Crash Bandicoot's return leaked - as a Skylander

madbuk

Crash-Bandicoot-Skylanders-Imaginators.p

A retailer based in Singapore named Qisahn has a listing up featuring a Playstation 4 exclusive “Crash” Skylanders Imaginators Starter Pack.

Saying the “Crash edition content to be announced later. this is a Playstation 4 exclusive”.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1230621

Please be fake... Please. After all the teasing from Sony, this would be a massive disappointment.

Well, this would be kind of, I mean, I don't know.

As much as Skylanders doesn't appeal to me, I've got nothing but respect for how they dug Spyro out from the dead and spun a super successful franchise out of his dead ass. I mean, Spyro's been average since the PS1 days ended for me anyway so I don't blame them for ruining him.

But Crash? I don't know what really he'd be doing for anyone. It's not a new franchise spun off from him, he's just a character popping up in someone else's thing. Odds are he'll look unrecognizable to his former self anyways if this did happen, so only the super obsessive Crash fans / Skylanders fans who probably don't even know who Crash is would buy this. 

Can we just remake 1-3 and the 2 Team Racing games, please?

• Like 4

Wait, a minute... How did Skylanders "ruin" Spyro?

First: Imagine the arrow is pointing the other way. Second: That's how.

Sorry I just need to go for a moment to wipe my eyes because they are BLEEDING!

Beyond the redesign, the bigger thing is that he's just another Skylander among dozens others nowadays. There's very little chance he'll ever be in the spotlight with a new game carrying his name.

First: Imagine the arrow is pointing the other way. Second: That's how.

Sorry I just need to go for a moment to wipe my eyes because they are BLEEDING!

Beyond the redesign, the bigger thing is that he's just another Skylander among dozens others nowadays. There's very little chance he'll ever be in the spotlight with a new game carrying his name.

This is barely a redesign and more of a "fleshing out" but I agree it's ugly. That, however, doesn't ruin Spyro. He wasn't going to get another game anyway. Why? Because his games haven't sold. He's been left in the past. If anything, Skylanders gave him relevance. I would love another Spyro game but does his inclusion in a game that is not aimed at me and doesn't interest me ruin him? Nope.

Edit: to remove the quoted image to minimize post size in thread.

Edited by XX_FTW

He wasn't going to get another game anyway. Why? Because his games haven't sold. He's been left in the past. If anything, Skylanders gave him relevance.

True but I'm sure most fans would rather he was just left in the past with fond memories rather than butchered like that. I'm sure Skylanders would've been fine as a separate franchise without the need to relate it to Spyro. But yeah when it comes down to it, it's mainly Spyro's appearance Skylanders ruined. I just wouldn't like to see Crash looking that ugly too. :S

• Like 1

I don't really see the big issue to be honest. I doubt they would have made a new Crash game, or spyro. If anything, Skylanders is keeping their names going. Plus, Skylanders is  :awesome:  , So I am for this, and if it is true, it will be added to be collection of Skylander games.

Edited by MistressKomp
  • Like 3

man, insomniac games made a really dumb excuse to get rid of spyro the dragon.

"Spyro Can't use his Arms to pick up stuff" this is where they ditched spyro in favor to ratchet. don't get me wrong, I like R&C series too played ratchet and clank 2, 3, dread lock and the horrible size matter on ps2, and the first one on ps3 and got quest for booty for free, yet, still need to play the rest of the future series but spyro used to be among my most favorite game franchise and favorite game characters ever.

don't know if this is true but I heard that Sony once went to Activision asking them for buying the rights to crash and spyro's back from them but Act-no-vision refused as they replied that they gain some profit from both IP :/