Let's finish: SAO: Hollow Fragment.

I would guess i have done about 60 HNM's and at the very least the same amount of hollow missions then.

Do we also need to clear all of the quests in the hollowed area? cos i did a ton of those in MP but just random ones that people would create, no idea exactly what ones i have done to be honest.

It's the total of the Hollow Missions done online and offline (if you clear one online, you don't need to clear it offline, and the opposite too), but from what I think noticed, there's about 150-160 Hollow Missions total, but that includes the Advanced (really hard) Hollow Missions, so it's best to keep track of what missions you did to avoid doing the really high lvl missions and also to avoid repeating missions..

Also the Hollow Missions available to choose online are the same that appear offline, but the missions that appear offline are random (and have a expiration time as well as a respawn time), that's why it's better to do them online.

Hint for anyone who is working on implements.

In the Hollow Area Administration Console, you can activate a DLC Hollow Mission. It requires you to beat 666x Kobolds. Time limit is 24h I think, so it's a good spot for farming implements since you can activate the mission each time using the console.

Edited by ZeroGeass1

I use the  "Cries for Cleansing" Hollow mission which is in the Forest Area. You need to slay 6 Grief Screamers to complete the mission. But you need to Kill all 6 to complete it and they spawn unlimited and also have pretty fast respawn time and have pretty low health. They are level 230-245 if you play on the hardest difficulty. Don't know anymore what level they are if you play on easier difficulty but i found this the best way to level.

You get like 6 - 12 K Exp per kill. Depending on your level ofcourse and on your exp boosters.

• Like 1

And at least on PS4 you can do the missions on either online or offline for the same total (so feel free to mix up online and offline if you feel like doing that).

Wait, does that not apply for the Vita version? Because that would suck since I need 20 MP hours anyways and can't use them for the hollow mission trophy.  :S

By the way, is it normal that I can beat lvl ~150 NM's with a lvl 114 Kirito and bad weapons? Because that's basically the level cap on the Vita, isn't it? No wonder people in Aincrad call him a beater. xD

Wait, does that not apply for the Vita version? Because that would suck since I need 20 MP hours anyways and can't use them for the hollow mission trophy.  :S

Nope. On Vita, you need to wait (real time) for missions to respawn.

By the way, is it normal that I can beat lvl ~150 NM's with a lvl 114 Kirito and bad weapons? Because that's basically the level cap on the Vita, isn't it? No wonder people in Aincrad call him a beater. xD

Yea, futsuu for Kirito-kun =D

Though, level cap is 200 (unless the update required for PS4 save sync raised that one) on Vita and 300 on PS4 so... still low leveled =D

Afaik Exeterna should be 250 on both versions. =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Nope. On Vita, you need to wait (real time) for missions to respawn.

I understood what Han said in a way that would mean that MP missions would not contribute to the total of 100(I think that's the number) missions for the trophy but rather to another list of 100 missions.

So you can either complete 100 missions in SP or in MP but not mixed. That was my main concern since that would mean that the only thing I can do in the 20 hours of MP is kill the HNM's and maybe level a little while doing implements.

Though, level cap is 200 (unless the update required for PS4 save sync raised that one) on Vita and 300 on PS4 so... still low leveled =D

Afaik Exeterna should be 250 on both versions. =D

Ah, so they were nice with the level 150 trophy instead of having you grind to the max lvl. 

I understood what Han said in a way that would mean that MP missions would not contribute to the total of 100(I think that's the number) missions for the trophy but rather to another list of 100 missions.

So you can either complete 100 missions in SP or in MP but not mixed. That was my main concern since that would mean that the only thing I can do in the 20 hours of MP is kill the HNM's and maybe level a little while doing implements.

I meant the opposite.. I was saying that both MP and SP missions count to the same 120+ missions complete, so you can mix both (on the PS4, not sure on the Vita, and on the Vita you only need about 80 not 120+)..

Also doing implements or lvl up takes so long that if you decide to do it online, the 20 hours will pass rather quickly.. don't worry to much about the 20 hours trophy.

Ah, so they were nice with the level 150 trophy instead of having you grind to the max lvl. 

I meant the opposite.. I was saying that both MP and SP missions count to the same 120+ missions complete, so you can mix both (on the PS4, not sure on the Vita, and on the Vita you only need about 80 not 120+)..

Also doing implements or lvl up takes so long that if you decide to do it online, the 20 hours will pass rather quickly.. don't worry to much about the 20 hours trophy.

Yea, missions on Vita need to be completed on SP as MP is pretty much separate =D

You do keep your exps, though.

The more I read about the Vita version, the more happy I get to have bought it on PS4...

I would have bought the PS4 version as well if I could afford a PS4 :P At least there are tons of games on the PS3 and Vita that I didn't play yet so whatever.

But then again, I love my Vita and SAO plays well on it.

Yea, missions on Vita need to be completed on SP as MP is pretty much separate =D

Do the implements on the Vita carry over to SP if you do them in MP?  And more importantly, do they count towards the trophy?

That would be useful since that's gonna take more missions than the trophy for missions takes.

Anyways, it's great that I asked because otherwise I would probably be wondering why I can't get the hollow missions trophy while trying to get my remaining missions in MP.  :D

Edited by xFalionx

I would have bought the PS4 version as well if I could afford a PS4 :P At least there are tons of games on the PS3 and Vita that I didn't play yet so whatever.

But then again, I love my Vita and SAO plays well on it.

I understand you and personally most of my backlog is still on PS3 (this is why I got another PS3 after mine got YLOD last year), the PS4 is only now starting to become somewhat important for me, also there's only like 3-4 games on it that I want and didn't got yet because I can't spend money on gaming now (and I really want Persona 5 and FFXV on release.. so I'm trying to save for those 2). Still making the full move from PS3 to PS4 will take probably 1 more year for me, if not even more, seeing what I really want to play on PS3..

For some reason now I'm not so much inclined to play on the Vita, but then the only game I have for it that I didn't started yet and want to play is Dragon's Crown.. other then that are games that I just didn't finished and haven't felt like playing them for a while..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

The more I read about the Vita version, the more happy I get to have bought it on PS4...

Engrish > try hard English

No bugs > crashes

Vita-tan > PS4

Nah, Vita version is still superior :awesome:

Do the implements on the Vita carry over to SP if you do them in MP?  And more importantly, do they count towards the trophy?

That would be useful since that's gonna take more missions than the trophy for missions takes.

Well, all implements you activate count towards the trophy but... I'm not sure if you can do them in MP...

Anyways, it's great that I asked because otherwise I would probably be wondering why I can't get the hollow missions trophy while trying to get my remaining missions in MP.  :D

I'm pretty sure you would realize it because the time counter is stopped when you are in MP =D

For some reason now I'm not so much inclined to play on the Vita

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So, I just finished the Hollow Area main quest line, I think I'm gonna do that grand quest thingie now. :D

On a different topic, does anyone know some good battleskills to unlock? I'm playing with dual wielding btw, if that makes a difference.

I'm currently using Speed Master and First Step against any thing that might be difficult and Muted Edge and PFT Style for monster's that are way over my level.

Also, is there any place I can get some good gear besides weapons? I've got decent weapons but everything else is just the stuff I bought in Aincrad on floor 76 since I mostly get either weapons or useless items out of chests.

Edit note: removed a bit of unnecessary rage about certain checkpoints in the game.  :P

Edited by xFalionx

Well, I just ragequit after [Hollow Arc spoiler incoming]

easily beating that final dragon hollow boss thingie and then getting one-hit by one of hollow-Kirito's attacks

because i got nervous and then I realized that I actually need to do that first easy but time-consuming thing again for every time I fail because there's no checkpoint between them. I hate it when games make you do long, tedious things and then put something annoying at the end so you get to do it all over again.

I think I'm gonna try that again tomorrow and start that grand quest thingie for a change. That's been around since the start of the game.

On a different topic, does anyone know some good battleskills to unlock? I'm playing with dual wielding btw, if that's making a difference.

I'm currently using Speed Master and First Step against any thing that might be difficult and Muted Edge and PFT Style for monster's that are way over my level.

Also, is there any place I can get some good gear besides weapons? I've got decent weapons but everything else is just the stuff I bought in Aincrad on floor 76 since I mostly get either weapons or useless items out of chests.

Gear = advanced monsters for the end game. Though I'm surprised you haven't found anything worthwhile in the chests... Have you been opening them all?

Skills.... All of them lol jk

If you have the two invincibility skills, you can defeat anything pretty well. It's not difficult to up the skill lvls of the weapons. Auto attack with as many skills that increase your attack speed. You'll see it rise very quickly that way.

If you don't have those skills for increased attack speed/attack delay, get them first, it's worth it

Edited by Dav9834

Gear = advanced monsters for the end game. Though I'm surprised you haven't found anything worthwhile in the chests... Have you been opening them all?

Actually, I've opened tons of chests but mainly the ones with really powerful enemies blocking the way. Those only had weapons and the stuff I got from the chests was mostly just crystals and potions. The only gear I got was either exactly the stuff I could have already bought on Floor 76 or something with wrong stats. It's not really an upgrade if I end up with less damage and strength, if my thinking is right there.

Actually, I've opened tons of chests but mainly the ones with really powerful enemies blocking the way. Those only had weapons and the stuff I got from the chests was mostly just crystals and potions. The only gear I got was either exactly the stuff I could have already bought on Floor 76 or something with wrong stats. It's not really an upgrade if I end up with less damage and strength, if my thinking is right there.

Hmm interesting...

Well it's mostly moot if you're invincible :) . Work on getting those 2 skills for sure

Also, is there any place I can get some good gear besides weapons? I've got decent weapons but everything else is just the stuff I bought in Aincrad on floor 76 since I mostly get either weapons or useless items out of chests.

1) Go to MP and kill some HNMs - quick but may be a bit hard if you are on low level

2) Go to MP anyway - a bit of a cheating, most players will give you free stuff randomly =D

3) Try killing stronger NMs that guard chests

Update on my way to platinum:

- Completed all floors.

- Have all the missable CG's (still have to beat end boss 6 more times, waiting till I'm a higher level so it will go faster)

- Have completed about 115 Hollow Missions (waiting to beat more until I'm a higher level since I only have hard ones left)

- Went from level 147 -> level 160 yesterday in about 2 hours

While I'm grinding for level 200, I'm also working on implements (Graceleaf Beach, do the hollow mission with the crabs but ignore them and you can work on most implements while leveling. Implements with Mission Rank 2 won't work however).

Trust me, it won't xD

It's still long and annoying as on lower levels =D

Even if it goes one minute faster it'll be worth it  :lol:

And how do you beat the dragon to get Exeterna sword? He kills me in two blows  :blink:

Edited by ZeroGeass1

Max Guard 1 + Accuracy and Attack Up Buffs-> OSS -> Max Guard 2 -> OSS -> run away -> wait for cooldown -> repeat

Lol I did a LOT of running around waiting for my invincibility skills to cool down too lol

Finally kinda got around to uploading my favorite lvling spot. The description says enough, got a little recording shy, but it should help!

It's a great spot to lvl 160-170ish and 190-200.

Hope it helps!

http://youtu.be/26uTcNudaCA