Kill Your Completion (Event finished)

I'm not quoting people because you're all following anyways and I'm on my phone.

I actually have no threads I follow, I just check the My Content page regularly :-)

If either of you want to race against my horrible times, the alt account is BStalk71. I'll try checking it later today but if I forget, just let me know you've sent it a FR and I'll go accept it. If you just want to race against my normal times (a lot of those are easily beatable as well) feel free to send one to my main account too. If you have a large friend list and several have played the game, beating 50 records can go quicker than you think since you can beat several records in 1 race. The badge of having your record withstand 50 challenges is probably the one that will require some boosting.

As for Demon's Souls, it's probably not a great game for this event since it requires a lot of time to really get into. I included it just because Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls II have been sitting in my backlog forever and I really want to play the series. Figured this event might motivate me to finally start the game and then I'll go back and fully invest the time needed once the event is over.

I've sent both a request, thanks.

These days may be good to casually try out a game like Bloodborne or one of the Souls, just remember that they'll get better once you put more hours into them.

@Billy, shame you're staring SSX off the bat. I think it would be fun to post our experiences near the same time. Looking forward to your updates.

I thought you said somewhere that you were going to check if you could do SSX at the same time as me but now I can't find that post so I must have imagined it :-)

I could do SSX some other day if you want. I don't want to do it on spot 9 though, I've got some stuff those days that might make me very cranky so I might not be in the mood for comparison reviewing. Any other three day period you could place it in that is only weekdays?

As for all people feeling anxious to start, I'd like to begin as well. I'm going to do the final chapters of Uncharted 4 now and then I'll post my real starting percentage here. If I'm still up at midnight (likely, seeing as I probably have a chapter or two to four to go in Uncharted and it's half past nine here), I will just begin on my first game. If Hemiak and I can find a date to play SSX at the same time, I'll quickly swap it for something else.

Are any of the Helldivers DLC worth getting?

/shrug. I haven't done any research in the DLCs. Several are just new characters or weapons, but it looks like two of them actually have trophies of their own and maybe some new enemies and such. I'm just playing what ps+ gave me.

Ive just been playing TFTB with my wife, I'll probably finish it tonight and then maybe work on Trine 2 while she's up. I've also been working on Doom 3 when she falls asleep. I apparently hit level 27 on Tuesday, knew I was close but totally missed it. I'm also pushing 73.5% completion now, which is almost 1.5% higher than when I posted this thing. It'll be interesting to see how much this affects everyone.

Edit: @Billy - I probably did say that, but I'm hoping to catch the end of the Helldivers war, so I'm starting with that. You could put SSX anywhere but 1, 4, or 5, and I'll match your spot. 4 and 5 are when I'm out of town, so I have games chosen that I can play around my wife and my mom and her husband (Tempted to put The Evil Within there). Also, I don't know if I'll be able to connect the system to the Internet, so I don't want to plan something like SSX then either.

Edited by Hemiak

In part on PMs, Hemiak and I have put SSX as number 7 on our lists.

So my list will now be:

1. July 1-3: Tropico 5
2. July 4-6: Flame Over
3. July 7-9: Yakuza 4
4. July 10-12: ZOMBI
5. July 13-15: Chariot
6. July 16-18: Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2
7. July 19-21: SSX
8. July 22-24: Grid Autosport
9. July 25-27: Mousecraft
10. July 28-30: Nova-111

I was in doubt between putting Tropico on 1 or Yakuza, but in the end I wanted something where I didn't have to be all too careful since I want to be able to chill this weekend. Yakuza can probably better be done when I have a whole saturday to myself, with a game like Tropico I'll probably want to do something else in between anyways, like DOOM or a SNES game.

• Like 1

I almost can't believe it, but I managed to get some gaming time in last night and scored my first trophy in 10 days. :jaymon:

I won't do any gaming tonight, so my official completion before the start of the event is 79.91%.

I'll probably go easy on the gaming tomorrow, as it's Canada's birthday, a National, statutory holiday, a friday and I've been paid 4 times in a 10 day span and all of my bills are paid; yeah, I'm gonna be a tad busy. :D

Canada_flag.jpg

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 2

It's midnight for me now. Finished the Uncharted 4 story almost an hour ago but I'm lapping up some of the easy trophies I missed before I get rid of the game again. Will definitely play this some time down the road with a walkthrough to experience all the optional dialogue and get all other collectables while I'm at it.

Okay, updated my profile and here are my final stats before the event.

Completion percentage: 52,79%

Trophies won: 4.835

Unearned trophies: 3.796

Games played: 244

Edited to add unearned trophies, saw that more people were writing down that one but I didn't want to add it in a review post, here with the rest seemed best.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Still another 4 hours and 30 minutes until midnight for me. Not going to be doing any other gaming before the event so guess my completion rate is as high as it'll be for a while.  :(

Official Completion Rate: 88.72%

I've sent both a request, thanks.

Accepted both. Hope you enjoy the game when you start on it. 

Edited by MStalker58

I'm currently at 74,25% (platted GoW Chains of Olympus, so it went up a bit). I'll start up Far Cry Classic shortly.

Have fun everyone (when you lot get started) :) .

Just saw that in the OP, my game is Midnight Club LA? Which wasn't on my list :P .

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

The joy of being on Pacific time means the event still has another 7 hours or so to start for me  :facepalm:

In the meantime, I'm playing A Boy and His Blob on the Vita under my US account.  As I won't be playing on my main account before the day is out my official counts stands as follows:

Completion: 93.96%

Trophies: 5,673

Unearned: 246

I'm currently at 74,25% (platted GoW Chains of Olympus, so it went up a bit). I'll start up Far Cry Classic shortly.

Have fun everyone (when you lot get started) :) .

Just saw that in the OP, my game is Midnight Club LA? Which wasn't on my list :P .

Yup, I figured out what my problem with Crimson's list was earlier. I was getting the two of you confused because I'm terrible at avatars and yours are (barely) similar. TBF, I'm on my phone, and I usually don't look that close anyway.

I believe the OP should now be correct and everyone should have the correct 1st game listed. If it's good cool, if there's a problem let me know and I'll take another stab at it.

I also fixed the completion for everyone who posted recently (except Rach which I'll fix in a bit.) I also moved Dragons Dogma to be my 5th game so I'd play it the same time as her. I haven't updated my completion yet, as I'll probably earn the TFTB Plat well before midnight.

@Stalker - got home, had dinner, decided to see if there was a Helldivers patch while I was playing board games with the kids. Sure enough, 2.7gb. :( You might want to get that going if you haven't already.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 4

@Stalker - got home, had dinner, decided to see if there was a Helldivers patch while I was playing board games with the kids. Sure enough, 2.7gb. :( You might want to get that going if you haven't already.

Well f@ck me. I was so busy downloading my other games that I totally forgot about checking for Helldivers patches. Got to love when the patch size is just as large as the entire original game download size. Oh great, it appears this is 1 of 4 updates as well. Joy.  :(

Hope those other patches are smaller. My internet has been acting up lately and going pretty slow. Downloading now but not sure if it'll finish in time for us to try playing tonight. Let's hope so, because I was really excited to start. 

Well f@ck me. I was so busy downloading my other games that I totally forgot about checking for Helldivers patches. Got to love when the patch size is just as large as the entire original game download size. Oh great, it appears this is 1 of 4 updates as well. Joy.  :(

Hope those other patches are smaller. My internet has been acting up lately and going pretty slow. Downloading now but not sure if it'll finish in time for us to try playing tonight. Let's hope so, because I was really excited to start. 

I started it just before I posted that, and I just checked and it's already done.  After like 30 min it was still at 47%, but then it seems to have sped up a bit.

Since everyone is posting his stats here's mine.

Games Played: 75

Completion: 39,75%

Unearned Trophies: 1717

Hemiak you mixed up my completion with my average rarity :giggle:

fixed. :facepalm:

I started it just before I posted that, and I just checked and it's already done.  After like 30 min it was still at 47%, but then it seems to have sped up a bit.

I checked a few minutes ago and it was somewhere around 40%. Hopefully mine speeds up like that soon. 

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Completed the first chapter right now and only missed one Enigma Code thingy. I think I know where I missed it but I couldn't go back.

I'm at seven trophies right now and allready lost 0,45% completion.

I'm normally not the shooter type but so far this game is interesting. I never played a Wolfenstein game before so it's totally new for me.

It's very nice that you see the collectibles on the map after killing a general stealthy. This way I will try to find them alone without a guide.

More will come later when I have played more. My goal is to reach at leat chapter 5 or 6 if all chapters are as long as the first one. If not I try to get to chapter 8 or 10.

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 4

Well it's midnight for me, but my wife is still awake. I'll probably just fire it up and play the tutorial, then call it a night.

I finished TFTB and earned several trophies in Trine 2. Which has been sitting on my profile for a month. That puts me at 73.67% completion.

Edit: I am now a fully trained Helldivers private. One trophy earned. Shit just got real. 73.13% (-. 54%)

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 3

As long as we're all switching games to line up with each other:

4. July 10-12: Mousecraft
  9. July 25-27: ZOMBI

Now I also have ZOMBI together with Mesopithecus. Thanks to some IRL stuff, I don't know how good my mood is during 25-27 though.

Sorry Markus, already opened Tropico 5 and only now I see that you're doing it as well. I only played a little bit but it doesn't seem right to switch games after having already started on one of them.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

10:10pm here and just playing through some challenge levels on A Boy and His Blob....will learn my lesson after this and not play 2D puzzle platformers, this is OK but way too long for what it is.  I felt the same about Teslagrad and Dokuro.

Looking forward to starting Rainbow Moon though, eagerly waiting for midnight and then may play up to an hour to see what I think :)

Don't forget to put what game you're playing at the start of your post ^_^

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 1

As long as we're all switching games to line up with each other:

4. July 10-12: Mousecraft
  9. July 25-27: ZOMBI

Now I also have ZOMBI together with Mesopithecus. Thanks to some IRL stuff, I don't know how good my mood is during 25-27 though.

Sorry Markus, already opened Tropico 5 and only now I see that you're doing it as well. I only played a little bit but it doesn't seem right to switch games after having already started on one of them.

I have Tropico 5 as my second game so no big deal.

10:10pm here and just playing through some challenge levels on A Boy and His Blob....will learn my lesson after this and not play 2D puzzle platformers, this is OK but way too long for what it is.  I felt the same about Teslagrad and Dokuro.

Looking forward to starting Rainbow Moon though, eagerly waiting for midnight and then may play up to an hour to see what I think :)

Don't forget to put what game you're playing at the start of your post ^_^

Edited my post. Totally forgot to write my game. Probably because I knew what I was playing :hmm:

• Like 1

There's an hour until the event stars in my time zone, but I'll try to start playing Guacamelee! tomorrow in the midday. I'll post the stats I have before the start of the event.

Completion: 76.68%

Trophies: 6,143

Unearned Trophies: 2,970

I felt the same with Dokuro and ABAHB. Both games are nice to play but only when you play them in small portions. At the end I was rather fed up with Blob. Especially the levels where you had to use the bouncing ball were annoying as hell. :(

And as everyone is posting his/her stats, I'm doing too, but as I will play some games parallel it won't reflect the real differences:

Completion: 71.68%

Trophies: 6,736

Unearned: 3,764

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

Update on Far Cry Classic - Day 1

Hours played: around 2

Started the game, after 10 seconds into it I already disliked it, as the controls seemed wonky as hell . It seems though, that itt must have been the controller I used at that time, as I later used a different one (which was charging at the time) and the controls were decent. Turns out controller number 1 must be more battered than I thought (It's 8 years old by now, and has been through extensive Street Fighter IV torture)

Anyway, so far it's kinda meh.

How is everyone else doing so far?

• Like 3