Final Fantasy XV megathread

DPtheGod

6 minutes ago, NEV said:

lol Well have you played Crisis Core game before?

Tbh.. it really makes no sense since Zack and Noctis have nothing to do with each other. This however..

tumblr_oj6a88PD351txhqo3o1_1280.png

tumblr_oj6a88PD351txhqo3o2_1280.png

I'm not sorry.

(You have to have watched Neon Genesis Evangelion to get this.)

Edited by DEMON

6 minutes ago, DEMON said:

Tbh.. it really makes no sense since Zack and Noctis have nothing to do with each other. This however..

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_oj6a88PD351txhqo3o1_1280.png

tumblr_oj6a88PD351txhqo3o2_1280.png

I'm not sorry.

(You have to have watched Neon Genesis Evangelion to get this.)

I know Zack and Noctis doesn't have to do with each other, but that's what happened the same thing to Zack that he dies with a smile.

Yeah, but...you're not sorry of what?

Neon Genesis Evangelion does have to do with this? I was planing to read on Manga, but is there difference between Anime and Manga?

17 minutes ago, NEV said:

I know Zack and Noctis doesn't have to do with each other, but that's what happened the same thing to Zack that he dies with a smile.

Yeah, but...you're not sorry of what?

Neon Genesis Evangelion does have to do with this? I was planing to read on Manga, but is there difference between Anime and Manga?

Hmm.. guess. It's not the best picture of Noctis to have used if that's the case.

Look up "Get in the Robot", then you will get it.

51 minutes ago, DEMON said:

Hmm.. guess. It's not the best picture of Noctis to have used if that's the case.

Look up "Get in the Robot", then you will get it.

Okay, then I promise I'll never post a picture like that.

Couldn't find one, only some parody stuff, so I'm gonna watch on Anime.

Looks like there's a new glitch where you can explore the Niflheim Empire area.

It's a cool teaser, and quite possibly an unlockable area for the future DLC, but... why are people wishing this was finished in the game?

Do people even realize the story suffered in favour of the open world exploration that's already in the game? Can you imagine how much more the story would have suffered if they wasted resources on polishing that area? 

I get it, running around in an open world is fun... but I'd rather a 10/10 blockbuster linear story than an open world game with a Destiny story. Maybe that's just me though.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

So what's happening with that 60fps PS4 Pro patch? I thought it was supposed to come out sometime in December, but I've heard nothing about it since. Are they delaying patches now? :P

I'm not sure since I don't own a PS4 Pro yet. I am eagerly awaiting for the 2017 patches and DLC for the game. :) Maybe the PS4 Pro Patch will be one of them at some point this year.

More stuff from the FF XV Ultimania has been translated and shared on Reddit yesterday. Long read ahead...

Spoiler

Mythos

Six Gods, Messengers, The Revelation, Origin of the Stars Legend, Deamons, Meteor

Six Gods — Watching The World Since Ancient Times

The six supreme gods of Eos legend. Creators of the legendary ring of light, provided as the mark of the king, to Lucis royalty. They speak a language that can only be understood by those touched by the Gods. Taelpar Crag was created as a result of the War of the Gods, which started with Ifrit’s betrayal of the Gods but little additional information is actually known.

Trial of the Gods “The Revelation”

A trial imposed by a God before granting their power to a human, referenced in books for at least the past 2000 years. Depending on the god, the act of their trial may result in significant damage to surrounding cities.

Origin of the Stars — Legend of Eos Origin
(Personal Note — In US/NA, the game calls this Cosmogony)

The gods communicate with man through the Oracle but rarely appear directly. The Gods convey their will to mankind using 24 angels.
SN: Gentiana who lives with the Nox Flueret family is one of the 24 and deeply connected to Luna.

Trial of the Gods “The Revelation”

A trial imposed by a God before granting their power to a human, referenced in books for at least the past 2000 years. Depending on the god, the act of their trial may result in significant damage to surrounding cities.

Origin of the Stars — Legend of Eos Origin
(Personal Note — In US/NA, the game calls this Cosmogony)

The book containing the legend of the Oracle and the Gods. Published in a number of different forms, the book and its story is well known to the people of Eos.

Origin of the Stars Legend
O’er rotted Soil, under blighted Sky, A dread Plague the Wicked has wrought. 
In the Light of the Gods, Sword-Sworn at his Side, ‘Gainst the Dark the King’s Battle is fought. 
From the Heavens high, to the Blessed below, Shines the Beam of a Peace long besought. 
Long live thy Line and these Stones divine, For the Night When All comes to Naught.
(Origin of the Stars: Excerpt from Chapter 15:2)

Meaning: The evil that Gods and men have struggled to eliminate, will once again threaten the world. The gods left the Ring of Light to the King of Men with an order. Defend the ring and the crystal until the crystal chooses a King to save the world from the coming disaster.

Deamons — Demons of the Dark

Dangerous monsters that inhabit areas where the sun does not reach. During the evening, appear out in the open but tend to avoid bright urban areas. Many scientists believe the increase in deamons and longer nights in recent years are related.

Meteor — The Meteorite that fell during Ancient Times

A huge meteor that fell during ancient times. Though thousands of years have passed, it still radiates tremendous heat. It is said the meteor broke into pieces when it was caught by a god. Exernis power plant in Lestallum converts heat from the meteor fragments into electricity. For this reason, many have a favorable view of the meteor.

The meteor is visible as giant spires in Cauthess. At night, the glow of the burning meteor can be seen.

The craters in the Duscae region are believed to have been made when the meteor fell as well as many of the areas where water turned into ponds.

Spoiler

Territory of Tenebrae

Tenebrae, Oracle, The Palace

A Formerly Small Country Now Ruled By The Empire

Tenebrae, home of the Oracle where the Nox Flueret family reigns, whom have a good relationship with the Kingdom of Lucis. Twelve years ago, after an attack from Niflheim led by General Glauca, Silva (Luna’s mother) died and the palace fell under control of the empire.

Oracle — Holy Woman Connecting God and Men

Holy woman responsible for telling people the will of the gods. According to legend, the first oracle received her power from the Gods. Devoted to serving the people, the Oracle prays for those suffering, healing their sickness to keep them safe from beasts and daemons.

Former Territory of Tenebrae Location Guide
Funestala Palace

Home of the Nox Flueret family where the Oracle lives. Located high in the mountains, serves as a bridge connecting several areas, Noctis stayed here in his youth to receive medical treatment while suffering a serious injury.

Spoiler

Kingdom of Lucis

The Crystal, Ring of Light (Lucis), Magic Barriers, The Old Wall, Magic, The Ring's Magic, Power of Former Kings

The Crystal — Magical Source of Kingdom’s Defense

A crystal with enormous magical power. Produced by the stars 2000 years ago, given to the then King by the Gods. Rather than being able to use the crystals true power, Kings of Lucis have the responsibility of protecting the crystal. Additionally, the crystal selects the “Chosen King” when disaster comes to the world, and 15 years ago, the crystal chose Noctis. Niflheim seeks the power of the crystal and attacks Insomnia during the ceasefire ceremony, stealing it.

Ring of Light — Mark of King and Source of Their Magic Power

Symbol of the line of Lucis Kings where the souls of previous kings live. While anyone can wear and use the power of the crystal, unworthy people are burned up instantly. Believed to be gifts from the Gods, the crystal and ring work together.

Magic Barriers — Kingdom of Lucis Defense System

The barrier covering Insomnia preventing attacks from enemies. It was built 150 years after Lucis was defeated during the war with Niflheim. There is a limit to the power the King of Lucis can use for the barrier making it impossible to balance the size and strength of the barrier.

The Last Line of the Defense “The Original Magic Wall”

Stone statues defending kingdom that also serve as coffins to hold the soul of a dead king. 12 statues built in the Kingdom of Insomnia 2000 years ago that overwhelm attackers once activated.

Magic — The Mystical Power of the Royal Family

Mystical power used by the royal family. Includes elemental power of Fire, Ice and Thunder that can be collected in various places. Originally only usable by the royal family, magic can be collected in flasks and used by others in a similar manner. Items like potions and elixirs gain their healing power from Noctis’s growing ability.

For the King Only “The Ring’s Magic”

Those who wear the Ring are able to use stronger magic. More powerful than conventional elemental magic that consumes enormous magical power when used.

Power of Former Kings — Ability Passed To The New King

The power passed to the new king by the souls of former kings. This power refers to the weapons of former kings, enshrined in tombs scattered throughout the world. Although most of the tombs are located in Lucis, some were built elsewhere. This power is the weapon of choice for the kings. When combined with the power of the crystal, this power can destroy the Starscourge.

SN: Collecting this power is a mission of the king. Gaining power over the tomb in each region extremely increases Noctis’s power.

Edited by Aranea Highwind

FFXV6

Final Fantasy XV’s shipment and digital sales have exceeded six million units, Square Enix confirmed today. Since launching on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on November 29th 2016, Final Fantasy XV went on to ship five million units on day one.

On January 24th, the Moogle Chocobo Carnival will be available in Altissia. The city will host this event for a limited time so remember to download the Holiday Pack (Free version) and/or the Holiday Pack+ (Paid) to get access to the carnival!

http://www.finalfantasy.net/xv/final-fantasy-xv-shipment-digital-sales-exceeds-million-units/

That's great news for FFXV. Though I did get the Holiday Pack DLC and stuff, I am enjoying the hell out of FFXV and exploring the world and doing sidequests and hunts to pass the time for future updates to the game. So I may or may not attend the Carnival event on the 24th of January.

Question though, should I play other games while waiting for the future updates to FFXV? I know people are complaining about the game having lack of content, but I am enjoying the game so far yet I feel it needs more content and stuff. So should I stop playing FFXV for awhile until the updates?

Edited by MMX20
Wanting to add more stuff to original post

Hajime Tabata: I’m in the middle of working on Final Fantasy XV’s update. I’m also taking on the challenge of a great expansion that hasn’t been made public yet.

Unknown if he is referring to another expansion for FF XV that hasn't been announced or an entirely different project.

Final Fantasy XV will see a lot of changes here in the coming months, with talks of updates alongside its fully detailed Season Pass. In the latest issue of Famitsu, director Hajime Tabata speaks at length about the game’s reception as well as a few words on the game’s story-focused and multiplayer downloadable content.

At this point Tabata and his team are focused on improving the scale and comfort in the latter part of Final Fantasy XV. Fans can expect even more information on these changes – detailed in a lengthy roadmap – and when they’ll be made available soon.

On the content front, Tabata says they’re planning to add in time-limited mob hunts based on enemies from the original story as DLC. He’s also heard fans say they’d like to travel with some of the minor characters such as Iris and Aranea so they’re exploring a solution for that approach as well.

In 2017 Final Fantasy XV will see an online expansion pack of sorts – the foundation of which includes multiplayer. Tabata would like to include characters other than Noctis, Ignis, Gladiolus and Prompto in this feature. They’re also planning to add in an avatar system – which won’t just be exclusive to the multiplayer as the team is currently investigating how to include it in the main scenario. Perhaps in the main story the avatar character will join your companions but only their appearance will change.

As for story DLC, the three separate paid pieces of content focusing on Noctis’ friends, Tabata says the team would like to make sure their story changes depending on how you play. Of course, this won’t have any bearing on the game’s main quest.

Tabata says he’d also like to release VR content for the game as there are many things he’d like to do with it. He can’t speak on the timing yet though, so please look forward to it.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/01/tabata-talks-final-fantasy-xv-multiplayer-dlc-avatar-creation-system/

Edited by Aranea Highwind

Awesome. Seems like Tabata is working on something for the game like an expansion pack. Hmm... Is it okay for me to put my playing of FFXV on hold until they add more content to the game? I am thinking of playing other games while SE is working on updating the game. Don't get me wrong and I know I said this before, I am loving the game but I feel like I should have waited until they added more stuff to the game, it has a lot of content, just saying, but I need more content to fuel my gaming spirit.

So in the meantime, I will be playing other games while waiting for the FFXV updates.

11 hours ago, MMX20 said:

Awesome. Seems like Tabata is working on something for the game like an expansion pack. Hmm... Is it okay for me to put my playing of FFXV on hold until they add more content to the game? I am thinking of playing other games while SE is working on updating the game. Don't get me wrong and I know I said this before, I am loving the game but I feel like I should have waited until they added more stuff to the game, it has a lot of content, just saying, but I need more content to fuel my gaming spirit.

So in the meantime, I will be playing other games while waiting for the FFXV updates.

There's nothing wrong with waiting. I mean it's your game, you can do whatever you like with it. I bought the game on day one and I haven't even touched it yet. I probably won't until they stop updating it. I'm sure the game is all well and good as it is now, even with its problems, but if it's going to be better a year or so down the line, then it makes sense to hold off until then. At least to me. I have no shortage of other games to play in the meantime and I'd rather play the complete version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2017 at 2:19 AM, MMX20 said:

Next update for the game will have a monster encyclopedia. Can't wait for that. 

Wait, really? That'll be awesome.  No seriously, I like to see the monsters I killed in an encyclopedia.  Hopefully when they give us it, that it'll count for those already killed.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah. Congratulations to FFXV. :D

Still, the thought of it ending if it sold less than 6 million was scary. If it didn't do well in sales, the series may have ended for good. So glad it didn't end up happening. With FFXV now a success *Despite some flaws and bugs which will be worked on this year*, it's safe to say that FF will continue to be the RPG series almost everyone adores. And to the haters who think FFXV is a bad game and should have failed... I have to say...

SUCK  IT, HATERS! xD

So who knows, maybe FF16 will surprise us with even more good things and a battle system or something.

On 1/7/2017 at 0:20 AM, Valyrious said:

Looks like there's a new glitch where you can explore the Niflheim Empire area.

It's a cool teaser, and quite possibly an unlockable area for the future DLC, but... why are people wishing this was finished in the game?

Do people even realize the story suffered in favour of the open world exploration that's already in the game? Can you imagine how much more the story would have suffered if they wasted resources on polishing that area? 

I get it, running around in an open world is fun... but I'd rather a 10/10 blockbuster linear story than an open world game with a Destiny story. Maybe that's just me though.

thats blasphemy that is the one thing i always wanted back in final fantasy and a big reasn i seriously didnt like 10-13 was they stripped out the world in place of a world where if u rubberband the joystick forward eventually u will see the end credits