Kill Your Completion (Event finished)

I'm still here by the way, just haven't had time to update. I got through most of the first chapter of the Raven on day 1, but didn't get any done yesterday. I was going to make progress at work, but PS Now doesn't seem to want to work for me so I'll have to wait until tonight when I get home.

Plus this game really doesn't want to give you trophies. It reminds me of that vending machine at work that always steals and eats your money because the snacks get stuck on the prongs and refuse to fall. I feel like I've been shaking the trophy vending machine and yelling "Come on already, just drop some trophies on me."

It's called "kill your completion", not "buff your completion"!

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 2

It doesn't help that I'm the type who tends to explore every inch of a level in search of secrets. If there are multiple paths, I'll usually backtrack and check out the alternate routes as well.

I totally do this too.

The best/worst, is when you head down one path, see that it goes a bit, so you turn and head down the other path, figuring that's where the collectible or whatnot is. Then after like 2 minutes you realize you are now on the correct path, and have to backtrack all the way back to the first tunnel again. You get there, turn one extra corner, and find like money or ammo and Not something important. :/

• Like 1

L67aa32.png

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Day 2

Trophies: 3/54

I put a few more hours into Castlevania: LoS yesterday and almost made it to the end of Chapter 2 as well as tripled my trophy count to a whopping 3 trophies. I bought some combos, acquired some new items like the grappling hook, and completed a few trials in the levels. I've fought some new enemies such as giant monster spiders. Man do I hate spiders. If they actually existed and I ran across one of these spiders in real life, I'd instantly die from a heart attack.  :)

Oh great. Did you have to write this? :angry:  I started LoS myself back in 2014 and just put it back on my PoS after finishing the first level and now I have to read that the following parts will contain giant monster spiders. Eeven though I know they aren't real I dislike giant spiders in videogames, too. 

As a kid I was even afraid to finish the Deku Tree in Zelda: Ocarina of Time as I knew that the boss was a giant spider. And then those Skulltulas...  :S 

But still nice to read this. I just had to put the OST in my playlist. ^_^

• Like 1

It's called "kill your completion", not "buff your completion"!

Or if you are effdeegee it could be called "kill your profile with horrible games"! I want more Deadliest Catch updates.  ;)

Don't feel like having a post with all kinds of quotes so:

@Hemiak: Haha, I've already done that exact thing a couple of times. Once it was a lousy health fountain that I didn't even need and the other was a scroll which aren't required for any trophies. I didn't mind that one as much since I like finding everything I can even if it's not needed for trophies. I keep going down one path looking for secrets and then start second guessing myself because the path seems to keep going forever. The worst was when I stopped going down a tunnel, decided to try the other path first only to hit a checkpoint and finish the level out of nowhere. Had to replay the entire chapter to go back and finish searching that 1st path I took.

@Crimson Idol: Sorry about that. I've only seen them in that 1 level so far and they aren't in the next few stages. Maybe we'll get lucky and they only make that 1 appearance. I'm sure they'll return though.  :(

Did you ever finish Ocarina of Time? I feel your pain though. I don't like spiders and spider webs but I'm absolutely terrified of snakes. If I see one in real life, I usually end up running away as fast as I can and look like a small child crying for their mommy. Then can't sleep good that night due to fear of having nightmares of one crawling all over me. Getting shivers right now just thinking about it. :unsure:  

Game #2: Flame Over

Final Review

Total playtime: about eight hours (of which about half an hour in tutorial)

Main 'story' completed at around seven hours of playtime, including tutorial

Trophies: 25/36

Snip

Good show, the majority of people don't even give it a chance, hence the UR plat.

Keep the posts coming you beautiful people, I love reading them.  I would contribute to the thread more, but work (finally) you know.  Oh, and Rachp13 my thoughts are with you are and yours, come back when you can  <3  <3 .

Edited by delboy_rules
  • Like 4

@Crimson Idol: Sorry about that. I've only seen them in that 1 level so far and they aren't in the next few stages. Maybe we'll get lucky and they only make that 1 appearance. I'm sure they'll return though.  :(

Did you ever finish Ocarina of Time? I feel your pain though. I don't like spiders and spider webs but I'm absolutely terrified of snakes. If I see one in real life, I usually end up running away as fast as I can and look like a small child crying for their mommy. Then can't sleep good that night due to fear of having nightmares of one crawling all over me. Getting shivers right now just thinking about it. :unsure:  

Maybe there will be a big spider boss you have to kill? :ninja:

I never finished Ocarina. I stopped right before the Shadow Temple as that contained those big hands that dropped from the ceiling, grabbed Link and brought him back to the entrance. Too scary for little old me back then. That part about the snakes sounds really uncomfortable. I hope it's not common for the area where you live to meet a wild snake...

I enjoyed playing this game but I'm glad to go on to the next game. 

Me too. I will totally not nag you with questions. I promise.  :angel:

I only just now realized that I'm supposed to start a new game in 9 hours. Where the hell is the time going? I'm looking forward to starting Ico, and hopefully the wife enjoys it and I get a solid amount of time to play it.

Edit:just took a look at the lists and only just now realized Stalker is playing both Ico and Echochrome as well. Damn, I didn't know we had 3/10 games in common. :highfive:

Edited by Hemiak

A bit of sad news.

Mesopithecus had a family issue and has to step back. She might rejoin us in a week or so, but for the meantime don't expect any updates.

Going back through the thread and I just noticed this post. Hate to hear that and my thoughts are with you. Hope the situation gets better if possible or you are at least doing okay. 

I only just now realized that I'm supposed to start a new game in 9 hours. Where the hell is the time going? I'm looking forward to starting Ico, and hopefully the wife enjoys it and I get a solid amount of time to play it.

Edit:just took a look at the lists and only just now realized Stalker is playing both Ico and Echochrome as well. Damn, I didn't know we had 3/10 games in common. :highfive:

No kidding, time seems to be flying by. I'm just now getting into Castlevania and want to keep playing but we only have a few hours left. I knew we had Helldivers and Echochrome in common but I forgot about Ico being on your list. I remember thinking about possibly changing one of those games because we had multiple games in common but I'm glad I left Helldivers in there for the co-op. It'll be interesting to see if we have different thoughts on Ico or Echochrome.

• Like 1

Good show, the majority of people don't even give it a chance, hence the UR plat.

If it helps, I'm not much of a completionist so that platinum trophy was pretty much out of the question from the get-go for me. I do try to give tough games more of a chance these days though, which is why I managed to defeat the second boss in Bloodborne just before starting this crazy month.

Glad I gave Flame Over a chance, it got better in the end.

Starting with Yakuza 4 tomorrow. Of all my games, this is the one I know the least about (don't think I ever even saw some gameplay or screenshots), yet I somehow keep thinking that it will be just my kind of thing if only I'd start it up...

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 2

Wait wait wait... you guys are starting 10 games and leaving them incomplete on purpose?

Well, I'd you can finish it in 3 days then that's OK. And I'm sure most people will go back and complete some of them when the event ends.

It's basically just a way to experience a wider variety of games in a month than most of us usually play.

• Like 1

I kept getting sidetracked with different things most of today so I haven't played much Castlevania. I'm ready to sit down and see how far I can get in the final 3-4 hours before it's time to switch games. I'll post my final thoughts on the game tomorrow morning. 

Wait wait wait... you guys are starting 10 games and leaving them incomplete on purpose?

Hemiak and Markus already gave some good answers but I wanted to add that for me, this is a great way to get some work done on my backlog. The games I don't know anything about are the last being picked when I figure out what game to play next, this way those games have a fair shot. Seeing as I'm two out of two with games I actually enjoyed, I think it's a good thing :-)

Already decided that if Hemiak is going to do another one in August, I'll try to get in as wel. After that I shouldn't have a single game left which I don't know anything about but still want to play. Then I can use the rest of the year to finish* those games I couldn't completely play through during the month :-)

* I mean finish the story, not necessarily 100% the entire game.

• Like 3

Not everyone cares that much about completion ;)

It's not about the completion itself, it's about starting 10 games almost at the same time and not enoying any of them completely, don't let my completion fool you, i started cleaning my profile this year, it was a mess haha