Crushing is stupid

crush

krʌʃ/

verb

make (someone) feel overwhelmingly disappointed or embarrassed.

"I was crushed—was I not good enough?"

synonyms: mortify, humiliate, abash, chagrin, deflate, demoralize, flatten, squash; More

devastate, shatter;

informalput down, shoot down in flames, take down a peg or two, cut down to size, put someone in their place, make someone eat humble pie, settle someone's hash, knock the stuffing out of;

informalmake someone eat crow

"Alan was crushed by her words"

• Like 1

There is a specific strategy for the blue room. All you need to keep in mind is that there are 4 'waves'

When you first enter you should immediately take cover directly in front of you at the block of whatever it is.

You want to take out the guy in the elevated position that is where the exit is. Then take out the guy approaching you from ground level. Finally take out the second guy in the elevated position.

Somewhere between killing the second and third guy in the first wave the second wave of guys will spawn (another three)

This wave spawns from an elevated position on the left side of the room and falls to ground level. My strategy for these guys was to move towards their position going from cover to cover while flanking them. This is the only hard part of this room.

Between killing the second and third guy in the second wave, the third wave spawns (another three guys) This part is easy because nothing spawns behind you at this point, so you can take your time taking these guys out. This wave spawns from an elevated position and falls to ground level.

After this wave a forth and final wave spawns, two shotgun heavies, from where you came into the room from. These guys are easy peaty if you save a grenade because they always drop down into the same spot, so you can throw a grenade into their path as they fall and take care of them easy.

I can make a map of the room and general idea of the approach of needed but I found this to be the safest and most consistent method of tackling the room without glitches/exploits

If you think Crushing is tough, then take a look at Youtube videos of people playing on Brutal :)

Personally I think the difficulty of Crushing is fair. The only parts I really struggled with were the infamous "Blue Room" in the first game, the Train chapters in the second game, and the ball room on the Cruise Ship in the third game.

As others have said, just take it slowly and go for head shots if possible. Also make every bullet count and don't waste ammo by blind firing.

trust me, I've been there before.

Uncharted drake's fortune is considered to have the toughest crushing mode among U2 and 3. I don't know if they've fixed the broken cover system in the Remastered or not, but what I did is to stand behind walls etc. and aim for the head " Don't Use the circle button to lean agenst walls! " thank god they've fixed everything in U2 and 3.

we'll have to wait and see how brutal Uncharted 4 can be.

Edited by yellowwindow7

• 2 weeks later...

It's a challenge? Don't like it don't play it. I ran mine using clipping to skip huge sections.

You are complaining that the hardest difficulty the game offers is... hard?

The game is simply using brute strenght. You are the one that needs to be smarter (and patient).

Second hardest*

Uncharted 1 had by far the most hardest crushing mode.

How do 2 & 3 match up in comparison.

• 2 weeks later...

I've beaten this game on crushing twice--to plat the original Drake's Fortune, and to plat the Remaster--and OP, you're exactly right. While Crushing is doable, the game's mechanics are absolutely not designed with this difficulty setting in mind--the area design, combat mechanics, and enemy AI simply do not dovetail as well on this setting as they do on other settings.  There are many, many ways to handle difficulty scaling in games, but Uncharted's gameplay/combat/encounters were clearly designed with its "Normal" or "Hard" difficulty setting in mind, and not Crushing.  Whether or not a game is beatable on a difficulty setting shouldn't be the yardstick by which its difficulty scaling is measured--it should be whether the fun and challenge ramp up as one's skills do on the higher difficulties.  I've got plenty of skill with Uncharted, I can beat the games on crushing, but there is very little that is fun about a good handful of the encounters on this setting. I've played through all the Uncharted games multiple times, but I still hate the final church encounter on Crushing--it's just not fun.  Between the people on this thread who are saying Crushing is too frustrating and the people who say it's way easy, it doesn't sound to me like anyone is getting what they want out of Crushing difficulty: a fun, challenging playthrough for people who have honed their skill with the combat mechanics. A game on its hardest difficulty shouldn't be "frustrating" nor "easy" - it fails either way.

• Like 1

All the hard parts from the PS3 game have proven much easier on PS4. I remember struggling when you find the crashed plane, the blue room, the courtyard and the church, but it only took a few repetitions to get right this time around.

Stick with a high-ammo pistol and a shotgun. The only enemies you really need to worry about are rushers and they're easy to take out using blind or hip fire with a shotty.

Everything else is a matter of learning spawn patterns, taking it slow, funnelling into chokepoints, aiming for headshots and hiding in cover if the screen is grey.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Crushing in this game isn't hard if you take your time and use corner shooting, just relax and stand behind a wall, wait for them to show up, never show up for them. On Crushing (and Brutal) a single peek could lead to a death and you'd have to kill everyone in that room again, even if you know there's only one guy left just wait for him to get out of cover, they are programmed to do that every time.  :)

I am sorry if I sound naive and idiotic but what is corner shooting?  How do you do it?  This is my first time playing this game so I'd like to understand corner shooting if I am to survive my crushing mode run! :)

Take care!

I am sorry if I sound naive and idiotic but what is corner shooting?  How do you do it?  This is my first time playing this game so I'd like to understand corner shooting if I am to survive my crushing mode run! :)

Take care!

Essentially you hide behind cover without pressing circle (so you aren't physically "in cover") so you can then aim and shoot without becoming exposed to the enemy. As long as the sight is on an enemy it will hit even if Drake is around a corner.

• 3 weeks later...

I Platinum'ed Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on PS3 and I remember it being slightly easier on Crushing than on PS4 version.

The enemies seem way too aggressive compared to PS3 version -- in PS3 version, they were very lethal with shots but didn't continually try to move up on Drake. In PS4 version, the enemy AI is constantly moving forward to the point of ridiculousness. I've seen silly things like Drake being shot while in cover and no enemies even firing at him or near him, an enemy spin around before going into cover.