Dead Island: Definitive Collection Announced for PS4

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/263481/dead-island-definitive-collection-announced-for-ps4-and-xbox-one/

Deep Silver has announced Dead Island: Definitive Collection for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC due out May 31st.

The game includes Dead Island Definitive EditionDead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition, and Dead Island: Retro Revenge.

That was about the leak, this is now confirmed. Although I can see the argument in favour of combining the threads... I think it's a decision for the mods as to whether this is distinct enough.

On topic:

I really hope that the development of Dead Island 2, which looked interesting, does not hinge on the success of this bundle, which comprises two uninteresting games and a runner spin off. I can't see these remasters selling well...

That was about the leak, this is now confirmed. Although I can see the argument in favour of combining the threads... I think it's a decision for the mods as to whether this is distinct enough.

On topic:

I really hope that the development of Dead Island 2, which looked interesting, does not hinge on the success of this bundle, which comprises two uninteresting games and a runner spin off. I can't see these remasters selling well...

I understand that. Maybe they can combine the 2.

I didn't start a new thread because I found the old one and figured a new one would get shut down.

• Like 1

I'll get this to replace my PS3 copies. I'd rather play the PS4 version when there's renewed interest from new players than try to scrape together enough people for the coop trophies on an older game.

Agreed, I'm more likely to do this too.

I just picked up Dead Island, Escape Dead Island and Riptide :(

I never played them, but figured I should, and they were cheap. But those co-op trophies....

Now I wish I'd waited as it would be much easier to find someone to play them on the PS4

they are, aren't remasters done by a separate sub-team while the main team focuses on new games? i think

Last I heard about the game was Deep Silver terminating partnership with co-developer Yager. That was a year ago or so, supposedly the game was handed over to an "unnamed" developer...

Last I heard about the game was Deep Silver terminating partnership with co-developer Yager. That was a year ago or so, supposedly the game was handed over to an "unnamed" developer...

yeah i know but maybe they might be doing it or trying to and we don't know yet, the problem is that some people thinks that remasters "stop" new games to be made, and there you have quantic dream releasing remasters while developing detroit become human, naughty dog releasing remasters while working on uncharted 4, sce japan studio releasing gravity rush remastered while working on gravity rush 2...

Edited by smellslikejavier

yeah i know but maybe they might be doing it or trying to and we don't know yet, the problem is that some people thinks that remasters "stop" new games to be made, and there you have quantic dream releasing remasters while developing detroit become human, naughty dog releasing remasters while working on uncharted 4, sce japan studio releasing gravity rush remastered while working on gravity rush 2...

They might not be fully involved with the development, but generally before a game releases and even throughout the development process the publisher tends to accompany the progress on said game.  So the more games they want to release, the less time they have to dedicate to each of them, which tends to result in either poor quality releases (if they push it regardless to meet a deadline) or delays, as it's been the case with Dead Island 2 (it's original release was in 2015, then it got delayed to 2016, while in-between there have been no news at all about the state of it ), Uncharted also has been delayed numerous times by now.. Same goes for a ton of games the last few years, Capcom, Ubisoft, Square Enix etc...  all have a ton of releases scheduled, most of them have been delayed and all of them have been flooding the market with remakes or ports. and the result was whenever the "major" titles were released, they ran like arse.

Just to clarify, I don't think there's anything wrong with re-releases, although I believe there's been a tad too many of them. I just believe developers/publishers these days try to bring out more than they can handle, and it results in unfinished or poor quality games, or games that need to get patched day-one, to fix a ton of stuff.

Cool. But Retro Revenge, is that new?

How can it be definitive without Escape Dead Island?

Oh yeah. I never played Riptide or Escape. Does seem kind of silly to call it the definitive collection when they exclude one of the dlc's. What is this Retro Revenge all about?

They might not be fully involved with the development, but generally before a game releases and even throughout the development process the publisher tends to accompany the progress on said game.  So the more games they want to release, the less time they have to dedicate to each of them, which tends to result in either poor quality releases (if they push it regardless to meet a deadline) or delays, as it's been the case with Dead Island 2 (it's original release was in 2015, then it got delayed to 2016, while in-between there have been no news at all about the state of it ), Uncharted also has been delayed numerous times by now.. Same goes for a ton of games the last few years, Capcom, Ubisoft, Square Enix etc...  all have a ton of releases scheduled, most of them have been delayed and all of them have been flooding the market with remakes or ports. and the result was whenever the "major" titles were released, they ran like arse.

Just to clarify, I don't think there's anything wrong with re-releases, although I believe there's been a tad too many of them. I just believe developers/publishers these days try to bring out more than they can handle, and it results in unfinished or poor quality games, or games that need to get patched day-one, to fix a ton of stuff.

but the uncharted 4 delays have nothing to do with the remasters, they already explained why it was delayed recently, the last of us also had delays before it was released and i don't know if they release some remasters at that time.

but yeah you're right, although companies like ubisoft release many new games per year that sometimes require large part of the team so i can see why their quality isn't always the best, but that doesn't happen that much with remasters because they are old games so they don't require a large part of the team to make them.

Cool. But Retro Revenge, is that new?

Oh yeah. I never played Riptide or Escape. Does seem kind of silly to call it the definitive collection when they exclude one of the dlc's. What is this Retro Revenge all about?

according to some other website "As for Dead Island Retro Revenge, it’s a side-scrolling endless runner action game with melee-based combat, leaderboards, power-ups, super attacks, achievements, and “plenty of depth.”"