Anyone else dislike summer?

u2mad_Bro

I like the summer for the most part. I do not enjoy the extremely muggy days which can sometimes feel like walking into a brick wall.

The good thing about North Carolina if you don't like the weather just wait a day or two and it will change.

The good thing about North Carolina if you don't like the weather just wait a day or two and it will change.

The same can be said about East Tennessee.

I personally long for the days of summer where I didn't have to work.  Then again, I haven't a full week's vacation in 3 years so I'd long for that situation in any season really.

Pros:

- Con Season

- E3

- Rain/Thunderstorms

- Swimming

- Watermelon

- No holidays forcing me to be around my family without consent

- Falling asleep with the fan blowing

- Extended daylight

- I can comfortably wear dresses

Cons:

- It's hooooot (and hella humid where I live)

- Children are not in school

- Mother fucking cicadas

- Higher electric bill

- Sweating

Gotta say I don't mind summer.

Edited by Bucknerd

I hate summer.

it's too hot to wear sweaters and sometimes you have to wear shorts, which I don't like.

The weather always causes me migraine.

I hate getting sweaty when I go outside.

I love wearing shorts. Not having to wear my winter clothes is one of my favorite parts of summer. No one expects me to wear a coat or tie in the summer. Polo and slacks, shorts and tshirts are the best part of summer.

Nah, I enjoy checking out all these cleavages around, also yoga pants and mini shorts  :eyebrow:

^ This guy knows what's up.

Ot: I'm a winter person, the only advantage for me are the eye candies mentioned above. Other than that, too much damn heat.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

I moved to Spain so I get more out of my summers and currently live a one minute walk from the beach. Coming from England, I basically would get very little in the way of warmth and sunshine. Now I get guaranteed sunshine for most of the year. 

People over here are definitely happier with their way of life compared to those that live back home and I think the sun plays a major part in that. Fiesta nearly everyday :) 

^ This guy knows what's up.

Ot: I'm a winter person, the only advantage for me are the eye candies mentioned above. Other than that, too much damn heat.

Brother from another mother  :pimp: 

I can't stand too much heat either but I love sun. It is definetely better than gloomy rainy stupid weather

• Like 1

I love summer. I need the sun as it helps bring me out of my shell whereas during winter I'm miserable as sin. The problem I do have though is hayfever. It always starts between the 12-14th of June and lasts for 6-8 weeks so that's the bulk of my summer in stupendous, near suicide misery too.

So I both like and dislike summer.

You can anyway =D I will pretend I never knew about it :awesome:

Sounds like we got a deal. I only need those grinding trophies left for platinum but can't get the mindset to play it any longer ( absolutely have no idea why ) 

Told you xD

will surpass your comp rate on driveclub though  :pimp:

Edited by MilanYildirim

Brother from another mother  :pimp: 

I can't stand too much heat either but I love sun. It is definetely better than gloomy rainy stupid weather

:highfive:

Winter here is purely snow and rain comes in spring/summer xD Screw the logic. But yeah if it was rainy I'd definitely go for summer, especially when you take driving into account.

• Like 1

Advise to you from a university staff member: try to find a job at your university. If you're a grad student, your best bet is to find a graduate assistantship, but if those are scarce, you can always get a regular student worker position. If you're not sure how to find one of these jobs, go to your university library and ask for help. :) You can also ask your advisor or your teachers who you should contact for help getting a job. Most universities have a dedicated staff member who helps students look for jobs (not only on campus -- they help with all job searches).

Otherwise, to answer your question, I am generally okay with summer since there aren't many students on campus (meaning less work and less stress for me!), but I live in a really, really hot area and I hate having to deal with 100-120 degree temperatures on a regular basis.

I hate summer because I hate the heat. Yeah women are wearing more revealing clothing, but I could care less about that when my face and balls are simmering in sweat.

We don't get snow so winter isn't bad at all, plus I love rainy and chilly overcast days.

Edited by -Dark Mark-
  • Like 1