Is this a Aprils Fools joke?

Hazalos-

The guy who made this might read this thread at some point, and you guys are all calling his game a joke.

There is actually a good chance that they do. Just like I think there is a good chance that the dev of this game read what I said:

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/24627-game-crashed-and-save-corrupted-but-dont-worry/unread/

I posted that some few days after the game was out. I was the 5th to 100% it and I had to replay almost the entire game due to a glitch.

I'm pretty damn sure Pillar is a lot better than Survivor. It looks like a game I could make in flash without too much effort. In fact, I've made similar before....

The guy who made this might read this thread at some point, and you guys are all calling his game a joke. Good on him for being able to get his game published.

It honestly looks like it could be a fun little flash game you'd usually see on sites like NewGrounds. Trophies don't look too time consuming either.

The price tag is a little much for a game you'd expect to experience for free on a web browser.

If people have an opinion on the game, positive or negative, then they are free to express that regardless of whether or not the creator can see it. Some devs may feel insulted by negative feedback, but it would be more beneficial for them to take the criticism and bare it in mind, and maybe consider hiring an artist or looking into some photoshop tutorials
  • Like 3

Yeah I have to agree, I'm doing a video game software engineering course at university and even the assignments we make have more effort in to the art. There is a game on steam called Another Zombie Defense or something like that, they looks the same and I enjoyed that game, however that was 3D top down, graphics aren't everything but when they look like this they can break a game completely.

I've genuinely made better games than this in Game Maker years ago. Admittedly, all my games were mostly clones of other games made for the shit of it, 1942, Duke 3D, Pinball, Mario, etc., but it's not like this isn't a clone of a million other clones that suck ass.

Of course, as an April Fool's joke, it's fantastic. Except that the team behind it has 2 shitty Vita games to their name and nothing else, so as far as I'm concerned, and obviously my opinion is law, they are nowhere near gud enough to pull this shit. 

Real talk though: If you're looking for some cheap top down clone of a more successful game/series, check out Car Jack Streets. It's basically GTA 3 if GTA 3 didn't go 3D, I think it actually had a few of the original GTA developers on the team too. Anywhore, I haven't played it in years but it was a Mini I thoroughly enjoyed completing on my PSP in the day.

• Like 2

I wonder if they would accept this image for one of the trophies, I made this in 4 minutes that is why the AK-47 looks more like a dildo.

:gold:Spinny Shooty

360%20no%20scope%20paint_zpslzglonsp.jpg

"Kill an enemy while spinning 360 degrees"

In all honesty, I actually have seen the gameplay of the game so I can't say it sucks but the trophy images does give it a bad impression of the game. I hope the dev proves us wrong and it turns out to be a good game.

So this is one of those games that for some reason the devs just don't post any sort of media or press about their own game anywhere at all, I had this same problem with that Warhedz game a week or two ago until the game was published with screenshots on the PlayStation Store.

This game, however, doesn't even have screenshots on the store ... or anywhere!  :facepalm:  I'm usually pretty good at finding images for even the most obscure games or games in other languages. So I mean, if any of you want to take screenshots of the game by pressing the Start + Home Button on your Vita, something that looks really good (as best as possible) for fitting the header image and one that would fit a trophy card well and putting them on imgur (or somewhere that doesn't compress the crap out of images) and linking them to me here on this tread, that would be great. I'll pick whatever looks best.  :P

Edited by BlindMango

its so bad but it has a kinda cuteness to it like they tried and i respect that least the game works 100%

Yeah yeah, but how was my description of the game, after just seeing the trophy list?

What kinda game do I think it is? Well, the kind where you control almost like a dot on the screen that can move around and shoot at stuff, while you everyone just runs at you in waves of enemies. So lazy and easy to make.

I should also note that I think there's weapon upgrades of some sort and power ups.

If this is the case, then I can tell you already that I could have made this game in a couple of days, no problem. Yes, it would work 100%.
Edited by MMDE

So this is one of those games that for some reason the devs just don't post any sort of media or press about their own game anywhere at all, I had this same problem with that Warhedz game a week or two ago until the game was published with screenshots on the PlayStation Store.

This game, however, doesn't even have screenshots on the store ... or anywhere!  :facepalm:  I'm usually pretty good at finding images for even the most obscure games or games in other languages. So I mean, if any of you want to take screenshots of the game by pressing the Start + Home Button on your Vita, something that looks really good (as best as possible) for fitting the header image and one that would fit a trophy card well and putting them on imgur (or somewhere that doesn't compress the crap out of images) and linking them to me here on this tread, that would be great. I'll pick whatever looks best.  :P

I found this article about the game. I wouldn't get your hopes up about getting a decent header image :P.