trophy thoughts?

bryman098

In what world was that ever a concern? None of the game in the series (including Bloodborne) have any trophies anything like that.

The Souls games have a very set pattern to their trophy lists, and this list is almost exactly what everyone should have been expecting.

In this world? I fully realize that no game in the series has a trophy like that, but I don't see any guarantees that that's going to stay like that. For all you knew they would've changed things up a bit and added some truly challenging/dreadful trophies. Especially after the internet introduced some staple challenges for the series as a whole.

My concern was that maybe they were going to deviate from the norm with this entry, which they didn't. I was merely pointing out that we're lucky in that sense.

My concern was that maybe they were going to deviate from the norm with this entry, which they didn't. I was merely pointing out that we're lucky in that sense.

The layout itself might be the same as the last entries, but don't get excited until we know what all the ring and gesture unlock requirements are. If they have similar requirements to some of the rings in DS2 (no death and no bonfire for two rings) then getting that trophy might be extremely difficult, and like was mentioned on the last page some of the gestures in 1 and 2 were difficult to get as well. . 

Nothing new here, though it seems the hexes are missing. There are a lots of Lords of Cinder this time, which I guess are the 4 bosses needed to open the path to the final boss. I'm glad there isn't a trophy for maxing out a weapon in all upgrade paths and it seems gamers no longer need to get all unique weapons anymore. That plat image isn't as good as Dark Souls 1 and 2. The first 2 endings look the same as in Dark Souls. The third ending might be for becoming a Lord of Cinder.

Lots of dragons in this game. Also Aldritch and Crystal Sage look a little too similar to certain somebodies in Dark Souls 1 for it to be a coincidence, don't you think?

That's never a bad thing :awesome:. Can't remember Aldritch, but Crystal Sage looks very similar.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Can't remember Aldritch, but Crystal Sage looks very similar.

40Lf6d882.png   7L160475.png

He's pretty clearly a messed up twist on Gywndolin. For one the helm is strikingly similar. They both have really white skin as well as long grey hair. Also the blobby mess that makes up Aldritch's lower body may be a twisted version of the snakes that made up Gwyndolin's lower body, rather hard to tell with just this image for reference. They explicitly didn't show Adlritch's upper body in the trailers which makes me think there may be an actualy connection between the two rather than just the references in his design that From likes to do oh so often. The Blades of Darkmoon also make their return so it's not unlikely that Gwyndolin will at least have some significance in this world.

I like it, although I did tire of collecting miracles when I re-played DS2 on the PS4. I hope they do like in DS2, and require multiple playthroughs to get some of the souls necessary to make miracles (i.e. so you can't cheap the plat with cloud saves, and actually have to play NG+).

Seath has appeared (obviously) in Dark Souls, but I would like to see Guyra make its appearance as well. They were two halves of the same whole back in the King's Field days.

Edited by starcrunch061

40Lf6d882.png   7L160475.png

He's pretty clearly a messed up twist on Gywndolin. For one the helm is strikingly similar. They both have really white skin as well as long grey hair. Also the blobby mess that makes up Aldritch's lower body may be a twisted version of the snakes that made up Gwyndolin's lower body, rather hard to tell with just this image for reference. They explicitly didn't show Adlritch's upper body in the trailers which makes me think there may be an actualy connection between the two rather than just the references in his design that From likes to do oh so often. The Blades of Darkmoon also make their return so it's not unlikely that Gwyndolin will at least have some significance in this world.

Oh now I see it. I was focusing too much on Aldritch's blobby mess.

The return of the Darkmoon covenant could be a connection, but it Aldritch has his own covenant too.

The layout itself might be the same as the last entries, but don't get excited until we know what all the ring and gesture unlock requirements are. If they have similar requirements to some of the rings in DS2 (no death and no bonfire for two rings) then getting that trophy might be extremely difficult, and like was mentioned on the last page some of the gestures in 1 and 2 were difficult to get as well. . 

I forgot about the Exalted/Conqueror rings. That will most definitely be a possibility then for this entry. It would be a brutal step up in difficulty from the previous games, however, but it would at least make the platinum a lot more rare.

You could just spam the upload save feature, of course. That would make this more tedious than difficult.

In what world was that ever a concern? None of the game in the series (including Bloodborne) have any trophies anything like that.

The Souls games have a very set pattern to their trophy lists, and this list is almost exactly what everyone should have been expecting.

There are actually unique items that you can obtain in Dark Souls II for that kind of shit IIRC.

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Illusory+Ring+of+the+Exalted

Edited by MMDE

Interested to find out what rings are in this game, it being the only trophy nobody has gotten yet I expect it will be a super hard ring to acquire and that this my turn out to be the rarest Souls Plat.

As of the time of your post, two people have gotten the trophy for all rings (and the platinum). The site's stats just haven't updated yet.

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm playing the Japanese version and will probably plat that, So if I get the EU or NA version, can anyone confirm if the trophies are separate?

There's only one set of trophies registered on this site and the first platinum achievers have Japanese accounts, which tells me that the trophy lists aren't separate.

There's only one set of trophies registered on this site and the first platinum achievers have Japanese accounts, which tells me that the trophy lists aren't separate.

Thanks Shadow, I'll probably still play both though since I'm enjoying it so much.

• Like 1

Pretty standard list for a Souls game. Raises the question if infusions in this game will work any different from elemental weapons in past titles. Lots of dragons in this game. Also Aldritch and Crystal Sage look a little too similar to certain somebodies in Dark Souls 1 for it to be a coincidence, don't you think?

aldrich ate gwyndolin. its in the item descriptions.

To be honest, I personally was hoping for something a bit different than the generic DS trophies, i.e. rings, covenants, optional bosses, etc. I would've liked to have seen more battle trophies like kill five enemies with one spell or defeat a boss in your underwear.

Edited by Dragn_Dolphin