JUNE PS PLUS IGC

Xel

No one has been able to platinum NBA 2K16 on here, is there something wrong/broken about the game?

There's nothing wrong with the game now.  There was a trophy :silver: How Much Ya Got? that was glitched months ago, but that was fixed.  The main hindrance in getting the platinum is the :gold: Fortune Hunter, where you have to collect 30 runes.  Certain player cards have these runes and they're randomized, meaning everyone will to buy different cards to acquire these runes.  Now, there are about 2800 cards you can get in the game.  So, there's a good chance more will be able to get all runes.  This is probably the hardest NBA 2K because there's more of an emphasis on online play this year.  You can't really boost online either.  So, you'll need to be pretty good at the to reach the requirements of trophies.  It's more of a grind, honestly.  Assuming you're at least solid at the game, you're looking at around 200 hours minimum to get the platinum.  Naturally, it will take longer, if you suck.

The plat games are unobtainable and the other games have 100%'s and furthermore, the only game there that I want to play (GoW) doesn't have trophies. Only the PS3 release does. G fucking G Sony!

What games are unobtainable?

Edited by grimydawg

Yup, another average month for PS+.

It's even below average. Average is 4-5 Plat games =D

The endless rage in these threads are always so much more entertaining than the games.

Exactly why we should fear the time when a satisfying (yea, not happening) lineup appears =D

if they are running out of entries to add.

They aren't. Sony just does not want to give games for Vita.

There's a whole heap of Japanese games that can be given out. Heck, they could do year of Plus lineup just out of Ateliers and Neptunia.

Even xbox Line-up are more interested than All PS console plus  :shakefist:?!

Well, because Xbox needs customers.

That's the disadvantage of 'successful' PS4.

It had a glitched trophy that was fixed and I think some of the grind stuff wasn't available. But in any case its a long grind to a plat regardless. There is a reason most sport games have such a low plat rate. I don't understand the excitement for this game as a IGC release. I think there are what, maybe 2 NBA games in total? So if ppl have an interest in this genre, they most likely have it.

Nah most sports game just have LOADS of non trophy hunters playing them, FIFA and PES are easy plats, but still UR. because of the amount of non trophy hunters playing them.

The plat games are unobtainable and the other games have 100%'s and furthermore, the only game there that I want to play (GoW) doesn't have trophies. Only the PS3 release does. G fucking G Sony!

Basing a IGC month on whether games have a plat or not.. Seriously xD

• Like 1

Nah most sports game just have LOADS of non trophy hunters playing them, FIFA and PES are easy plats, but still UR. because of the amount of non trophy hunters playing them.

I think if the plat is gliched because of server issues like I hear with Little Deviants its a fair complaint.

I find it more entertaining that people rate the line-up based on the fact whether the plat is easy to achieve or if it's a "grind". :D

If people want cheap and fast plats, start to stack TellTale-games or start a search on eBay for "fast plat, easy plat" and get a bunch of unreadables™ (by Satoshi Ookami).

• Like 1

I find it more entertaining that people rate the line-up based on the fact whether the plat is easy to achieve or if it's a "grind". :D

If people want cheap and fast plats, start to stack TellTale-games or start a search on eBay for "fast plat, easy plat" and get a bunch of unreadables™ (by Satoshi Ookami).

I rate is cause its bad, not based on an easy plat. An if a game requires 200 plus hours its a grind. No need to put it in quotes.

I think if the plat is gliched because of server issues like I hear with Little Deviants its a fair complaint.

Ehh maybe, but the trophies aren't glitched. It was, now fixed. I tend to base a month off the games given before I even think of the trophies.

I rate is cause its bad, not based on an easy plat. An if a game requires 200 plus hours its a grind. No need to put it in quotes.

I put the grind in quotation marks as I can't judge on my own if 200 hours in a sports game are a grind as the last "normal" sports game I played was back in the days of the N64. From what I understand from grimydawg's posts it's a grind because you have to get lucky with obtaining a high diversity of the 2,800 different cards. So the grind is due to the RNGod, which I personally dislike in many games but it's a common thing and you/I can't trash one game for containing this mechanic if there's a whole lot of them.

And personally I only heard good things about the actual gameplay of this game, which is IMHO the most important fact about the game.

I put the grind in quotation marks as I can't judge on my own if 200 hours in a sports game are a grind as the last "normal" sports game I played was back in the days of the N64. From what I understand from grimydawg's posts it's a grind because you have to get lucky with obtaining a high diversity of the 2,800 different cards. So the grind is due to the RNGod, which I personally dislike in many games but it's a common thing and you/I can't trash one game for containing this mechanic if there's a whole lot of them.

And personally I only heard good things about the actual gameplay of this game, which is IMHO the most important fact about the game.

I hear the game is good. I say its a bad pick because its a sports game and particularly a basketball game. Its bad because its a niche genre and odds are that an overwhelmingly amount of Plus owners have it and those that don't probably wont be interested in it. With all the AAA games Sony could have picked, I think something with more mass appeal would have been better leading into the E3. But it did make one point. The game is less than a year old, so why cant Sony release more AAA games? Especially 1st party. 

Well, there's that, but that's not the main reason why it's a grind.  You have to win x-amount of games online, in order to complete the highest level in ranked online.  That took me around 50 games to do.  Playing a whole game typically takes around 30 minutes to complete.  Fortunately, I was able to make people rage quit by killing them by halftime, even at the end of the first quarter at times, in about half of those games.  You're probably going to have to play around 400 games or so to do all of the stuff trophy-related.  So, that's how I got the 200 hours (give or take) estimation.   

Well, there's that, but that's not the main reason why it's a grind.  You have to win x-amount of games online, in order to complete the highest level in ranked online.  That took me around 50 games to do.  Playing a whole game typically takes around 30 minutes to complete.  Fortunately, I was able to make people rage quit by killing them by halftime, even at the end of the first quarter at times, in about half of those games.  You're probably going to have to play around 400 games or so to do all of the stuff trophy-related.  So, that's how I got the 200 hours (give or take) estimation.   

If rage quitting works, why did you say it's not boostable?

I hear the game is good. I say its a bad pick because its a sports game and particularly a basketball game. Its bad because its a niche genre and odds are that an overwhelmingly amount of Plus owners have it and those that don't probably wont be interested in it. With all the AAA games Sony could have picked, I think something with more mass appeal would have been better leading into the E3. But it did make one point. The game is less than a year old, so why cant Sony release more AAA games? Especially 1st party. 

I wouldn't call it niche, if the game sold 4 million copies (2.5 million on PS4) within the first week of release.  That's better than Uncharted 4.  Just because it's something you don't like doesn't make it niche.

If rage quitting works, why did you say it's not boostable?

Because it's very unlikely you'll match up with your partner (if you were to have one) in an online ranked game.  I'm not saying it's impossible to boost, just improbable.  I'm just good enough to murder my opponent to make him/her quit the game early at times.  That's all.

Edited by grimydawg
  • Like 1

Because it's very unlikely you'll make up with your partner (if you were to have one) on an online ranked game.  I'm not saying it's impossible to boost, just improbable.  I'm just good enough to murder my opponent to make him/her quit the game early at times.  That's all.

I see, so it's the matchmaking. Though, if it's similar to EA titles, it could actually be doable.

I was able to boost FIFA Street and that was also considered hardly boostable :D

I wouldn't call it niche, if the game sold 4 million copies (2.5 million on PS4) within the first week of release.  That's better than Uncharted 4.  Just because it's something you don't like doesn't make it niche.

Something tells me it wont crack the top 10 played even when "free". Rocket League still does. And I mean niche as in it appeals to a certain type. Not that it isn't popular. But we will see next week how many ppl actually play it.

Well, there's that, but that's not the main reason why it's a grind. You have to win x-amount of games online, in order to complete the highest level in ranked online. That took me around 50 games to do. Playing a whole game typically takes around 30 minutes to complete. Fortunately, I was able to make people rage quit by killing them by halftime, even at the end of the first quarter at times, in about half of those games. You're probably going to have to play around 400 games or so to do all of the stuff trophy-related. So, that's how I got the 200 hours (give or take) estimation.

Thanks for the input. 400 games really seems like a lot but I guess if it's a type of game ypu enjoy personally it's still doable. For me it wouldn't be a thing but that's because I'm not into sports games (only played NBA Jam or ISS back in the days :lol: ).

Like grimydawg said I personally wouldn't call it niche. I guess with the exception of a few series (the well-known FPS like Call of Duty, Battlefield or Action-Adventures like Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, Last of Us) every game could be called niche, whether it's a Platformer, Puzzle-game, Fighter, Sports-game, Racing, Strategy, RPG / JRPG, Adventure or all the other genres. IMO the most important thing is that Sony increases the variety of different genres (even I was annoyed of all the Puzzle/Platformer-games they offered in 2015 :rolleyes: ). And the thing about AAA:

Just an assumption but I guess they don't have to put AAA-games into the IGC anymore as the PS4 sells like hotcakes, still.

I see, so it's the matchmaking. Though, if it's similar to EA titles, it could actually be doable.

I was able to boost FIFA Street and that was also considered hardly boostable :D

The servers aren't similar, at least on Madden.  There's probably a way, but I don't know.  I'm good enough to get trophies without depending on others.  So, I just play.

Something tells me it wont crack the top 10 played even when "free". Rocket League still does. And I mean niche as in it appeals to a certain type. Not that it isn't popular. But we will see next week how many ppl actually play it.

So do games/series like Call of Duty. 

The servers aren't similar, at least on Madden.  There's probably a way, but I don't know.  I'm good enough to get trophies without depending on others.  So, I just play.

So do games/series like Call of Duty. 

True but the Shooter genre is much larger. Like I said, we shall see next week how many ppl play their "free" game.

Nothing for me either. I haven't gotten a title I'd purchase otherwise from PS+ in nearly a year (I think, sure feels that way). The only way to change it is if they lose money. They're still getting plenty, so they won't change. From a business standpoint it's a good idea. Everyone could have seen it coming that IGC would be crap the moment online was no longer free.

PS4 owners need to pay anyway to play online, and PS3/Vita owners are apparently considered little more than legacy console owners. They're slightly above PS2 owners in regards to service.

I think I might just let my sub expire if I'm still playing Overwatch at that point. It's still 3-4 months to go, but we'll see what happens.

Edited by Ric