Anyone alse who quited trophyhunting?

SwT-CarbonzZ

Hi guys i started Trophy hunting Mai 2010 and now im quiting on it , i don't know how other people feel after the same time, after awhile its so anoying to follow each guide for collectables , glitched trophies and all that stuff. About years ago i give up my clan on Cod4 and other games for Trophy hunt now i was hinking about quiting and yes people reinvite my for pure online game which i still the fun part about trophyhunt.

My Account Name: SwT-CarbonzZ

Hardest Platinum:

Gran Turismo 5

M.A.G (Normal Version)

M.A.G (JP Version) = Just 1 Character to level 60

Well, I quit from time to time for a few weeks when life catches up and you just have too many things to worry about at the moment.

I eventually come back to my trophy hunting ways....

Collectables are also my biggest annoyance, but, after a good break from it I get back to it.

You may get back into it, you probably just need a good break from it in general.

Nice job with the GT5 platinum, by the way.

• Like 2

I understand what you're feeling. I've quit trophy hunting after my insanely long and difficult Modnation Racers plat. I decided since I'm going away to college, I might as well just play PS3 to have 100% fun, and it not feel like a chore sometimes. Wish I had time to finish Borderlands, Bioshock, and Red Dead Redemption though :/

• Like 1

Yeah I have to go with there is times stress of life problems or work catch up with you where you cant invest the time even if you wanted to or me personally theres times where I just need to step back from huntin for abit to relax and just enjoy the games with my friends.

Around January-February this year, I took up a great deal of interest in other things than gaming and I just dropped trophy hunting since I didn't have time for it, around then I was forcing myself to get 10 trophies per day at least and I was in a terrible state as trophy hunting had taken over my life and I was spending money on games I wouldn't have imagined of buying.

I don't buy games for trophies anymore, and I only go for trophies in the games I enjoy (Sonic/SEGA games mostly, with Sly/R&C and other platformers also being of interest to me). Overall I don't game much at all nowadays, possibly 10-20 hours in 3-4 weeks, I spend most of time with computers.

Recently quit major trophy whoring.

I decided I wanted to be happier overall and be better at more things than holding a controller. I recently started learning French and Italian. My college courses start this thursday. I've picked up a crossfit class three nights a week. I work full time.

I wanna get back into shape so I can sleep with shallow girls... I mean - date a nice girl :)

After I am able to speak french and italian fluently, I'm going to learn to play violin. (Guitars are overrated)

I wanna get back into shape so I can sleep with shallow girls... I mean - date a nice girl :)

After I am able to speak french and italian fluently, I'm going to learn to play violin. (Guitars are overrated)

Made me laugh out loud :yay:

• Like 1

Since school has started and life is catching up at an incredible pace, I think I've stepped down from trophy hunting. Don't get me wrong, I'll still have platinums but I'll be on a little less and not playing that many "new" games essentially. I won't kill myself over a platinum or get Hannah Montana but the games I do have and enjoy are going to be platinumed when I have free time and if they are super hard then I'll forget it...

Just play your games and enjoy them. That's what I do. Don't play games for trophies.

This. I don't play games for trophies, I play for fun and collect the trophies along the way. This way I won't ever have to quit trophy hunting because I never started :)

I find the game better this way, leaving the trophies til last and using videos/forums once you get stuck. I have never used a guide from the start, and I don't get how people game like that.

^

Perfect composition of what a real gamer of this gen should be. You'll get the most out of your games this way. Especially if you buy a game at launch ($60).

• Like 1

I used to be obsessed with trophy hunting untill last December.

I realised that being THAT obsessed was very bad for me and my personal life in general so I decided to quit.

For 4,5 months I stayed away from trophies from fear that I may get addicted again, playing only long games that took a lot of time to plat etc...

Now I am somewhere in the middle. I play the games that I like regardless of how much time they need to be completed. And I don't care really if I'm going to plat a game or not. Still I like collecting hard and challenging trophies! :D

Meh...I get trophies because I game...I don't game to simply get trophies...however recently I've left the PS3 @ the house so the wife can get my daily GT5 paint chips. I've been running with the PS2 over the road to keep me satisfied, so there have been no trophies acquired recently.

I've thought about it a few and I'm sure many of us have...

This is how approach a game once I own it.

1- Check trophy guide for missable trophies only & time to plat

2- Play the game /beat story mode etc.

3- Finally, go for the trophies

I find the game better this way, leaving the trophies til last and using videos/forums once you get stuck. I have never used a guide from the start, and I don't get how people game like that.

this is exactly what i do and since almost all guides contain spoilers im not sure why people would want to know what is going to hapen before it happens in thier first playthorugh. those people have lost touch with thier true gamer and it does not even become about enjoying the games any more just about getting trophies

As others have said, I only play games, and hunt the trophies for games that I like. The last game I played and didn't like was Lego Harry Potter. I have 0 trophies for that game. I think after playing Hanna, my mindset on these trophies changed.

I did quit but got back into it. There is a 6 month gap between 2 platinums due to it. I just play games that I want to now. I think it's a bit low people getting children's games just because they have a easy plat.

Some of them are rather enjoyable...Toy Story 3 for example was a pretty decent game...

I really enjoy collecting trophies, but yeah sometimes real life needs to come first. Had to put off gaming for a while in the Spring due to school. Put Batman: AA platinum on hold in December and finished once finals were over in May. I made up for it over the summer break with a bunch of new games :) Back to school again, so playing is reduced to weekends now. I’m currently playing FF XIII and have already completed the main story, but still need to go back and finish the remaining side missions and what-not to achieve 100%.

"Trophy Hunting"...i hate these two words,i like to play games and to gain trophies to my favorite of them but not as a "Hunter"...Some people here have nly trophies in their lives and these are the first that stop to play,The point is to enjoy Games first of all with or without trophies :)

• Like 2

Since I got my PS3 last week I have lived on it

Stayed in doors.. Stayed up all night.. Fallen out with people etc etc

I start Sixth Form on Thursday and will hopefully get into a sensible routine because I'm not enjoying playing at the moment, It's like an un healthy addiction..

I'll enjoy it more if I play less I think..

But it's safe 2 say I'm hooked on Trophy Hunting and I don't look like stopping :hmm: I feel ill and tired as well!