STOP ADDING DLC TROPHIES

PhaseRebirth

4 hours ago, JOEYGGDXDREAPER7 said:

I understand why its weird, but admittedly it does suck to keep seeing new trophies pop. I am all for the new content, would just rather not see the new trophies too. But beyond that, as long as they just release 1 quest based trophy every so many months, then thats fine with me. But this newest quest is SOLO mandatory, and they did make it really hard in 2 of the missions because there are so many Sentients you have to kill (and you do have a time limit). It can definitely be done, it is just rough if you are not a very high powered Damage/Defense build.

Aren't new trophies an incentive to play the new content, though? I know I would have had the DLCs for The Crew by now if they had motivated me somehow... Personally, I'd also say I like the challenge, but then again I grew up on classic platformers and adventures and I'm used to having to figure out on my own what the best modus operandi is. Are the DLC quests much more difficult than the main game? Or do the quests build on what's there, and is it normal that you keep getting harder and harder quests?

5 hours ago, JOEYGGDXDREAPER7 said:

I understand why its weird, but admittedly it does suck to keep seeing new trophies pop. I am all for the new content, would just rather not see the new trophies too. But beyond that, as long as they just release 1 quest based trophy every so many months, then thats fine with me. But this newest quest is SOLO mandatory, and they did make it really hard in 2 of the missions because there are so many Sentients you have to kill (and you do have a time limit). It can definitely be done, it is just rough if you are not a very high powered Damage/Defense build.

Yes. I have seen my mood totally crushed against those damn sentients! DAMN INSANE DEVELOPERS!!! Have you any gears to suggest me to beat them easily? Any mods? I have a Sobuk, Broken War and a Rhino.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Aren't new trophies an incentive to play the new content, though? I know I would have had the DLCs for The Crew by now if they had motivated me somehow... Personally, I'd also say I like the challenge, but then again I grew up on classic platformers and adventures and I'm used to having to figure out on my own what the best modus operandi is. Are the DLC quests much more difficult than the main game? Or do the quests build on what's there, and is it normal that you keep getting harder and harder quests?

Personally I am not the biggest fan of additional trophies in games that are online specific (I love new content and DLC trophies are fine), but Warframe is an online only game, what if the servers go down. Thats why the new trophies bug me. I love the new content tho, they are fun. And I grew up on the old classics too that do not tell you anything and you have to figure the stuff out on your own (Revenge of Shinobi was crazy fun, but crazy hard lol). And I do love a good challenge as well, if you looked at my Playstation Trophies or Xbox achievements, you would see I have a huge favor towards very difficult games most people stay away from (Ninja Gaiden and Dark Souls being 2 perfect examples). And the main game is not really all that hard, and some of the DLC Missions are not that hard either, but there are some that are very difficult. This newest DLC Mission is extremely difficult because they make you do the missions SOLO (which normally is fine, but the enemies they make you fight are a little rough). In the 2nd song, they make you fight and kill 7 Sentients (more or less in the same battle) and in the mission after they make you fight roughly like 11 or 12 Sentients (more or less at the same time). During these missions, you do have a time limit, and sentients are very tricky and tough enemies. And unless you have a very versatile, high damage build, it can take A WHILE to kill them (if you survive and do not run out of time). But if you are good at Survival, have done the War Within Quest, and have a fairly decent Excalibur build, then it is more than manageable. I myself have beaten the quest, but when I was online, I saw countless players asking for help with the quest, and I felt bad I could not help them. It is not an easy quest to beat, but the worst part is that you must solo these Sentients. I sort of feel like they are trying to push people to buy Platinume or spend HOURS playing the game to get good enough to handle the quest.

1 minute ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

Yes. I have seen my mood totally crushed against those damn sentients! DAMN INSANE DEVELOPERS!!! Have you any gears to suggest me to beat them easily? Any mods? I have a Sobuk, Broken War and a Rhino.

I personally main Rhino Prime. But if you have beaten the War Within Quest, I highly recommend you use a DPS Excalibur build and and increase the Shield Defense as much as you can. Use Blind followed by Exalted Blade, and alternate between that and releasing the your Operator from your Tenno to fire the Hand Laser at them. Do that while focusing on survival and you will win. It is just a wild Ride.

4 minutes ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

I personally used the Dread, Despair, and Galatine as my weapons (I like the weapons lol, wish I had Galtine and Tigris Prime). But if you do not have Excalibur, make the Tankiest Rhino build you can create and use the Tenno Hand Laser thing as your primary form of attack and just focus on Surviving otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

If you are on the PS4, message me and I can chat via voice to better explain things.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

For the Octavia Quest, use Slow Nova. You'll destroy the Sentients in the blink of an eye.

just use a ranged primary and secondary.

As far as the trophies go, there are a ton more steam (even unobtainable ones) and more XB Achievements. DE wanted SONY to change the trophy policy. So, don't expect trophies to stop.

Hmmm another quest trophy. Gonna fire it up when it's available.

So far my frames/stuff were able to handle everything with ease (and I heard some things were hard for others). But I guess it's because I used to play WF for fun and really got into it instead of just going after trophies the easiest/fastest way.

Still... I wish they'd stop with the trophies, I have kinda moved on and don't have a cult (clan) anymore. I mean if they're still a thing. Plus a major upgrade is coming sometime that's supposed to change the whole feel of the game. I don't know how the old content will fit into it and if trophies will become unobtainable.

Edited by DizzyDavidson

30 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

I don't know how the old content will fit into it and if trophies will become unobtainable.

They won't. They've done in the past things that made trophies unobtainable and then fixed them after. DE cares about the trophies actually working. 

• Like 1

Well, Hello again people who are also fed up of this game. It's been about 3 months?

Although I didnt mind the last dlc (the final part was pretty good), I was really hoping that was the last one but ah well. Back to it.

I believe the cap on any game atm is 21 dlc? So if this is not the last at least there will only be 1 more.....for now.

13 minutes ago, soniq said:

There is room for at least 76 more trophies, so get ready to complain lots more.

Perhaps, but im sure I read somewhere that a game can only have 21 DLC. Cant exactly see them putting 76 trophies on 1 dlc lol.

I could be wrong about the number of DLC, but I'll just do the usual when I see this game add more trophies. Sigh, download the update, get it done asap and then leave the game again

24 minutes ago, Kazeh54 said:

Perhaps, but im sure I read somewhere that a game can only have 21 DLC. Cant exactly see them putting 76 trophies on 1 dlc lol.

I could be wrong about the number of DLC, but I'll just do the usual when I see this game add more trophies. Sigh, download the update, get it done asap and then leave the game again

Haven't heard about that, only that 128 Trophies is the limit per game.

20 minutes ago, soniq said:

Haven't heard about that, only that 128 Trophies is the limit per game.

I'm not sure about that, here's my therory: Games usally has a total trophy value of ~1200 points. 

Bronze is worth 15 points

Silver: 30 points

Gold: 60 points

And Platinum 120 points

by using this we know games have around 1080 points without platinum, if all where bronze it would be 72+ platinum (Look at puppeteer). DLC's have somewhere between 100-200 points each, let's say 150. With all bronze again it gives 10 per DLC. And let's say 21 DLC's is the limit 21x10=210, 210+73= 283. Which gives a total value of 4350 points (Driveclub has somewhere around 4000 too).

To shorten it down, i belive it has something to do with the trophy values.

43 minutes ago, OJ9999vr said:

I'm not sure about that, here's my therory: Games usally has a total trophy value of ~1200 points. 

Bronze is worth 15 points

Silver: 30 points

Gold: 60 points

And Platinum 120 points

by using this we know games have around 1080 points without platinum, if all where bronze it would be 72+ platinum (Look at puppeteer). DLC's have somewhere between 100-200 points each, let's say 150. With all bronze again it gives 10 per DLC. And let's say 21 DLC's is the limit 21x10=210, 210+73= 283. Which gives a total value of 4350 points (Driveclub has somewhere around 4000 too).

Driveclub has a total of 4740 points, 128 trophies and 21 DLCs.

That's probably why people think that 21 DLCs is the limit, but Paul Rustchynsky clearly says that the 128 trophies is the limit:

Makes sense to me because 128 is the 7th power of 2 and not unlikely to be chosen as a limit when Sony's developers created the trophy system.

Edited by soniq

26 minutes ago, soniq said:

Driveclub has a total of 4740 points, 128 trophies and 21 DLCs.

That's probably why people think that 21 DLCs is the limit, but Paul Rustchynsky clearly says that the 128 trophies is the limit:

Makes sense to me because 128 is the 7th power of 2 and not unlikely to be chosen as a limit when Sony's developers created the trophy system.

Didn't know about that, still it's very unlikely a game will have tons of gold trophies. So i'll partially hold on to my theory. So i guess the max. with DLC's is 5000 points, maybe:hmm:

51 minutes ago, Rrorkk said:

Ive written a letter to the warframe team urging them to keep adding DLC trophies to the game just to annoy you

Keep them coming, my body is always ready! :D

How about the huge "open" world expansion by the end of the year? Will we finally assist to a first Platinum trophy in a DLC list? Or will we have a different trophy list?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OJ9999vr said:

Didn't know about that, still it's very unlikely a game will have tons of gold trophies. So i'll partially hold on to my theory. So i guess the max. with DLC's is 5000 points, maybe:hmm:

Sure, but I think that's more of a rule from Sony than a technical limitation.