Difficult yet quick platinums

JanFranSwan

ICO, Teslagrad, both velocity games (Ultra and 2X) and Oddworld: new 'n' tasty have already been mentioned. I was going to suggest those as well.

I would strongly suggest Rack N Ruin (ps4). A nice short little game with a platinum that only has 8 platinum achievers on this site to date (out of 217 people). The speed run trophy leaves almost zero margin for error, and you don't have time to get any skills or health upgrades, just blast through and pray with the bosses. Save management is a necessity.

Sound shapes is another debatable possibility. It has a lot of irritating challenges. Sure, most people get it done in the end, and it can all be done within a few hours.

Zombie Driver HD (ps3) isn't that long but I found it beyond my current skills, it's still in my incomplete list ...

Dokuro (vita) is mostly easy, but has one annoying trophy for defeating several bosses in a row without getting hit once. And another one for beating the final boss without getting hit.

Edited by de_digibeet
  • Like 2

The 3 'Challaenge Accepted' Project Platinums listed here feature games that have really hard requirements, but sub-50 hour plats.  I recommend starting there, as there's 30 games between the 3 lists and I can personally recommend the 2 I've played (Vanquish and 3D Dot Game Heroes) as being both challenging, but very fun.

I appreciate the plug. :)  all three links are in my signature if you're interested. 

Other games that didn't quite make the cut.  

Metal Gear Rising,  25 - 35 hrs. 

Dead Space 2,  40ish

Sonic & all stars racing transformed. 20+

Skydive: proximity flight,  7/10,  <10 hrs. 

Some people have a lot of trouble with the Hotline Miami games. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

Nice mate :D

I played 10 hours on normal with Ferox without beating the last boss :(

And six hours alone mission 3 on hard for 15x multiplier with Nemesis :P:D

For some reason 15x multiplier for the PS3 version was sooo much easier than PS4 (IIRC).

For some reason 15x multiplier for the PS3 version was sooo much easier than PS4 (IIRC).

I don't really understand the reason, but i'm glad i didn't plan to play it on PS4 recently :D

Some stuff doesn't take long to do if you have the skill, but you won't have the skill from the start so it'll take a very long time in practice. And that's just the nature of hard games

This!! I agree totally. Of course there's the possibility for Remakes like Splinter Cell among many others. I play Chaos Theory several times and PS2 and got the Plat on PS3 in very short time... I was surprised it got a 7/10 diffiuclty rating. But for me it was nothing challenging, cuz nothing unknown. So i didn't play long on PS3 but veeeeery long because i enjoyed it on PS2 :)

I don't really understand the reason, but i'm glad i didn't plan to play it on PS4 recently :D

Hmm... or maybe it was the PS3 version that was harder. I can't remember really. One of the versions were much much harder when it comes to that multiplier. May be the PS3 version, because the PS3 version was pretty bad in comparison to the PS4 version. The PS4 version was great, didn't like the PS3 version anywhere near as much. :P The hardest things with the PS4 version:

• Destruction Preventer
  • I eat asteroids for breakfast
  • I'm back and I bought a friend

These three means serious business! lol

Hmm... or maybe it was the PS3 version that was harder. I can't remember really. One of the versions were much much harder when it comes to that multiplier. May be the PS3 version, because the PS3 version was pretty bad in comparison to the PS4 version. The PS4 version was great, didn't like the PS3 version anywhere near as much. :P The hardest things with the PS4 version

I should say i played it on the Vita... i read that the PS3 and the Vita Editions are a bit different :D

• 2 weeks later...