Sony reportedly ending sale of PS Vita in Netherlands!

FlareXV

The shelf life of the PS Vita is supposedly reaching its end point, according to reports from several stores in the Benelux, a politico-economic union of Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg, that say no new shipments of the system are expected in.In an article posted to the Dutch news site tweakers, it was discovered that Bol.com, one of the Netherlands largest online retailers and an official distributor of the Vita, was currently not in stock and no more were expected in the short term.

Tweakers reached out to Sony Benelux about the situation, but were simply told there was “nothing to report” in regards to the Vita and declined to make any further comments.

For now, the Vita is still for sale in other European countries such as France and Germany, from stores and online retailers. It is still too early to say for certain if this is the end of the Vita, at least in the Benelux, but it remains unclear why they are no longer for sale.

I guess Sony tried to be sly at it but got caught it the act. A shame as the Vita is a beastly console but the games are clearly lacking compared to its competition. 

source:http://www.cgmagonline.com/2016/04/13/sony-reportedly-ending-sale-ps-vita-netherlands/

Edited by FlareXV

Honestly, I'm surprised they're even still selling them in the US, I had to get mine off eBay (new) because I couldn't find one around here (although I got a great deal on it), & I'm going to have to order most of the games I want for it too because my local GameStop's selection sucks. <_<

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm surprised they're even still selling them in the US, I had to get mine off eBay (new) because I couldn't find one around here (although I got a great deal on it), & I'm going to have to order most of the games I want for it too because my local GameStop's selection sucks. <_<

Damn, Gamestop are really sucky!

My first Vita was in June 2012, I thought the console would destroy the 3DS, guess I was wrong. My second one was at Christmas 2012, there's something about the Vita that makes you hate it but love it at the same time. 

I can find vita games at gamestop. They have at least something. Walmart has little to none and if they did its only minecraft from where im living.. Im pretty sure there are other stores that sells vita games just depending where you live..

Walmart is the worst, mine only had 4 games: Minecraft, Gravity Rush, some golf game, & 1 other. My GS does have some, but not much I was interested in (severely lacking in JRPGs).

i think they still sell it but not the bigger stores..
but the game stores still sell them..they even sell super nintendo and stuff like that..but from what i have read (sorry for my english)  the stores don't refill when they are sold out. and also sony didn't made a official replay about it.

i don't own one..but when i played on it it wasn't really my thing and most of my buddies sold it after a few months.

We all knew it would begin some day. Sony never meant to hide the fact that they do not support Vita anymore. Sad, really sad.

Beware of VR people: until a lot of devs announce that they are making games for that, it is not a horse you would want to place your money at...

• Like 2

What have the sold, like 25 Vitas in these places since 2012? Don't all the people in these areas who want Vitas buy them online anyway?

They're still in all the big and little box stores in my area.

I must be 1/25 then :P

yes I cant really find a vita anymore. toy stores are dumping games for really low prices, persona 4 gold 13 euros. but these are sold out very quickly. and game stores overprice the games alot

The Vita is the only console I actually use on a daily basis... It comes with me wherever I go (even to parties! - for the trip back home) and gets lots of love from me, and lots of hate from everyone else... Guess it's envy :P

Good thing stores here in Spain still sell them (and the games). Not too many new retail releases though, but the ones that do come out, I buy ;)

Edited by Soraking1991
  • Like 1