Let's finish Persona 4 Golden.

Well, I don't have them but managed to beat it! The bosses were actually easy but the dungeon was just annoying. It was worth it though! :)

Does anyone know if the inventory carries over. Can I sell everything (apart from items)? I'm about to go to the last dungeon and want to have some yen available for the second play through.

Ok, congrats :yay:. I like the soundtrack that plays during the Hollow Forest boss fight.

Only key items that allows you to create the ultimate personas for every social link carry over, every other item doesn't.

You guys are just blind :awesome:

Plus, Naoto is not even best from the original, Rie Rise all the way :awesome:

Stop. He stated correctly that best girl is Naoto so you need to stop talking rubbish  :awesome:

I like Rise the most followed by Naoto.

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I started Persona 4 Golden on my Vita in October 2014 – and I am still on it. Currently I am doing not so bad on my second playthrough concentrating on getting the S-Links maxed out. But then, there is this … fishing mini game! :( I even don’t get the river guardian!

I am really bad at this, I don’t even seem to get close to draw that river guardian closer. Of course I read that other book and I can use Triangle for a little boost – but instantly the fish goes back again. This is extremely annoying and getting on my nerves. Are there any other tricks about catching these guardians? Like a special time or items or whatever? Maybe I am even moving the pointer wrongly, but it just gets so hectic and almost out of control, so it bounces to the total end of the meter completely in the red area.

Any experience on this anyone?

Update - Rescued Risette as soon as her dungeon became available. Well, I think it took me 3 days - had to make a few trips out of the TV to re-stock my healing items. In the end, I had to clear the whole dungeon twice to get to about lvl 34 with most of the party, which made it much easier than my first run at Teddie, where I was only level 27 or so. 

Currently just waiting for Risette to recover, working on stats and building up my Yen so that I can afford some better equipment and restock my healing items for the next dungeon, whoever that turns out to be. 

Been hanging out with Chie a lot. She's cool. If not for the naughty nurse, she might be my best girl. Naughty Nurse is still #1 though. 

• Like 2

Hello everyone! I started Persona 4 Golden on my Vita in October 2014 – and I am still on it. Currently I am doing not so bad on my second playthrough concentrating on getting the S-Links maxed out. But then, there is this … fishing mini game! :( I even don’t get the river guardian!

I am really bad at this, I don’t even seem to get close to draw that river guardian closer. Of course I read that other book and I can use Triangle for a little boost – but instantly the fish goes back again. This is extremely annoying and getting on my nerves. Are there any other tricks about catching these guardians? Like a special time or items or whatever? Maybe I am even moving the pointer wrongly, but it just gets so hectic and almost out of control, so it bounces to the total end of the meter completely in the red area.

I had a lot of trouble with the fishing minigame too, but others breezed through it :|.

Update - Rescued Risette as soon as her dungeon became available. Well, I think it took me 3 days - had to make a few trips out of the TV to re-stock my healing items. In the end, I had to clear the whole dungeon twice to get to about lvl 34 with most of the party, which made it much easier than my first run at Teddie, where I was only level 27 or so. 

Currently just waiting for Risette to recover, working on stats and building up my Yen so that I can afford some better equipment and restock my healing items for the next dungeon, whoever that turns out to be. 

Been hanging out with Chie a lot. She's cool. If not for the naughty nurse, she might be my best girl. Naughty Nurse is still #1 though. 

Nice, congrats :yay:.

I hated the next boss, it just felt really cheap.

• Like 2

Okay first thing, do you wait to press the O button after pressing the triangle? Because you have to beep ready to press the O button afterward, otherwise the fish swims further.

Also, when pressing the O button do you predict on the green? If you unintentionally press the other areas, then of course you will lose the fish. I'm just surprised that the triangle function didn't work for you. Just keep practicing and you will find you own rhythm. Maybe catch other fish to practice?

Thanks for encouraging me on the fishing mini game! I already tried quite some time, sure – also fished some easier fishes. Those are not a problem. Just the river guardian already drives me nuts. I’m about to give it some more tries; can’t do it too long though. Too dangerous for me beloved Vita! 

• Like 1

Update - Risette is recovered and has now joined the Investigation Team. 

Just waiting for a rainy night so that we can see if anything has turned up on the Midnight Channel. 

In the meantime, reading books, working, and eating noodles to increase my stats. 

Met up with an old lady called Death. My new best girl. I've always had a thing for goths. :D

Edit: Oh! And I came top of the class in the summer finals. We're off to the beach soon. I told the other's that I couldn't wait to see Kanji in his bathing suit, mainly because I didn't want to come across as pervy to the girls, but they seem to have taken me seriously... Man I hope I don't have to turn Kanji down later, I don't want to hurt him. 

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 2

The Death Social Link is far more developed in P4 than it was in P3, though the Heirophant Link in P3 also involved an elderly couple. These two games show that Japan respects the elderly a lot more than we in the US, which is a crying shame. I liked how tragic Mitsuo's story was - I can't reveal anything because it's spoilers but anyone who has gone through P4 knows what I am talking about.

Edit: Oh! And I came top of the class in the summer finals. We're off to the beach soon. I told the other's that I couldn't wait to see Kanji in his bathing suit, mainly because I didn't want to come across as pervy to the girls, but they seem to have taken me seriously... Man I hope I don't have to turn Kanji down later, I don't want to hurt him. 

Lol, I did that too to mess with him :awesome:.

Well, it's kinda hard to write a sensible way how to form social link with yourself...

There's always the split personality angle to form a social link with yourself :awesome:.

• Like 1

Got the plat!  Took me 300+ hours but I finally got it.  Could've got it 200 hours ago but not having the plat gave me an excuse to keep playing.

Congratulation on finishing P4G :yay:. You are the seventh person to finish P4G in this event and have been added to the Hall of Fame. I'm glad you enjoyed the game and that this event encouraged you to play and platinum it. Now that you finished it, do you think the game is worthy of all the hype it gets?

Count me in. I need to finally finish this ;D

Added to the event. Welcome and have fun 

I finally decided to get back to Persona 4 Golden after 4 years I'm now commited to finish it. I will make it my platinum #155 after I'm done Danganronpa 2. I'm slowly working on my Vita backlog now  :)

After that I will only be missing: Atelier Totori Plus, Soul Sacrifice and Disgaea 3 (Which is going to be the hardest and time comsuming from all of them) 

• Like 2

I'm actually going to join in on this. Never played any Persona, and I've had a hard time figuring out exactly what these games are. Seems DDR, anime, fighting game type.

Probably going to buy it come my next paycheck. I already pre-ordered the collector's edition for Persona 5

Does anyone know if I can still max out Rise's S. Link? I'm currently at Lv.8 on December 22. I followed the guide but am 1 level down, I believe.

Is she the only one that's a level down? If so, then you have enough time in January.

Does anyone know if I can still max out Rise's S. Link? I'm currently at Lv.8 on December 22. I followed the guide but am 1 level down, I believe.

Is she the only one that's a level down? If so, then you have enough time in January.

I thought the free time ended after completing the December dungeon even if you're on the true ending route :hmm:?

I thought the free time ended after completing the December dungeon even if you're on the true ending route :hmm:?

You can only get that far into December if you're on the true ending route, and after completing the December dungeon, the game continues into January. xD

Edited by jantrick2