Let's finish: SAO: Hollow Fragment.

Finely finished it!! :)

Took much longer to get to lvl200 then I was expecting..

SWORD%20ART%20ONLINE%20Re_%20Hollow%20Fr

Congratulation on finishing SAO: Re: Hollow Fragment :yay: You are the fourth person to finish Re: Hollow Fragment in this event and you have been added to the hall of fame.

So what are you thoughts on the game? Is it a good adaptation of the SAO "experience"?

• Like 1

Congratulation on finishing SAO: Re: Hollow Fragment :yay: You are the fourth person to finish Re: Hollow Fragment in this event and you have been added to the hall of fame.

So what are you thoughts on the game? Is it a good adaptation of the SAO "experience"?

Thanks.

This game showed me again that MMO (or in this case single player MMO inspired) aren't for me.. this way I will probably not buy other SAO game.. but this is me not that the game was that bad.. That was why I joined this, since I needed something to push me to finish the game (and in this case there was no risk of server closure, since that was what pushed me to plat WKC..)

As for the SAO adaptation, I think it was able to keep/implement the philosophy of the anime well enough, and it's more or less what someone would expect from a game based on it. Even the story style and all it's enough to keep someone entertained in the game, until they finish it.. then the over the top grind kind of kills it a bit for me, since almost everything gameplay wise feels like a grind from start to finish..

I probably am one of the least people who should complain about grind or at least many may think that I love to grind :lol:, because of my game background (completionist with a main focus on RPGs) and how much I like Disgaea, but it's different and SAO started to feel like I was just grinding way to soon..

Edit: Also, now that I got the platinum, I kind of regret it, since I like the trophy image, and maybe I could use it for my 8000th trophy milestone (still not sure what it will be..).

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

>no Silica

bad Platinum image :awesome:

Congrats =D At least you got the Debug Complete normally =D

Thanks, ya, Debug Complete and everything else went smoothly, I started to panic when I started to see that I almost only had rank 3 missions to clear, and that the few rank 1/2 weren't appearing in offline (since I did most there), but then I decided to clear the rank 1/2 missions that I was missing in online and got the trophy after doing 3-4 of those.. It was mainly boring grind for me, the only problems I run into where 2-3 PS4 crashes when facing the final boss and Strea Advanced Quest boss..

For those who did it before it probably was a nightmare doing missions after missions and never getting the trophy!

As for Silica, she isn't my type.. and it's actually the character that I like the least.. (and I really don't like her 4th outfit.. same with Strea and Sinon 4th outfits.. but I really like Sinon.. and ya, all 4 are in their 4th costumes for bragging on the pointless extra work :lol:.. but you probably noticed that too). And I pushed the stats screen because I wanted the total gametime on the platinum stamp for future reference..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Currently playing for 90 hours, this is what I got so far:

- Cleared Hollow World

- Got everyone's affection trophy & CG (extremely boring...)

- At floor 85, just in front of the boss

I'll probably clear the game in about 2 - 3 days, then the grind can begin :) I already cleared about half of the necessary amount of hollow missions, and already have about 30 implements done.

@Han_the_Dragon: I've read there's an easy way to level up. It should take about 3 - 4 hours to go from Lvl 150 -> Lvl 200. Haven't tried it yet though

And just a side note, but I really like the movies & CGs, they are well made and good to look at (graphics aren't so good otherwise but that's no problem for me)

If anyone is also trying to plat this game, feel free to add me

Edited by ZeroGeass1

@Han_the_Dragon: I've read there's an easy way to level up. It should take about 3 - 4 hours to go from Lvl 150 -> Lvl 200. Haven't tried it yet though

I'm not sure what method that is, but seams unlikely that it's that fast, since even the Nursing Trees where taking me about 10-15 minutes per level between 160-180 (and that's the fastest respawn enemies we can get..), then it slowed down a lot, that's when I went back to the beach where I got to lvl 200..

But then there are a few things that I could have done to make it faster, since I didn't farmed EXP potions (only had 3 and when I used them I noticed that it went much faster, but only used them when I was lvl196 or something :lol:), I essentially only used the EXP Up Charm, the passive 10% EXP skill and the battle skill that boost EXP. I also had troubles getting that 35-50% bonus for fast kills for some reason, if you can get this consistently, then it can be gotten much faster.

I also didn't used the Bees, because I would either be to slow or end up killed when fighting several blue Bees that where about lvl 220.

Note: On multiplayer the Nursing Trees at NG+1 on Hard are lvl 195-207, so they are viable until lvl180, on Deathgame they are lvl240 (on NG+0) and that made them interrupt me a lot, as well as miss a lot of hits, that's why I got to that Beach.. I also used the Beach to get from lvl130 to 160 because that was the best place I knew at the time, but it requires a lot of walking around from a group of enemies to the next..

Still, hope that you can use one of the fastest methods, since for some odd reason I wasn't able to adjust to used said methods (same with the HNM where I never managed to kill the Kobold Lord, yet had no troubles killing a supposedly harder HNM back to back without even waiting for skills cooldown or having to rely on the invincible moves or long OSS chains..).

The worst for me was the Implements grind.. it just takes forever..

Good luck! 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what method that is, but seams unlikely that it's that fast, since even the Nursing Trees where taking me about 10-15 minutes per level between 160-180 (and that's the fastest respawn enemies we can get..), then it slowed down a lot, that's when I went back to the beach where I got to lvl 200..

But then there are a few things that I could have done to make it faster, since I didn't farmed EXP potions (only had 3 and when I used them I noticed that it went much faster, but only used them when I was lvl196 or something :lol:), I essentially only used the EXP Up Charm, the passive 10% EXP skill and the battle skill that boost EXP. I also had troubles getting that 35-50% bonus for fast kills for some reason, if you can get this consistently, then it can be gotten much faster.

I also didn't used the Bees, because I would either be to slow or end up killed when fighting several blue Bees that where about lvl 220.

Note: On multiplayer the Nursing Trees at NG+1 on Hard are lvl 195-207, so they are viable until lvl180, on Deathgame they are lvl240 (on NG+0) and that made them interrupt me a lot, as well as miss a lot of hits, that's why I got to that Beach.. I also used the Beach to get from lvl130 to 160 because that was the best place I knew at the time, but it requires a lot of walking around from a group of enemies to the next..

Still, hope that you can use one of the fastest methods, since for some odd reason I wasn't able to adjust to used said methods (same with the HNM where I never managed to kill the Kobold Lord, yet had no troubles killing a supposedly harder HNM back to back without even waiting for skills cooldown or having to rely on the invincible moves or long OSS chains..).

The worst for me was the Implements grind.. it just takes forever..

Good luck!

The implement grind is definitely the hardest part indeed imo.

Seems like everyone lvled differently than I did. I have to keep reminding myself to post my lvl grinding spots and technique. It might have helped you :/ sorry!

It's still a 200+ hour platinum though.

• Like 1

The implement grind is definitely the hardest part indeed imo.

Seems like everyone lvled differently than I did. I have to keep reminding myself to post my lvl grinding spots and technique. It might have helped you :/ sorry!

It could have helped, but the Nursing Trees work decently until lvl180, after that I ended up going a bit aimlessly to find a new grinding spot and after lvl190 it just became so slow that I was getting bored to death with it.. but it's done, so it doesn't matter anymore..

Still, yes, you would do well to post your grinding method, since it can still help others too!

Why do people hate implements? =D They were the biggest fun :awesome:

Nah, not at all :awesome:

I essentially only used the EXP Up Charm, the passive 10% EXP skill and the battle skill that boost EXP. I also had troubles getting that 35-50% bonus for fast kills for some reason, if you can get this consistently, then it can be gotten much faster.

That's pretty much everything you need.

EXP Potions are limited and farming EXP+ weapons is way too much of a pain =D

I still think Death Game Bees were the best with low combo OSS.

And those Blue guys were guaranteed 10k, who wouldn't want that? =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I guess I'm (as always) late to the party, since I only really check PSNP every few months when I'm not actively gaming on my consoles but you can add me to the list of participants. 

I was waiting for an excuse to finish that game anyways. I'm gonna be playing the vita version by the way.

Also, I still need to finish building the Hopes Peak Academy in minecraft before I start something new, so I'm gonna start 1 or 2 weeks from now. :)  

Edit: You know what? I think Hopes Peak can wait, I'm just gonna start playing now...

Edited by xFalionx

Finally started working on SAO again. Played for about 6 hours today and done quite some Hollow missions plus Implements.

Done 89 hollow mission but still no trophy :(

and done about 40 implements.

Vita or ps4?

Ps4

Then look forward for 120+ Hollow Missions... I think it's under 130, but I may have miscounted a bit, since I counted 128 or something..

Also, since it's total of online + single player, feel free to do any that you are missing on online (no need to wait for the missions that you want to appear) and also do the Grand Quest (Abandoned Area story mode) in single player, for a great Sword art + several hollow missions..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

It's more missions than that. Forgot how many. Don't worry it didn't glitch :)

Then look forward for 120+ Hollow Missions... I think it's under 130, but I may have miscounted a bit, since I counted 128 or something..

Also, since it's total of online + single player, feel free to do any that you are missing on online (no need to wait for the missions that you want to appear) and also do the Grand Quest (Abandoned Area story mode) in single player, for a great Sword art + several hollow missions..

Alright thanks.

Yhea, thats where i started. Mainly for the ultimate skills you can unlock for each weapon. Which i did for the 1H sword and Katana.

EDIT: Do you guys know if those Quest Hollow Missions count towards this trophy or only the normal Hollow Missions?

Edited by HcG Clawz

Alright thanks.

Yhea, thats where i started. Mainly for the ultimate skills you can unlock for each weapon. Which i did for the 1H sword and Katana.

EDIT: Do you guys know if those Quest Hollow Missions count towards this trophy or only the normal Hollow Missions?

Any and all Hollow Mission count (this includes Hollow area bosses, Abandoned Area Hollow Missions, Abandoned area red Hollow Missions and Abandoned Area bosses, everything in the Abandoned Area is part of the Grand Quest, so all those will also count for the trophy).

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 2