?

Also since I never announced it this event now has a cut off date. Since Persona 5 will be released in the NA region on February 14, 2017 that will be the last day you can join this event.

I'm actually going to join in on this. Never played any Persona, and I've had a hard time figuring out exactly what these games are. Seems DDR, anime, fighting game type.

Probably going to buy it come my next paycheck. I already pre-ordered the collector's edition for Persona 5

Added to the event. Welcome and have fun

Also there is a new Let's finish event. Let's Finish: God Eater Resurrection

Edited by soultaker655

Congratulation on finishing P4G :yay:. You are the eighth person to finish P4G in this event and have been added to the Hall of Fame. I'm glad you enjoyed the game and that this event encouraged you to play and platinum it. Now that you finished it, do you think the game is worthy of all the hype it gets?

I remember the feeling I got the first time I played it. I remembered it being a fresh and new experience. It definetely did live up to its hype, and it still does in my opinion.

That said I only had to do 2 playthroughs, and I was lucky getting the Risette trophy, even though I devoted 10 hours of grinding in the club. It should, deservedly, be in every Vita owners' collection.

And for those still on the fence getting it, I believe it's £5 on the EU store! Just buy the game already!!

1337th trophy - 1 year 9 months 3 weeks! I started this game in September 2014, when I visited the fam in Florida. Thanks soultaker for putting this up, otherwise I don't think I would have finished it this year or the next!

Im so happy I've completed it that I'm going back to finish Everbody's Golf! This might take me several months to complete, but fortunately I have other games to play.

Such a leet you are! :D

Congrats and welcome to the P4G ranks :awesome:

• Like 1

Nice work with the milestone :yay:. How was the fight against Margaret?

A quick update:

The cops think they've got the guy. I'm not so sure. I guess we'll see what's up the next time there's something on the midnight channel. 

Been spending time reading books, trying to make money (I still seem to spend it all as fast as I can earn it) and leveling my character stats. Still can't finish the rainy day special though. Currently reading a book about hyper reading. That should help. 

Decided to make Chie my g/f. She seems happy with it. I only wish Naughty Nurse had given a younger man a chance at the end of the social link. Aaaah, unrequited love for an older woman... 

I like annoying Ai.

• Like 2

By the way, just felt like asking, has anyone ever gotten all 220 Skill Cards? There's very few guides for how to get them all out there and most are either incomplete or kinda just slapped together.

Since the skill cards you get from shuffle time are always random, it follows that you will most likely have to spend almost a playthrough's worth of afternoons trying to get them all from Chagall Café - not to mention there are some skill cards that can only be attained that way.

Has anyone here ever gotten their hands on all of them? As of my first playthrough, I got my hands on 133, which is more than half, but I will obviously start getting a lot more spares on NG+.

Nice work with the milestone :yay:. How was the fight against Margaret?

From everything I read online about her fight,mi didn't find it too difficult. I used Naoto, Yukiko, and Kanji. All of them had their 3rd level personas which was a great big help! I'm pretty sure I beat her at the 54th turn. Having Rises 3rd level persona also helped, and I think I mentioned this before but I played on Very Easy.

Having those particular 3 personas for the MC helped as well and Kanji's Primal Force was the clear winner.

By the way, just felt like asking, has anyone ever gotten all 220 Skill Cards? There's very few guides for how to get them all out there and most are either incomplete or kinda just slapped together.

Since the skill cards you get from shuffle time are always random, it follows that you will most likely have to spend almost a playthrough's worth of afternoons trying to get them all from Chagall Café - not to mention there are some skill cards that can only be attained that way.

Has anyone here ever gotten their hands on all of them? As of my first playthrough, I got my hands on 133, which is more than half, but I will obviously start getting a lot more spares on NG+.

I only went for useful cards with higher level skills but... I think I ended up with 150 or so.

• Like 1

I only went for useful cards with higher level skills but... I think I ended up with 150 or so.

Ah, the completionist's curse...

I know damn well I won't ever use most of them, I just feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing any skill will be there for me to use if I wish so.

Question. I'm on my second playthrough, the first I didn't get the true ending, so I don't really know how things go after a certain day.. Is there a cut-off to any characters social links besides Marie and Adachi? I'm using a guide, but it doesn't mention anything about cut offs... that and I've deviated slightly because this is a guide for first playthrough without all social skills maxed.

Anyway, I'm at Nov. 1st, and I've got Adachi to lvl 6 already, and Marie to I think lvl 7. I know Adachi goes automatic after lvl 6. I've got I think 6 characters at max and everyone else besides Kanji and Naoto are at least level 5 right now, most at lvl 7/8. My biggest concern is the Death social link since that's only a once a week event. She's at lvl 7 right now. Nanako and Ryoto are maxed so no concerns there.

I know i'll have to do at least one more playthrough to platinum, but I'm hoping to knock out all social links in this playthrough. Do you guys think I'm still on pace?

Please no spoilers for true ending btw since I haven't got it.. although I'm beginning to suspect who the true culprit is....  :angry:

Question. I'm on my second playthrough, the first I didn't get the true ending, so I don't really know how things go after a certain day.. Is there a cut-off to any characters social links besides Marie and Adachi? I'm using a guide, but it doesn't mention anything about cut offs... that and I've deviated slightly because this is a guide for first playthrough without all social skills maxed.

Anyway, I'm at Nov. 1st, and I've got Adachi to lvl 6 already, and Marie to I think lvl 7. I know Adachi goes automatic after lvl 6. I've got I think 6 characters at max and everyone else besides Kanji and Naoto are at least level 5 right now, most at lvl 7/8. My biggest concern is the Death social link since that's only a once a week event. She's at lvl 7 right now. Nanako and Ryoto are maxed so no concerns there.

I know i'll have to do at least one more playthrough to platinum, but I'm hoping to knock out all social links in this playthrough. Do you guys think I'm still on pace?

Please no spoilers for true ending btw since I haven't got it.. although I'm beginning to suspect who the true culprit is....  :angry:

If you reach True Ending route, you have an additional month to wrap up things.

And yea... you will need another playthrough for Plat.

You have until Dec.21/22 for Marie so you should be okay. And maybe some time in January. Wow I barely remember, it seems like ages since I've played. Just a heads up you may want to have your fighting party's social links maxed to the 3rd level persona. It helps with Marg.

If you reach True Ending route, you have an additional month to wrap up things.

And yea... you will need another playthrough for Plat.

Not like it's a bad thing to play this game again  :D

You have until Dec.21/22 for Marie so you should be okay. And maybe some time in January. Wow I barely remember, it seems like ages since I've played. Just a heads up you may want to have your fighting party's social links maxed to the 3rd level persona. It helps with Marg.

Thanks guys. Yea, I figure I'll work on Margaret on the next playthrough anyway since I'm pretty sure I can't in this one anyway if I didn't have the true ending in the first playthrough. Same for a couple other trophies I believe. I'll also hopefully have a good amount of the compendium done by the time I'm done with this playthrough, so I should have some strong ones available as well to help out. I'm at around 52% right now and i'm sure just through finishing this second playthrough and working on Margaret max link I'll boost it way more.

Ah, the completionist's curse...

I know damn well I won't ever use most of them, I just feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing any skill will be there for me to use if I wish so.

If I remember correct the coffee shop in the city gives you a skill card you're missing when drinking coffee.

Do note that you need to beat the game with the True Ending before you can fight Margaret and fuse Izanagi no Okami in the next playthrough. Margaret can also only be fought on the last day of the game, so if you're not going for the True Ending, you'll need to do a third playthrough or create an alternate save file during the first playthrough.

If I remember correct the coffee shop in the city gives you a skill card you're missing when drinking coffee.

I know how to get them, I just haven't seen many people that actually went out of their way to get all of them - as evidenced by the severe lack of complete skill card lists.

The first playthrough is just for shits and giggles (and getting your social stats maxed). The second playthrough is when you actually get shit done, but since social links take up most of your time and it's extremely hard to get all of the skill cards from shuffle time alone due to the randomness factor (not to mention some can only be attained from Personas), I'll probably have to do a third playthrough to get all of the skill cards, possibly a fourth if I want to make my "perfect save", with every single thing unlocked.

Just bought it on PSN for 5 euros. This game has been on my to-do list for too long.

Can you add me to the list of participants?

I'll be playing this along other games from my backlog, progress will probably be very slow.

Now I feel bad for doing 46/50 trophies first playthrough :awesome:

Nah, feels better to simply enjoy the game at first and then grab the guide and get everything done on the second playthrough ;)

Edited by jrdemr

I'd like to join. I finally found my old vita yesterday after weeks of searching and I have the game downloading right now. I look forward to participating.

Just bought it on PSN for 5 euros. This game has been on my to-do list for too long.

Can you add me to the list of participants?

I'll be playing this along other games from my backlog, progress will probably be very slow.

Both of you have been added to the event. Welcome and have fun.

• Like 1

I would like to join this event! I started this game yesterday and it's my first time ever playing a Persona game. I just finished saving Yukiko about an hour ago and I am in love with this game! I can't wait to get further into the story and figure out where this goes. Needless to say, I'm addicted!

• Like 3

I started the game yesterday and played for about 4 hours throughout the day. I like the game so far, the story is interesting but the time limit to rescue people is a bit stress-inducing. I have almost ten days to rescue the first person and I feel a bit lost about what to do except going into the TV and grind levels.

I was a bit surprised to see monsters and skills from SMT Digital Devil Saga, it makes me feel kinda nostalgic.

I got the first three trophies :

The Other Self 90.36%

Advantage Mine 83.52%

Fashion Plate 77.09%

I started the game yesterday and played for about 4 hours throughout the day. I like the game so far, the story is interesting but the time limit to rescue people is a bit stress-inducing. I have almost ten days to rescue the first person and I feel a bit lost about what to do except going into the TV and grind levels.

I was a bit surprised to see monsters and skills from SMT Digital Devil Saga, it makes me feel kinda nostalgic.

The Other Self 90.36%

Advantage Mine 83.52%

Fashion Plate 77.09%

As a vet of the Persona 3 and 4 games, let me warn you - you're doing it wrong. You do not want to enter the TV willy-nilly as each time you leave, the day ends and you lose any chances you have during the day for socializing. You need to spend most of those days forming social links and doing things to improve them. There are guides to help you with that so you can minimize the number of playthroughs you have to do to get all of the social links at max(which you will need to do to get a trophy); I only went into the TV to grind when it was time to rescue the person, as leaving the Shadow World will end the day and you have limited time. Anyways, ask other people about how to spend your time or look it up on a walkthrough on GameFAQs. (I know I am copping out, but I'm not focused on Persona 4 Golden right now.)

As a vet of the Persona 3 and 4 games, let me warn you - you're doing it wrong. You do not want to enter the TV willy-nilly as each time you leave, the day ends and you lose any chances you have during the day for socializing. You need to spend most of those days forming social links and doing things to improve them. There are guides to help you with that so you can minimize the number of playthroughs you have to do to get all of the social links at max(which you will need to do to get a trophy); I only went into the TV to grind when it was time to rescue the person, as leaving the Shadow World will end the day and you have limited time. Anyways, ask other people about how to spend your time or look it up on a walkthrough on GameFAQs. (I know I am copping out, but I'm not focused on Persona 4 Golden right now.)

Thank you for your advice :)

I don't usually use a guide on a first playthrough (although I checked the limit date for the rescue), I like to discover the game and enjoy the story without trying desperately to get all the trophies. The 2nd playthrough will cover what I didn't manage to get on the first run (with guides and numerous checklists). And if there is need for a third playthrough, I'm ok with it :)

I've just finished the first dungeon. All in all I went there twice, I'm not sure but I don't think it's really excessive.

I'll try to focus more on social links though!

The Other Self 90.36%

Advantage Mine 83.52%

Fashion Plate 77.09%

What I did is just spend 1 day in the TV world. If you find the enemies too difficult, just stay on the floor you are on plus the floor above and below and grind levels. If you find that you're losing too much SP, there's the fox, and you should be able to find useful HP and SP items from the treasure chests. If all else fails, you could spend 2 days there but no more. When you run out of items, just go back to real world buy items and go back another day.

The most important trophy/thing you want on your first playthrough is to max all your stats (Knowledge, Courage, Diligence, etc).