Crushing is stupid

I understand that it is the second hardest difficulty but cmon I die in two hits and the hall naked enemies seem to have Kevlar under the skin. As well as this I have been killed for some stupid reasons. The main one is that an enemy with a shotgun drops down behind me making no sound and one shots me. That is just wrong I got really far and had to restart because of stupid things like that. Higher difficulties shouldn't be no health and enemies have more it should be smarter enemies so that has just annoyed me that I had to restart the checkpoint ( quite a lot actually) because the game is just stupid at crushing. Anyone else had an annoying occurrence such as this?

• Like 1

Always stay behind cover near the edge of the map so that you have a smaller angle to cover, and only go for headshots otherwise they will soak up bullets.

If you got a full auto, aim at the neck and the second or third bullet will hit the head if the first doesnt.

You will still die, but not as much.

• Like 1

You are complaining that the hardest difficulty the game offers is... hard?

The game is simply using brute strenght. You are the one that needs to be smarter (and patient).

I understand it's the games hardest difficulty and I'm fine with that I've beaten harder before but when a games harder difficulty is just less health enemies have more health and that is all that's challenging I find that stupid. As for being patient, I am I take my time but like with that shotgun dude, that is just it fair, I check my back one second no one there, turn around to shoot someone and a ninja drops from the sky and shotguns me in the back. I have heard that this room in particular is very difficult so it might just be that.

Gird your loins for Brutal.  

I just went through this again myself, single shot weapons are your best friend - avoid the micro uzis and stick to the pistol - a headshot is a headshot.

Make use of the grenades if only to get foes into firing lines, and never be tempted to finish an enemy if you've got even a tinge of grey on the screen, you can take a hit guaranteed if you're full colour.

Line up your shots whilst in cover, and in a lot of circumstances don't use the cover granted by circle but rather stay stood and aiming and edge round a corner - manu times you'll be able to easily line up a melon shot without endangering yourself at all.

Crushing in this game isn't hard if you take your time and use corner shooting, just relax and stand behind a wall, wait for them to show up, never show up for them. On Crushing (and Brutal) a single peek could lead to a death and you'd have to kill everyone in that room again, even if you know there's only one guy left just wait for him to get out of cover, they are programmed to do that every time.  :)

get to know the weapons well, too. there are certain weapons that can really help you breeze through trouble spots. my personal favorite is the Wes-44. it doesn't carry too much ammo, but patience will be quickly rewarded because it's a one shot kill regardless of where you hit the enemy, aside from the fully armored ones. there's one you can get in the area before the infamous blue room that really does help. i pick up the Wes-44 every time regardless of how much ammo it has, because it guarantees a kill every time, and that one kill can make all the difference. just make sure your other gun is one that has plenty of ammo, so you can clear enough enemies to safely pick up another pistol. i also have the same approach with the Dragon Sniper as well, since it's a one shot kill weapon too. 

stay patient, understand your weapons, learn enemy spawn locations, and study the terrain to find the best place to cover or even cheese walls. you'll get the game to bend to your will soon!

• Like 1

Look, I'm not very good at games.  I'm okay if I focus, but I'm too impatient and get frustrated too easily most of the time.  I try, I die, I try again, I get angry, I rush, I die again, then again, and again.

And even I've beaten all of the Uncharted games on Crushing.  All three, several times, on a few different accounts, including this account (though I'm working on Uncharted 3 now).

It's not that hard, just don't let it get to you.  Go for headshots.  Lots of them.  As much as you can.  Never stay behind one cover spot for too long or they'll probably overwhelm you, but avoid moving to different cover when you're under fire or in a compromising situation.  Take out the guys that seem to be in the way of your next ideal cover spot first, or anyone getting dangerously close to you... then focus on the rest.

Just think of it this way... every little bit you finish, is another bit you never have to do again on Crushing once you have the trophy. ;)

Crushing is a joke. Empty a clip into a guy's neck and nothing. Turns around and bang bang, dead. Fancy graphics aside this series is pretty average.

It's all a matter of opinion, but IMO Uncharted is one of the few third person action adventure titles out there worth playing.  Crushing aside (though I don't consider it a problem with the game)... the pacing is superb, the writing is top notch for what it is, the puzzles are usually pretty clever, the graphics are indeed fancy and the gunplay certainly gets the job done.  If you can't appreciate it for being original, then you gotta appreciate that the unoriginal things it does are done really, really well... with a thick coat of polish.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 4

The only bits that are tough I think are ones where it puts you in a position where there is no place to go which you can take cover and is fully 'safe,' also bits where they start spawning in awkward places and finally when you are low on ammo. Majority of the game is a breeze on crushing though. 

Compared to brutal difficulty, crushing is a breeze. The one bit of advice I will give you, that I found really helped, is hold the aim button and place a small piece of blue tak over the reticle on your t.v screen. Now you can aim where your bullets will go before actually aiming your gun. Makes shooting from cover so much quicker. Don't give up and good luck.

• Like 1

Played all the Uncharted games on Crushing only and didn't think it was unfair. I reduced difficulty only for some of the trophy clean-ups and speedruns.

Brutal on the other hand... made me stick to the platinum and refrain from getting the 100%. Too frustrating for me even though it's the only trophy missing e.g. in my Uncharted 3 list.