uncharted 5 speculation

Just found this on the web think there might be something to this http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Could-Uncharted-5-Actually-Happen-Here-What-Director-Says-129787.html

i remember seeeing something about sony owning the rights to uncharted series so it is likely someone esle could make no 5 however i would prefure it to be naughty dog. With the sales from no 4 think someone high up might be all ready thinking about another one

• Like 1

Seems pretty clear to me that Uncharted is done. Naughty Dog tied up the series perfectly and want to move onto other things. And yes, Sony own the rights to Uncharted, like all of their first party titles. I mean they own Naughty Dog as well, so it's entirely up to Sony with what they want to do with it. That doesn't mean they'll force Naughty Dog to do another one just because it's profitable, as that would be idiotic. Naughty Dog do what they want. It will likely go the way of Jak & Daxter where it's always possible they could go back to it, but highly unlikely. 

Edited by Undead Wolf

Seems pretty clear to me that Uncharted is done. Naughty Dog tied up the series perfectly and want to move onto other things. And yes, Sony own the rights to Uncharted, like all of their first party titles. I mean they own Naughty Dog as well, so it's entirely up to Sony with what they want to do with it. That doesn't mean they'll force Naughty Dog to do another one just because it's profitable, as that would be idiotic. Naughty Dog do what they want. It will likely go the way of Jak & Daxter where it's always possible they could go back to it, but highly unlikely. 

naughty dog is done with the series, that doesn't mean sony can't give the IP to another different studio so they can make a reboot or sequel or whatever it is, i hope is a new beginning with different characters so it can feel fresh and different, i feel they shouldn't touch any of the story or characters made by naughty dog.

all i'm saying is that uncharted is one of sony's best selling series, so i think it's pretty obvious to say that they would not let it die that easily.

Edited by smellslikejavier

Die that easily? They can remaster and Classic-ise the shit out of the existing Uncharted games for their next three consoles and suckers will pay for it over and over again. If that's death, all video games should hope to die.

with death i mean stop releasing new entries, and if those people want to keep buying the remasters i don't see anything wrong, they know what they will be getting and if they have fun with it then it was money well spent for them.

If anyone but Naughty Dog did Uncharted that would be damned near sacrilegious.

uncharted: golden abyss? xD according to some people is a good game, obviously not in the level of high quality as naughty dog's entries but from what i read is not a bad game.

• Like 2

naughty dog is done with the series, that doesn't mean sony can't give the IP to another different studio so they can make a reboot or sequel or whatever it is, i hope is a new beginning with different characters so it can feel fresh and different, i feel they shouldn't touch any of the story or characters made by naughty dog.

all i'm saying is that uncharted is one of sony's best selling series, so i think it's pretty obvious to say that they would not let it die that easily.

Yeah, I guess there's always the possibility that Sony will get another studio to work on a new entry like they did with Golden Abyss, but personally, I hope they leave it alone since the ending of Uncharted 4 was so definitive. Uncharted and Nathan Drake are one in the same for me, so I don't know if I'd want a new game without him. It's not really about what I want though since there's clearly more money to be had. Not that I'm totally against another Uncharted game, because I'm not, it's just that it wouldn't be the same.

Edited by Undead Wolf

Yeah, I guess there's always the possibility that Sony will get another studio to work on a new entry like they did with Golden Abyss, but personally, I hope they leave it alone since the ending of Uncharted 4 was so definitive. Uncharted and Nathan Drake are one in the same for me, so I don't know if I'd want a new game without him. It's not really about what I want though since there's clearly more money to be had. Not that I'm totally against another Uncharted game, because I'm not, it's just that it wouldn't be the same.

i agree, but you know how the gaming business is, as long as it gives them money they will keep making them. like i said i will prefer a reboot if they continue with the franchise, or a completely different story and different characters while still keeping what happened on the original uncharted series as canon for that universe as well. i feel that uncharted as the name says is more about discovering new unexplored areas and its secrets rather than a game that is more aimed to be about nathan drake and its adventures, in the same way i feel that the last of us is more about how people deal with that apocalyptic universe and their relationship with the other survivors rather than a game centered only on joel and ellie's relationship, i don't know if i'm making myself clear but for example i was more than okay when they chose new characters and a new story for infamous second son that wasn't very related to the previous games of that franchise, because i also felt that that franchise was more about the powers of the characters and their dilemma of using them for good or bad purposes rather than a game that was all about cole's character.

i hope not. i dont want a spinoff with a side character carrying on Nathans legacy, it ended very well. 4 games plus Golden Abyss, its not too many but its also not overkilling the franchise. 5 is enough. 

if anything, just let Naughty Dog finish Last of Us 2 and revive Crash Bandicoot.

Honestly though, do people really want another Uncharted game? How many times exactly do people want to see floors crumble beneath the main character, how many times do they want to see him grab that ledge at the last possible moment?

The story is over. Indiana Jones' story was over too and yet they dragged him out of retirement and he's been dying a slow, agonizing death ever since. I say let the Uncharted family go gracefully.

There is a new Uncharted coming out for PS4 later this year. Its a spin off called Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Also i think it was mentioned above but Sony owned all of Naughty Dogs games. They just make the game.

Honestly though, do people really want another Uncharted game? How many times exactly do people want to see floors crumble beneath the main character, how many times do they want to see him grab that ledge at the last possible moment?

I do, i do. Im a sucker for action. I love climbing in games.

The story is over. Indiana Jones' story was over too and yet they dragged him out of retirement and he's been dying a slow, agonizing death ever since. I say let the Uncharted family go gracefully.

Sounds like You will be excited for Indiana Jones 5 in 2019 then.  :P

• Like 1

People are quite happy to buy the new fifa games every year and also call of duty lol if they can keep the plots good and the game play good bring as many as you want I will gobble that shit up!! If they are just after a quick buck tho and destroy the series I agree maybe it would be time to leave it alone. Would hate to see this go to pot because people are greedy for money

People are quite happy to buy the new fifa games every year and also call of duty lol if they can keep the plots good and the game play good bring as many as you want I will gobble that shit up!! If they are just after a quick buck tho and destroy the series I agree maybe it would be time to leave it alone. Would hate to see this go to pot because people are greedy for money

Doesn't want a game that is after a quick buck and with bad story, names call of duty as an example

I'm sure there's a meme for this, I'm just too lazy to go search for it

I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty satisfied about the ending and the series as a whole. If they make another game, I just hope it matches the quality of the others.

As long as Naughty dog can produce new projects I don't think they'll go back to this well anytime soon.

There's always Golden Abyss : Remastered they could plop out for a non-handheld.  They may even have a new project in the pipeline once The Last of Us 2 is ready.

There is a new Uncharted coming out for PS4 later this year. Its a spin off called Rise of the Tomb Raider.

:P

Definitely can't wait for that! As long as it contains all the dlcs on release and no multiplayer. It'd be nice to see Golden Abyss on PS4, just to see how it is, since I don't have a vita.

• Like 1