Anyone else dislike summer?

u2mad_Bro

It depends on where you live. I live in ireland which is known for having rubbish weather, so I love summer here as it actually gets above 18C degrees , with a few mid 20's and the odd day where we have sun (which is a miracle day). However, I hate the roasting hot summers in Asia and the US. I have spent summers in Japan, Arizona, LA, Florida, Kenya and Singapore and felt like dying. Being brought up in a cool weather country, such intense heat kills me. I'm also one of those weirdos who hates the sun and hence covers up more and wears both a hat and sunglass to protect my skin. Autumn and Spring are my favourites. 

5 minutes ago, Terra said:

I love and hate summer because the warm weather keeps me away from my games almost all the time. 

That's what handhelds were invented for B)

If the weather keeps getting better like this, then I'll just play exclusively on my Switch until September comes around. In the sun, with a cold cocktail...

Edited by BillyHorrible

26 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

That's what handhelds were invented for B)

If the weather keeps getting better like this, then I'll just play exclusively on my Switch until September comes around. In the sun, with a cold cocktail...

I do enjoy lounging on my porch and playing my Vita on a warm day. I don't get that experience when I stay inside 

• Like 2

I always loved the summer. Going on holiday, the warm weather. But the ironic part is, everybody said for the last 10 years that climate change isn't that bad. But now we notice it, where i live it was over 30 degrees all the time last week. And because i sleep and game in the attic my summer isn't that fun because if i want to play it is an actual exercise. On a warm day it is over 32 degrees in there all day long

Summer is awesome and I love it but it's too short.

Also, in the area where I live we've barely seen the sun this summer and feels like we're getting less and less warm weather every year. It was snowing here 3 weeks ago, now it's mostly cloudy and rainy, which is depressing.

• 1 month later...

Considering I can go up 5000 feet on a mountain in winter, in a skivvy, jeans and a pair of gumboots and still complain of being hot on a clear day while everyone else is wearing full mountain gear, I think it's safe to say I prefer winter.
Sadly I don't live near that mountain and I live in a temperate, somewhat humid country and do not find the winter satisfyingly cold. I spend it in a t-shirt while others wear coats. Anything above 20 Celsius (especially with humidity) and I start to experience minor heatstroke symptoms. Anything above 25 and I can experience full-on heatstroke if I'm not careful.
I don't know why I'm like this... I was born and raised here, but it is too hot for me. I will literally spend summer in little to no clothing, laying on an ice pack in front of a fan or two. It's too hot to move, sleep or even play games for me. I also have Photophobia... (light sensitivity) and hate the bright sun of summer. I prefer overcast days, which are more common in winter, as they do not hurt my eyes. So I loathe summer with a passion. It's only good for ocean swimming, of which I'd only get to do a couple of times, so it's not worth it.
I dream of living somewhere cold year round.

I used to LOVE summer.  It's my birthday season, summer movies, great weather... but I moved to a tourist town around freshman year of high school, and in the near decade since, I've grown to hate summer due to the influx of tourists.  It makes everything busy and a pain to do.  

• Like 1