Sony reportedly ending sale of PS Vita in Netherlands!

FlareXV

Since the thread has devolved into pure speculation with no factual evidence of anything:

I think Sony will use the Playstation VR to eradicate the memory of every wearer of the Vita ever existing. The VR advertising on TV will contain subliminal messages for people to send their Vitas and games back to Sony so there is no physical evidence and delete and photos they have taken with the Vita. The Playstation store will start showing ads that also contain hidden messages instructing users to do the same. Load screens on Vitas are also ready to start influencing Vita owners. All this will happen on Christmas morning. They will use Santa Claus/Whatever he's called across the world to sneak into people's houses and steal their Vitas and games and erase the trophy history and download history from their other consoles. They have also contacted Sun Corp to eradicate all history of the Vita existing from the internet. Come Christmas morning 2016, no one will have ever known the Vita existed. Any photographs people have anywhere else will be derided as photo-shopped PSPs. 

Or maybe one website decided the profit margins and demand wasn't high enough for them to carry one item and they stopped. 

• Like 1

Well, it's dead in the US anyway so it hardly matters. 

EU is the only savior of Vita in the west.

US gets physical copies for JRPGs while EU mostly gets them digitally only which sucks. Although it's been changing lately which is good. We got Senran Kagura, Corpse Party and more games that have had physical releases in EU, so it's somewhat improving.

They'd better give us a price drop before they kill it off completely, there's a few Vita games I'd like to play but I'm not spending £170+ on one when it's all but dead.

I wish they would lower the price of the memory card or at least put them on sale. Having to pray that nothing happens when I'm moving stuff from my pc to my vita is annoying.

US gets physical copies for JRPGs while EU mostly gets them digitally only which sucks. Although it's been changing lately which is good. We got Senran Kagura, Corpse Party and more games that have had physical releases in EU, so it's somewhat improving.

Because it's the mindset of localization business.

West == US

EU == unwanted weird divided part :/

Since the thread has devolved into pure speculation with no factual evidence of anything:

I think Sony will use the Playstation VR to eradicate the memory of every wearer of the Vita ever existing. The VR advertising on TV will contain subliminal messages for people to send their Vitas and games back to Sony so there is no physical evidence and delete and photos they have taken with the Vita. The Playstation store will start showing ads that also contain hidden messages instructing users to do the same. Load screens on Vitas are also ready to start influencing Vita owners. All this will happen on Christmas morning. They will use Santa Claus/Whatever he's called across the world to sneak into people's houses and steal their Vitas and games and erase the trophy history and download history from their other consoles. They have also contacted Sun Corp to eradicate all history of the Vita existing from the internet. Come Christmas morning 2016, no one will have ever known the Vita existed. Any photographs people have anywhere else will be derided as photo-shopped PSPs. 

Or maybe one website decided the profit margins and demand wasn't high enough for them to carry one item and they stopped. 

I wouldn't mind these messages if they made me go to Japan :awesome:

Dont think so cause in EU only a few countries is relevant to Vita now, the others have the worst economy example (far much worse than US) for Vita to even fit there sadly

i still believe Vita was more alive in the US than it ever was in EU.

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

I agree totally.

Sometimes peoples perception of how good or bad something is doing based on where they live is not general to the whole picture for that entire region.

In the UK it is very difficult to find pre-owned games for the Vita in game stores, it is almost as though the Vita never even happened here, but clearly it did, kind of ;)

Edited by JapanimeGamer

Vita's, its games, accessories etc have been out of stock in retail stores (including Sony outlets) for months in my country (India) since they aren't very popular here. But online retailers still sell them, they keep a very limited stock though afaik. It isnt the end for Vita yet, it will be on the market for another 3 years atleast imo.

Edit : Made some more research and found out Sony's last PS3 and Vita shipment to India was more than and year ago and they don't plan on bringing in any more. I guess they're going ahead with more support for PS4.

Also, just noticed PS3 and Vita arent under the tabs on the homepage of the PS Website. Does that mean they are legacy platforms now?

Edited by IntenseFATE98

I bought my Vita in the Netherlands in January. It was already hard to find then, as there was only one online store ( Nedgame) that had the Lego Action bundle. I'm glad I bought it then. Even the biggest gamestores like Nedgame and GameMania don't sell them anymore. I just ordered Persona 4 Gold en Ys: Memories of Celcete before they are gone too.

Nedgame and Yourgamezone still have a decent collection of games, I hope it stays that way.

• 2 weeks later...

hahahahhahah....hhahhahha..haha :lol:

The PSVita still sells more in the US than in the EU since the United States is the biggest market of the three great regions while Europe has been the weakest since the days of Atari. Also all 50 states of the US still sell the PSVita compare with the EU which now has three nations that don't sell it as of now.

Edited by TheVader66

hahahahhahah....hhahhahha..haha :lol:

The PSVita still sells more in the US than in the EU since the United States is the biggest market of the three great regions while Europe has been the weakest since the days of Atari. Also all 50 states of the US still sell the PSVita compare with the EU which now has three nations that don't sell it as of now.

Stop lying to yourself. EU is Sony's main market. US is nowhere near that. While I can agree that Vita might not be doing well in EU, PS4 on the other hand is dominating. 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/30/sony-ps4-market-share-frequently-over-90-in-continental-europe

So nice try.

Stop lying to yourself. EU is Sony's main market. US is nowhere near that. While I can agree that Vita might not be doing well in EU, PS4 on the other hand is dominating. 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/30/sony-ps4-market-share-frequently-over-90-in-continental-europe

So nice try.

Are you seriously trying to use that against me, so what if Sony has 90% shares even at 90% shares in Europe. Europe only sold 15 million compare with United States 14 million. If this how much Europe sells at near 100% playstation control compare with Sony 50% shares in US, then it shows that Europe is still weakest of three great regions. It has been this way since Atari, it is common fact. So the only one lying to themselves is you.

Platform Totals - VGChartz

Are you seriously trying to use that against me, so what if Sony has 90% shares even at 90% shares in Europe. Europe only sold 15 million compare with United States 14 million. If this how much Europe sells at near 100% playstation control compare with Sony 50% shares in US, then it shows that Europe is still weakest of three great regions. It has been this way since Atari, it is common fact. So the only one lying to themselves is you.

Platform Totals - VGChartz

Your argument failed when you linked VGChartz.

Edited by Nazar_Ops

Then show me the current sales number of both regions, Instead of shares which just shows the dominance of the platforms in the regions.

How about you show me the real sale numbers yourself since you never provided a link to backup your claim.

Edited by Nazar_Ops

How about you show me the real sale numbers yourself since you never provided a link to backup your claim.

You never posted the sales numbers as well. All you showed was the shares which just shows dominance of the platforms in the specific region. We do know that Playstation murders Xbox everywhere outside of America but you never showed Europe sales against American sales either.

So it is hypocritical that you critized me for showing VGChartz since I at least tried to show sales number meanwhile all you showed is that Playstation is dominating Europe but not the sales number of Europe compare with America.

Edited by TheVader66

Why did you just prove my initial post? :awesome:

20 PlayStation Vita (PSV) 2.49 4.44 4.81 1.97 13.71

(Red = NA, Green = EU)

Even NA PLUS the rest of the world (what is that? =D) only beats EU sales by a measly 20k. 

And I love how my opinion on PS4 being crappy is also proven :awesome:

13 PlayStation 4 (PS4) 14.82 15.83 2.61 6.55 39.81

(Japan sales)

Why did you just prove my initial post? :awesome:

20 PlayStation Vita (PSV) 2.49 4.44 4.81 1.97 13.71

(Red = NA, Green = EU)

Even NA PLUS the rest of the world (what is that? =D) only beats EU sales by a measly 20k. 

And I love how my opinion on PS4 being crappy is also proven :awesome:

13 PlayStation 4 (PS4) 14.82 15.83 2.61 6.55 39.81

(Japan sales)

We both knew that Playstation 4 does bad in Japan, it is mobile centric market but where was the information of the Europe PSVita sales against North American sales from.

From the link you provided ;) Click on it again, scroll to line 20 where Vita is and you will the numbers I copied =)

Hmm looks like I was wrong, okay I will admit defeat on the PSVita front.

Now all that is left is Nazar_Ops crazy argument. Still waiting for the PS4 sales numbers of both nations from him since appearntly VGChartz is not good enough for him. He believes that shares equal sales against other regions but shares represent sales of that specfic region against the competition platform.

Edited by TheVader66