Uncharted 4 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Now that the game has been out for a week and people have had a chance to complete the game, I think it's time for a discussion thread. This game is one of my new favorites, and, in my opinion, the best game on new gen right now. I'm still torn between whether tbis one or Among Thieves is my favorite in the series, but my mind was consistently blown throughout the campaign.

Seeing as it was written by Naughty Dog's TLOU team, the writing was top notch and the twist towards the end was shocking! As always, Nolan and company were enthralling as their staple characters. Sam is one of the best new additions to the cast, and Rafe was a positively amazing villain. That final sword fight was incredible!

Share your thoughts!

I really thought sam was the bad guy for a very long time.. I dont know why.. It was most likely because before the game there was a summary of what it was about and it said that ''Sam was jealous of Nate's adventures''.
Im just suprised & glad no one died. Even though I really did expect someone to :P It is one of the best games I've played. And most likely has the best story out of all Uncharted games which was great to see =D

Edited by BestGregger
  • Like 2

This game is my favourite Uncharted. Taken the crown off Uncharted 3. 

I enjoyed this game more than The Last of Us (Which I still think is amazing) but I believe that is because of my stronger connection to the characters and lets be honest... Who doesn't enjoy an adventure about Pirates? 

The ending leaves it open for Uncharted to return! :) 

Edited by SolidJD
  • Like 2

I loved the twist with Hector Alcazar when I thought he was gonna be a secondary antagonist to Rafe, but my most favorite scene in the game is the scene where we finally find out what Drake's real last name actually is from Evelyn which is a really heartfelt scene btw, after waiting so long from being teased about it in Uncharted 3, but then when Drake and Sam reach the harbor it just gets even more powerful.

Edited by Potter13579
  • Like 2

This one was definitely my favorite Uncharted. Although it didn't have the *moment* like the train sequence in 2 or the desert scene in 3, I do feel like this was the most well written and emotional Uncharted yet. On a technical level, it was a little jarring playing the remastered versions running at 60fps and going to 4 which ran at 30fps. Naughty Dog tried to compensate by adding a noticeable amount of motion blur, but it really hurt my eyes. I eventually got used it, though it kicked back after playing some multiplayer, since that also runs at 60fps. The game is absolutely stunning though, and the line separating gameplay and cutscene doesn't exist. It's an incredibly fluid experience and further proves to me that Naughty Dog is just approaches games at different angles. It's definitely a game made for fans of the franchise. The attic scene was precious, the strange relics are easter eggs to other games, and the epilogue was one of the most heart warming endings I've ever played. 

I do have to say though....I felt like Sully and Nadine were severely underutilized. I know Sully got his stage in 3, but I really wish he had more screen time. He might be my favorite character in the series and I missed his presence a lot. As for Nadine, I feel like if you removed her completely from the game it wouldn't really impact the plot at all. Yeah she's the source of the Shoreline army working for Rafe, but if Naughty Dog just had Rafe buy a bunch of random mercenaries, then it would've been just as plausible. But at least there was a face to the source, and Laura Bailey did a phenomenal job acting as her. Maybe she'll be in the DLC? I don't know, but it's my biggest criticism of the game. 

I really liked Uncharted 4 in every aspect and I think it's my favorite game of this console generation so far. However, Uncharted 2 still really felt greater to me. I liked the characters like Chloë and Flynn much better than Sam and Nadine. Also, Rafe was cool but didn't feel as much vilian as Navarro (UC1) or Lazerevic.

Also, Uncharted 4's ending wasn't exactly what I wanted it to be. It was okay but I feel it could have been better.

Uncharted 4 was really enjoyable and is a great game but can't top Uncharted 2 in my opinion.

Edited by LucasV9991

Graphically I think it was superb. Game play wise the combat and traversal was well done as it always is. The story was pretty good too a real treasure hunt feel to it. I'm not sure where it ranks amongst other uncharted games for me but I can say it isn't number 1. For me it didn't have as many 'Holy SHIT!!' moments that I'm used to with the series. Off the top of my head the bell tower collapse and the car/bike chase were the only ones and they were pretty much back to back. I also missed the supernatural element that the series likes to include. I still loved every minute of it but I'd give it a solid 9 whereas 2 and 3 were definite 10s

I loved the twist with Hector Alcazar when I thought he was gonna be a secondary antagonist to Rafe, but my most favorite scene in the game is the scene where we finally find out what Drake's real last name actually is from Evelyn which is a really heartfelt scene btw, after waiting so long from being teased about it in Uncharted 3, but then when Drake and Sam reach the harbor it just gets even more powerful.

That was a great scene.

My favourite was the one where Nate and Elena find the dining room with the pirates all around the table. That was such a great scene. 

• Like 3

That was a great scene.

My favourite was the one where Nate and Elena find the dining room with the pirates all around the table. That was such a great scene. 

Dat music at 0:43...

Yea, I loved that scene too, but damn, I totally agree with the music part when Drake and Elena are driving in the jeep. It gave me sort of a beautiful vibe of The Last of Us there.

• Like 1

Easily my favourite part of the game. The game wouldn't have been as special as it was for me if they didn't have the entire Elena / Nate part. They talked, Elena stopped him and he continued anyways a little later wich he never really did before. Actually loved how their relationship was disaplayed!

The game was a 10, imo its the best in the series and after this game its on my top 3 game series of all time :P Loved to much to even say it all, but a lot of what already was said above is rhe same for me :P

Same here. The moment when she gives him that long look while he gushes over some treasure hunting stuff gave me goosebumps. That was the moment that made me realize how much games have changed in the past 20 years. We now have great, emotional acting in these things. Not voice acting, acting. It's incredible.

My other favorite part of the game is the chapter where Nate and Sam sneak into that mansion. It's the U4 equivalent of Ish's story in the Last of Us. An entire chapter focused on exploration and environmental storytelling. Love it.

That bit just after the exploding mummys though... where Elena doesn't get up straight away... my heart just stopped for a moment. I was thinking "no, Druckman you did not just pull this shit!". I was so relieved when she was alive!

On reflection, I can't decide whether I'm happy about that decision though. I suppose it was essential for a happy ending for Nate, but I can't help but feel that killing Elena would have been a braver move. I'm happy with the ending we got, I just wonder if killing her wouldn't have led to an ending which had more of an emotional impact overall. The "trick" with her just pretending seems like a bit of a cheap move to get an emotional response with no actual consequence in hindsight.

I wonder whether Sam or Cassie will be our next protagonist when the series is, eventually, picked up again.

• Like 1

That bit just after the exploding mummys though... where Elena doesn't get up straight away... my heart just stopped for a moment. I was thinking "no, Druckman you did not just pull this shit!". I was so relieved when she was alive!

On reflection, I can't decide whether I'm happy about that decision though. I suppose it was essential for a happy ending for Nate, but I can't help but feel that killing Elena would have been a braver move. I'm happy with the ending we got, I just wonder if killing her wouldn't have led to an ending which had more of an emotional impact overall. The "trick" with her just pretending seems like a bit of a cheap move to get an emotional response with no actual consequence in hindsight.

I wonder whether Sam or Cassie will be our next protagonist when the series is, eventually, picked up again.

You'd think it would have to be Sam. Cassie would make the series too much like tomb raider. Or vice versa.... i forget who is supposed to be copying who these days

• Like 2

I felt the same way.

I also thought there were a couple of times after that where they were going to kill off Nate, namely, when Elena tells him they take turns doing the dishes, and he responds with "I love you" before running off to find Sam.

And then after the final boss fight, I didn't think Nat eand Sam were going to make it out from under the sinking ship and the mountain collapse.

There is going to be a DLC story pack. Personally, I hope it includes Chloe since we never got closure with her character from Uncharted 3. I am hoping it is Sam. I'd rather have Sam than Cassie. I do wonder though if the additional story in the DLC will be a springboard to an Uncharted 5, with whoever picks it up, since Naughty Dog is done with the Uncharted series.

• 5 months later...

Since having played all the uncharted games before, I absolutely love this one! The flashbacks in the house of drake, the memories at the end, the picture you had taken while they were kids in that house, with this uncharted I was already connected to the characters but even more than the other ones. I'm kind of sad that it is done now, I'll miss Elena, Nathan, Sully, Sam etc... It's been a beautiful adventure.

Thank you Naughty Dog, thank you Uncharted!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/23/2016 at 11:29 AM, Splathew said:

Dat music at 0:43...

YES! Had me on the brink of tears!

On 5/23/2016 at 9:51 AM, AnimeDreama said:

Now that the game has been out for a week and people have had a chance to complete the game, I think it's time for a discussion thread. This game is one of my new favorites, and, in my opinion, the best game on new gen right now. I'm still torn between whether tbis one or Among Thieves is my favorite in the series, but my mind was consistently blown throughout the campaign.

Seeing as it was written by Naughty Dog's TLOU team, the writing was top notch and the twist towards the end was shocking! As always, Nolan and company were enthralling as their staple characters. Sam is one of the best new additions to the cast, and Rafe was a positively amazing villain. That final sword fight was incredible!

Share your thoughts!

Where do I even begin? This game was EPIC! All the hype, all the waiting, it couldn't be more worth it. UC4, tied with TLOU is my favorite game of all time. Hell I made a 26 minute YouTube video explaining why. I literally did not want to put the controller down, no other game has had me feeling that way for a while. The music, graphics, character interaction, scenery, and suspense all had me dying for more after every single minute that I played. The sword fight made my entire body filling with dopamine. The treasure burning around me with incredibly emotional music playing in the background, Drake was making his final stand to define the fate of him and his brother...fantastic. This game is a 11/10 from me, hell I'm so obsessed with it that I've been playing the Multiplayer since release LOL. Bring on the DLC xD