JUNE PS PLUS IGC

Xel

Sorry, but this is a shit month, especially for trophy hunters. 2 unachievable plats (for all intents and purposes), 2 games with no trophies.

So shitty month.

Doesn't mean Plus is shit. Discounts can still be good, plus there is the cloud and MP etc.

But the game selection is bad. And really, has been dodgy for quite a while.

Doesn't mean there aren't occasional gems, but probably time for people to re-align their expectations.

Mediocre is the new norm.

Even the sales aren't what they used to be. Granted part of the reason is some of the good games I already bought so the choices are limited. But still it's the same sales recycled over and over with the same games. Every Tuesday you know it will probably be a developers sale. I miss the old sales where they were themed based and always a surprise. Now it's meh.

Yet another month where I'll wait and see if the PlayStation store discounts are better than the free games, although Gone Home looks interesting. Hope there's a free platnium in there

It's a three hour 100 percent. Woooo hoooo

• Like 1

Is NBA2k servers up? Last time they gave us NBA the server went off few months / weeks later...

Yes, after the fiasco with the 2K14 servers, they decided to keep them open for (I think) 18 months after the newest 2K's released. So there's plenty of time to knock out the online portion of the trophies.

If I didn't already spend $60 on nba 2k16 then I would be excited but hey thats a AAAAA game.

Also chill with calling nba crap and sports games in general. Just because they dont suit doesn't make them crap.

Edited by SUPERVIRAL
  • Like 2

I will not be renovating my psn plus subscrition anually like i did for the past 3 years.

Im not a big fan of online play but the "free" games where worth it.

Now its just not worth it anymore, if i get a game that i really want to plat with a online component i just buy a monthly pass and do it.

I'd like to think of it as me defending indie games because that was almost always the main complaint as to why the lineup sucked in previous months.

Honestly even I can't find anything I'm interested in this month except maybe Gone Home. This month sucks and it's ironic af that half of this lineup, by definition, consists of "AAA games".

Ah, my bad here =D I meant FlareXV and his prediction thread as Crimson said =)

I will not be renovating my psn plus subscrition anually like i did for the past 3 years.

Now its just not worth it anymore, if i get a game that i really want to plat with a online component i just buy a monthly pass and do it.

AH! The power of the Consumers CHOICE in action!!!! A win for the consumers all over the world!!

I might give NBA a shot.  I haven't played a sports game since NCAA Football 2003 on the PS2, but it is surprising just how much in common sports titles have with RPG's (probably not what fans of either genre want to hear).  Gone Home has been on my must buy list since the day it was released, but I've held off on purchasing it until I was ready to play in case of a sale so this is perfect.

For all of those complaining or thinking about dropping the service, a useful exercise might be to see what IGC games you've downloaded and the probability you would have purchased the games if they didn't appear on IGC.

In 2016, I would have likely purchased Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and Gone Home.  I might have purchased Tropico 5 and Nom Nom Galaxy (particularly if I heard the Terraria comparisons) depending on price.  $50 for the whole lot certainly doesn't seem like an unreasonable amount I would have spent if I would have pulled the trigger on each title.  Factor in the potential IGC selections in the next six months and all of the extra discounts I've received on sales; and the $50 annual fee seems more than worth it without factoring in any of the other features (like cloud storage and multiplayer).

It is easy to put down the service in months when there just isn't anything for us (I didn't download a thing in January, March, or April), but even just looking at IGC titles it doesn't take many we are interested in to add up to $50 we might have spent otherwise without all of the additional benefits.

• Like 2

Yes, after the fiasco with the 2K14 servers, they decided to keep them open for (I think) 18 months after the newest 2K's released. So there's plenty of time to knock out the online portion of the trophies.

Thanks!

In my older account i couldn't get the rest of trophies because of servers :/

I will give it a shot. 

Only 3 of the 6 games have platinums.

I have GoW already.

Little Deviants looks unobtainable.

Sports games are trash and usually become unobtainable within a few months.

Yup, another average month for PS+.

As much as the IGC games have disappointed lately, it's still worth having PS+ for the cloud saves and access to my backlog.

The IGC has apparently seen it's glory days... maybe they'll come back some time soon. I'm at least hoping for now.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand another ten bucks saved this month.

Or make a new account, use the 2 week trial, and hammer out the online on your main account as a proper fuck you to them.

We are half way through the year and I have literally received nothing for my subscription.  In 2014 I didn't count the $ but there were 2 games per month that I played and mostly enjoyed. In 2015, I played $397 worth of PS+ games, and probably more because I finished another 7 or 8 recently due to lack of 2016 content.

This year, $0.  FYI SONY: a game isn't free if you have to buy DLC to finish it.  

Edited by audiopile

I will never complain when something is being given to me for free. Yes we are technically paying for it but they are giving us 6 free games per month. You are entitled to your opinion but it is one thing to not like something but it doesn't make that thing trash. NBA is an AAA game nothing trash about. If you are to respond to me all I ask is just not to insult me.

• Like 1