Let's finish: SAO: Hollow Fragment.

1 - Vita + saving Strea CG (leave this one AFTER you beat the final boss for the first time without saving her) + Heroine Quests

2 - Implements yes, Debug Complete... literally NO ONE knows its exact requirements. What we know is that it's definitely over 100 this time

3 - Yup, but NRE is the best thing in the game together with Exeterna Sword =D

4 - Ragnarok from its quest, Exeterna from Grand Quest's Extra Missions (or you can just go and get it from MP mission)

Thanks!

1st - Ok, I will make sure to remember that, I will leave the story alone for a bit longer, since I'm working on getting all masteries + lvl up a bit + get some implements..

2nd - Ok, Implements will be a grind,  but it will be ok. To bad that I need to do more then 100 Hollow Missions.. well I will need to lvl up more before doing a lot more missions because those NM monsters above lvl135 are really hard to kill now (did the solo fight on Floating Ruins basement and it got to the point of me killing him or I die in the very last blow..).

3rd - Ok, then that's 1 more reason for me to clear it!

4th - Ok, I'm still working on Katana/2-Hand Sword/Spear, but will do those after I get those masteries. (what MP mission gives that sword? I may give it a try).

Thanks!

1st - Ok, I will make sure to remember that, I will leave the story alone for a bit longer, since I'm working on getting all masteries + lvl up a bit + get some implements..

2nd - Ok, Implements will be a grind, but it will be ok. To bad that I need to do more then 100 Hollow Missions.. well I will need to lvl up more before doing a lot more missions because those NM monsters above lvl135 are really hard to kill now (did the solo fight on Floating Ruins basement and it got to the point of me killing him or I die in the very last blow..).

3rd - Ok, then that's 1 more reason for me to clear it!

4th - Ok, I'm still working on Katana/2-Hand Sword/Spear, but will do those after I get those masteries. (what MP mission gives that sword? I may give it a try).

Implements were the worst for me, I much preferred the hollow missions and HNMs.

You get Ragnarok from the swords resting place, all the way on the right side of the hollow map. You have to kill monsters/bosses in a row, each time you kill one you get a debuff(so you need crystals to take away "all debuffs"), did I mention you need to do it in under 3 minutes?(those 3 minutes are odd, I never did test to see why it was giving me a higher time than it actually was.)

The externia sword is a drop from the hardest boss in the game. In the hollow area. The last "advanced" hollow mission.

A lot depends on what skills you've unlocked, and what lvl you are.

If you don't have the invincibility skill and nullify defense skill(there are 2 of each), that's what you should be focusing on(and oss chains(need to unlock the implements first and activate them) because the sooner you learn to oss and become comfortable with it, the easier it is when you need it. I only ever did 4 sword skills in my oss, last being the special sword skill.

[Edit: If lvl 135s are giving you problems, I recommend highly focusing on lvling in multiplayer solo, while also working towards those invincibility and ignore def skills]

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

(Advanced) Dragon of Infinite Might in Abandoned Area.

Its recommended level is only 250, piece a cake :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

I did it on 150 iirc, but you definitely need NRE and OSS first =D

Also, I was bored :awesome:

The externia sword is a drop from the hardest boss in the game. In the hollow area. The last "advanced" hollow mission.

Objectively... the advanced Sword Empress is much harder since it actually does something.

Exeterna only stands and sometimes summons little Exies =D

And even if it decides to follow you, you can run easily =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 2

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/29727-differences-and-help-thread/page-7

Objectively... the advanced Sword Empress is much harder since it actually does something.

Ya that's true, It was easier to run around and not get hit while waiting for my skills to recharge with the dragon.

Implements were the worst for me, I much preferred the hollow missions and HNMs.

You get Ragnarok from the swords resting place, all the way on the right side of the hollow map. You have to kill monsters/bosses in a row, each time you kill one you get a debuff(so you need crystals to take away "all debuffs"), did I mention you need to do it in under 3 minutes?(those 3 minutes are odd, I never did test to see why it was giving me a higher time than it actually was.)

A lot depends on what skills you've unlocked, and what lvl you are.

If you don't have the invincibility skill and nullify defense skill(there are 2 of each), that's what you should be focusing on(and oss chains(need to unlock the implements first and activate them) because the sooner you learn to oss and become comfortable with it, the easier it is when you need it. I only ever did 4 sword skills in my oss, last being the special sword skill.

[Edit: If lvl 135s are giving you problems, I recommend highly focusing on lvling in multiplayer solo, while also working towards those invincibility and ignore def skills]

Ok, I will look into those skills (I have mainly focused on getting weapon skills, not passives, because it's kind of hard to actually use any weapon type without having 6+ skills unlocked).. And leveling up while doing the some more implements.. (currently going for the ones related to kill stuff, including NM on rank 2 missions).

Initially I was trying to keep my lvls low to make it easier to get Mastery, but now I think that's almost impossible for me to clear much more new Hollow Missions at my current lvl..

I think that I will leave both swords alone for quite some time... if I ever decide to go after them.. currently even the easiest HNM offline seam impossible for me to defeat.. hardest think I killed so far was probably everything in that solo area in Floating Ruins.. (ya, after I barely defeated the quest NM I decided to clear the area, mainly luring each enemy to kill them 1-on-1.. even the last area with the lvl141 giant Eye thing..)

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

The stats don't really matter that much... =D

Question: Are you losing due to her inflicting bad status on you or you are getting damage killed?

Damage killed mostly. And I don't inflict that much damage either.

I think I'm going to follow this guide to have a real character build rather than swords and accessory found here and there.

I really don't know where to start with this game.

Edited by PoupiMyu

Damage killed mostly. And I don't inflict that much damage either.

I think I'm going to follow this guide to have a real character build rather than swords and accessory found here and there.

I really don't know where to start with this game.

You can actually play with swords and equip you randomly find, you just need proper skills =D

How far are you in Aincrad? If you complete Liz's story quests you get Remains Heart sword which is the third best one after Externa and Rangarok.

With that, you can attempt Ragnarok challenge and with those two swords, you should be more than okay against the spider queen =)

If you fail the Ragnarok challenge, it's okay, you can get less powerful but still pretty good swords.

You can actually play with swords and equip you randomly find, you just need proper skills =D

How far are you in Aincrad? If you complete Liz's story quests you get Remains Heart sword which is the third best one after Externa and Rangarok.

With that, you can attempt Ragnarok challenge and with those two swords, you should be more than okay against the spider queen =)

If you fail the Ragnarok challenge, it's okay, you can get less powerful but still pretty good swords.

I can keep the Dual Sword style then? Awesome! :D

I'm on Floor 92, I followed the trophy list in rarity order to have some guidelines.

I've already got Remains Heart :) I'm gonna try to get a few more implements (OSS and the Nullify Skill) and try the Ragnarok challenge.

I can keep the Dual Sword style then? Awesome! :D

Well, obviously =D Dual Wielding is the best and most OP weapon =D

I've already got Remains Heart :) I'm gonna try to get a few more implements (OSS and the Nullify Skill) and try the Ragnarok challenge.

Yup, yup. OSS is a must.

And with the null damage skills you should be okay even without Rangarok =)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Good for you Matt, hope you enjoy it. I'm planning on watching the rest of the anime over holiday travel the next few weeks then get back into the game in May

I loved Sword Art Online, it's my favourite anime of all time. I hope you enjoy it too.

A tip if you're slightly lazy and can't play to the fullest right now is to Auto Attack inside the Hollow Area in the Multiplayer mode (U can play single and just bring a heroine). Auto attack for like 2 days on various mobs and you will have maxxed weapons and your heroines will be really high lvl too, this will help greatly once you get to the anoying bosses, and u can do this as early as floor 76

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

No sword art online related but do anyone playing Dragon Ball Xenoverse at PS4 :o?

I ask since kinda need help getting online trophy ><
Before someone says "Go make a session" I already did :0

If you also need online trophy for Xenoverse I will lend help in return :D

Edit: Done :D

Edited by AristauesGiovani

I'm starting to see the end of this! Kind of tired of SAO, and this reminded me again why I always stay away from MMO.. really not my thing..

Anyway, possibly my last update before the platinum:

- Hollow Fragment Arc story finished (including recruiting the 2 HF only characters)

- Infinity Moment Arc Story finished (including all endings and save Strea)

- Grand Quest finished (didn't do the advanced stuff)

- All 7 heroines with max affinity/bridal carry/Garden quest (Request to Kirito stuff) done.  :silver: Memories trophy gotten

- All events that appear in the event screen clear

- Masteries maxed for everything

- Kirito Level 158, Heroines from level 114 (Silica) to 150 (Philia/Sinon/Liz/Leafa)

- All costumes for Philia, Liz, Sinon, Asuna and Silica, 2 unlocked for Leafa, 1 for Strea

- 120-130 Hollow Missions cleared (mainly offline, but the last 4 where in online.. good thing that's the total between both, because I was having troubles getting the ones I hadn't clear to appear..) :silver: Debug Complete trophy gotten

- 100 implements done. :silver: High-Ranking Tester trophy gotten

- 4-5 HNM killed online

Missing:

100 HNM kills online

20 hours online -> Redundant, I believe..

Get to lvl 200

3 questions..

1st - is the Kobold Lord really the easiest HNM? I always have problems with him and usually get killed by his high damage attack.. I have been farming the Dragon/Wyvern thing in Driogeer (the lvl 163 Hollow Mission, he is next to the teleport, so I think that it works just as fine as the Kobold).. And I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong with the Kobold Lord to die so fast when I get him to red life..

2nd - Any way to use Strea after doing the advanced quest to save her on the main SAO world? (I just want to access her to grind her costumes while grinding HNM or EXP after I get Leafa costumes..)

3rd -  I think I run into a bug where the game tells me that I have 0 defense on the stats screen, changing equipment does not fix it, is it ok to ignore this bug and assume that my defense is normal, but not shown or is my defense screwed?

Edited by Han_the_Dragon