Difficult yet quick platinums

JanFranSwan

The 3 'Challaenge Accepted' Project Platinums listed here feature games that have really hard requirements, but sub-50 hour plats.  I recommend starting there, as there's 30 games between the 3 lists and I can personally recommend the 2 I've played (Vanquish and 3D Dot Game Heroes) as being both challenging, but very fun.

• Like 3

Surely if games are really hard, they won't be too quick.

For example, Amplitude can be done in a few hours, but it is very unlikely this will happen as it gets very difficult.

Vanquish is another good example, as it can be done in around 15 hours, but it takes many people longer due to challenges 4 and 6.

• Like 3

Wolfenstein: The New Order is about as hard as a CoD game on veteran when played on Uber difficulty, maybe slightly easier. Didn't take too long, about 20 hours or so.

What's "not too time consuming" mean to you?

Some people found Teslagrad hard. The plat can be obtained in about 3-4 hours even if you've never played it before. 

Infinity Runner had some challenge on the Hard mode PT, but doesn't take too long either. 

• Like 2

Demon's Souls x3! :) Can take like 2 hours... "difficult"

Some people found Teslagrad hard. The plat can be obtained in about 3-4 hours even if you've never played it before.

Infinity Runner had some challenge on the Hard mode PT, but doesn't take too long either.

Teslagrad was pretty easy IMO.

Infinity Runner wasn't really that difficult either, just some trail and error, and I thought it took a while. I mean, 3 playthroughs of all the levels and infinite mode. The 3 playthroughs if done perfectly first try no death etc, is about 2-3 hours (load screens too), but good luck doing it on first attempt. Then the infinity mode is like a 20 min run you can't screw up on and hope the game doesn't glitch on you before you finish. That last part took me some few hours alone due to the glitching and a couple of bad runs. :\ But sure, I'd expect people to plat in like 10 hours.

DOA 5, can be done in 30-40 hours.

Also, while not a platinum, Sine Mora is a good hard/short 100%

30 to 40 hours is quick? o.O

I'd say Oddworld: New n Tasty is a better choice on your list. Somewhat tricky, at least to some, and can be done in like 5 hours depending on how you do it. :P

The plat for Resogun on PS3 is harder than the PS4 version, but the 100% on PS4 is much harder than 100% on PS3! :P

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Teslagrad was pretty easy IMO.

Infinity Runner wasn't really that difficult either, just some trail and error, and I thought it took a while. I mean, 3 playthroughs of all the levels and infinite mode. The 3 playthroughs if done perfectly first try no death etc, is about 2-3 hours (load screens too), but good luck doing it on first attempt. Then the infinity mode is like a 20 min run you can't screw up on and hope the game doesn't glitch on you before you finish. That last part took me some few hours alone due to the glitching and a couple of bad runs. :\ But sure, I'd expect people to plat in like 10 hours.

I agree, Teslagrad was pretty easy, but I've read posts here and on my YT videos with people moaning about one or two of the scrolls in particular. Does a difficulty spike make a game challenging overall... debatable. 

Infinity Runner was definitely "a challenge" though, which is what OP asked for. I guess it depends on your reaction times. For my Hard mode runs I had to get to the point where I'd pretty much memorised the levels because I don't have the reaction skills to do them "blind". Once memorised, they're pretty easy I guess. But learning the levels is still hard, IMO. 

• Like 1

Does a difficulty spike make a game challenging overall... debatable. 

This is always the problem with these threads. No one can define "difficult" in the absolute, because it doesn't exist.

Also, the question was not about overall challenging games, but rather challenging plats. A single hard trophy, in a sea of easy trophies, makes for a difficult plat.

For example, Pier Solar is around a 20-hour plat, and 99% of the time is incredibly easy. However, that 1% is very difficult. It literally takes less than 7 minutes to run through Eternal Slip, but people spend hours on it before giving up.

• Like 1

When it comes to 'hard' games, yes. Most of them hover around 100 hours, many go above that. Relatively speaking anything below 50 hours is quick.

Eh, 30 to 40 hours is quite a lot IMO. At least try to keep it under 15-20 hours. xD

infinity runner add that to my vote

i will pull up statistic:

it took me about 28 hours to finish it in its entirety.

though the timing may be different depending on skill and determination to complete it.

it is hard especially on the highest difficulty but it is a quick plat.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

This is always the problem with these threads. No one can define "difficult" in the absolute, because it doesn't exist.

Also, the question was not about overall challenging games, but rather challenging plats. A single hard trophy, in a sea of easy trophies, makes for a difficult plat.

For example, Pier Solar is around a 20-hour plat, and 99% of the time is incredibly easy. However, that 1% is very difficult. It literally takes less than 7 minutes to run through Eternal Slip, but people spend hours on it before giving up.

Teslagrad was the one I thought of. Most of the scrolls are quite easy to obtain, but there were one or two that took quite a few attempts. All told, it was my fastest platinum to date (5:59, which may never be broken), but it could qualify as fast but difficult.

DOA 5, can be done in 30-40 hours.

Also, while not a platinum, Sine Mora is a good hard/short 100%

Just want to point out that Sine Mora has a minimum in game time of 24 hours for one of the trophies, so don't expect to crush it in a couple hours even if you're godlike at shmups.

VVVVVV is definitely a hard/short 100%.  Main game 100% run takes an hour or so the first time through, but the speedruns are really hard.  I think only one person has the 100% last I checked.

Titan Souls. You can speed run the game in 15 minutes (in fact you must beat it <20min for a trophy). It takes about 3-4 playthroughs to platinum it... you do the math.

That said, it is very difficult. Especially the Iron Man trophies. Doubly so for the Iron Mode + Hard Mode trophy.

• Like 1