Kill Your Completion (Event finished)

993010-959989_20090911_005.jpg

Progress: 1/12

Ok so I got through chapter one okay, just an issue with the first car chase get somewhat towards the end die only to watch that dumb cutscene 3 times and have to do the whole chase. Other then that smooth sailings. Chapter 2 now this is where I'm really getting pissed off. Keep dying to the second batch of crab robot things but it kicks me all the way back to the start of chapter 2. 4th attempt and my game freezes in the middle of the fight with the first batch of crab robots. Thank God this is a relatively short game or I'd be raging pretty hard already.

Edited by Maddawgmax
  • Like 1

Me and my big mouth, getting into a month long dive...

I now have lying around:

Bloodborne

LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens

And as of today I added:

DOOM

LEGO Marvel's Avengers

Transformers Devastation

I guess this is partly why I decided to do this though. I keep finding new awesome games and I keep ignoring PS+ games I don't know well enough.

Progress: 2/12

I finally got through that second level. It was just the one part I had trouble with I think I did it 10+ times. The funny thing is the last time I blew through it like it was nothing after not being close the other tries.

Edited by Maddawgmax
  • Like 1

Ok so I got through chapter one okay, just an issue with the first car chase get somewhat towards the end die only to watch that dumb cutscene 3 times and have to do the whole chase. Other then that smooth sailings. Chapter 2 now this is where I'm really getting pissed off. Keep dying to the second batch of crab robot things but it kicks me all the way back to the start of chapter 2. 4th attempt and my game freezes in the middle of the fight with the first batch of crab robots. Thank God this is a relatively short game or I'd be raging pretty hard already.

I finally got through that second level. It was just the one part I had trouble with I think I did it 10+ times. The funny thing is the last time I blew through it like it was nothing after not being close the other tries.

Don't forget to add the title of the game you're playing to each update so we all know what game you're talking about.

• Like 1

Game #1: Tropico 5

First day

Total playtime: about an hour and a half

L52dafd.png

Just completed the tutorial, obtaining my first trophy. Here we go...

As I said in my first impressions: nice graphics and music, it's really a relaxing game.

I get the game a bit more now, man there are a lot of options... It's kind of like Sim City but there's enough differences to keep it fresh. I should add that I never got that far in any Sim City except for the first one on the SNES, where my city became a metropolis.

Love some of these jokes they've put in there, like the Plank constant.

My only complaint for now is that many of the texts in the game are way too small to read on a normal position from the tv, I needed to sit much closer (and my eyes are fine, thank you, jerk).

Tomorrow I'll go into the campaign.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 4

Progress: 2/12

Terminator Salvation; oh, the memories. :blink:

There was a few rage inducing spots that made me put down the game for a while. If you need any help, just mention it in one of your posts and I'll catch it. ;)

Anyways, I loaded up Helldivers to play some more today. Saw that Hemiak was online this morning so I jumped into a game with him. At the very start, I was trying to press L1 to look at my stratagems and accidentally hit L2. So, literally the very first thing I did when entering the match was launch a grenade that hit Hemiak right in the face and killed him. Actually, I think it might have killed us both but can't remember. Sorry about that Hemiak.  :facepalm:

LOOL that part made me snort.

"Hey there, buddy! How's it OOPS OH SHIT SORRY!" Poor Hemiak. :lol:

• Like 4

Game #1: Helldivers

Day 1

My day 1 story is very similar to Stalker's. I did the tutorial last night, then went to bed. This morning I had 20 min so I fired it up, customized my character a bit, and started the lowest level I could find. 3 minutes later I was dead. I believe I finished part 1 of 4 for the first objective before being spotted by a scout and quickly overwhelmed by enemies. Tried it again, pretty much the same thing, though I lasted slightly longer. Shut it down for a couple hours.

Fired it back up and went into the mp section. Found a guy who had just started a level 3 (easy) mission. Turns out he was level 25 and knew his shit. I just told him over mic that I was brand new and would be following his lead. 5 seconds later another guy (level 11) joined up. We completed two missions, and then (trumpets blaring) Stalker joined us. :highfive: we did 2 more missions and then I had to take off of for work. I feel like with even the small amount of practice I got its feeling a little more intuitive. Looking forward to playing more tonight.

Edit:@Max - at least two of the character pack DLCs, and both DLC packs that add trophies, ARE included with the ps+ version we got. It lists them right on the main splash page. Just thought you might like to know.

snip

A few answers for questions you didn't ask. :D if you're interested.

The tutorial crap only shows up your first run through the first level I believe. If I does show up its skippable.

Euphoria doesn't grant you bonus points, and it actually costs you the points of all enemies killed by it. You also get a bonus of 50k points for each unused Euphoria at the end of the level. :(

You only get points for enemies killed. You get more points with the lock on if you time your shots to the beat.

You increase your multiplier by getting Perfect Octo Locks. (8 enemies targeted, released on beat) you only lose your multiplier if you miss an Octo lock. Spamming tracer(purple) and locking 1-7 enemies has no affect on your multiplier.

There's a bonus archive(level) called Hope, once you meet certain requirements, which I can't remember right now.

Hope you're having fun, and I couldn't imagine playing it with the move.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 3

Terminator Salvation; oh, the memories. :blink:

There was a few rage inducing spots that made me put down the game for a while. If you need any help, just mention it in one of your posts and I'll catch it. ;)

Well I made it through chapter 3 okay. People were saying the lot of t-600 you have to kill at the end was frustrating but after about 6 tries i figured out to bomb the second one as it comes up the steps and kill it made it much easier,

• Like 1

LOOL that part made me snort.

"Hey there, buddy! How's it OOPS OH SHIT SORRY!" Poor Hemiak. :lol:

Yep, that's pretty much how it happened. There didn't appear to be any fighting going on at the time either, so I couldn't play it off like I was trying to kill some enemies or something. Guess it might have been a good thing that we were away from the combat zone since we had to wait for another teammate to revive/respawn us. Luckily we got revived and carried on like nothing happened and completed the mission.  :)

• Like 2

Woops, my PS+ ran out. Seeing as I have a month of PS+ games planned, I'd better get a new subscription quickly.

Wolfenstein: The New Order

I only managed to play about one hour and only finished chapter 2 and a little part of chapter 3.

I allways thought the Wolfenstein games ar about WW 2 but it seems it's a fictional scenario in which the Germans won.

So far the story is ok but nothing special. Maybe it will get better later on.

As I said before I'm not the shooter type. My enemy and I stood about two or three meters away and I only hit him with my fifth shoot :facepalm:

Apart from that the shooter mechanics are good. I only need to hit. :D

Somehow I get detected after killing a few people stealthy. When this happens it's a bit harder to get through because you have an infinite supply of enemies till you kill the general. But this way it encourages you to be sillent which isn't bad especially when you want all the collectibles.

I'm not often into shooters but I liked Wolfenstein a lot, still need to get that Old Blood game. Won't say I loved the story but it definitely had some charm and I found some parts very well done, like the bit on the train.

Here's hoping DOOM is as awesome as people say it is.

• Like 2

@Hemiak: I just realized that we might have joined the war too late for those specific trophies. Could be wrong but we appear to be attacking the cyborg homeworld which is different than completing all missions on a planet. I somehow jumped into a game where they were playing a planet for one of the factions that have already been defeated in this war. The menu for the planet missions looked a little different and it showed how many missions you had completed on that planet. So, I don't think these current missions will count for those trophies. Oh well.

Update on Far Cry Classic - Day 1

Hours played: around 2

Started the game, after 10 seconds into it I already disliked it, as the controls seemed wonky as hell . It seems though, that itt must have been the controller I used at that time, as I later used a different one (which was charging at the time) and the controls were decent. Turns out controller number 1 must be more battered than I thought (It's 8 years old by now, and has been through extensive Street Fighter IV torture)

Far Cry Classic might be my least favorite game on my profile. Well maybe Heavy Fire Afghanistan but it's definitely among the top few. Tried not judging it too harshly since it's a port of a 12 year old PC game, but I just couldn't get into it. 

Woops, my PS+ ran out. Seeing as I have a month of PS+ games planned, I'd better get a new subscription quickly.

I'm not often into shooters but I liked Wolfenstein a lot, still need to get that Old Blood game. Won't say I loved the story but it definitely had some charm and I found some parts very well done, like the bit on the train.

Haha, yeah having an active PS+ subscription might be a good idea for this event considering that's your entire list.  :)

Agree on Wolfenstein as well. I'm kind of burnt out on FPS but I really enjoyed that game. After playing it, I had the desire to go back and play the original Wolfenstein 3D and I'm really looking forward to the new DOOM once I get a PS4. Hope you end up enjoying the game Markus.

• Like 4

Agree on Wolfenstein as well. I'm kind of burnt out on FPS but I really enjoyed that game. After playing it, I had the desire to go back and play the original Wolfenstein 3D and I'm really looking forward to the new DOOM once I get a PS4. Hope you end up enjoying the game Markus.

At least Wolfenstein made me download the Doom demo xD

@Hemiak: I just realized that we might have joined the war too late for those specific trophies. Could be wrong but we appear to be attacking the cyborg homeworld which is different than completing all missions on a planet. I somehow jumped into a game where they were playing a planet for one of the factions that have already been defeated in this war. The menu for the planet missions looked a little different and it showed how many missions you had completed on that planet. So, I don't think these current missions will count for those trophies. Oh well.

Well, I did a tiny bit of research, just into the specific "annoying" trophies. It looks like we will miss the one you said, about completing a planet In a successful invasion, unless they counterattack and retake a planet. Another is for completing at least one mission when taking an enemy home world, which we should get. The 3rd is for completing one mission when one of the enemies is attacking one or our capital cities, which will actually be easier to earn if we're losing a war. Whatever, this game seems really fun and I won't mind playing it on and off for a long time.

I played Wolfenstein and Doom way back in high school on the PC. I'm not a huge FPS fan, but I'll definitely pick up at least one of the Wolf games when I finally get a ps4. Looking forward to seeing how they've evolved. I've got my weekly paperwork to do, and I always play Jeopardy with my wife, but I'll play Helldivers probably 9 or 930 (central), even if I have to drag the 2nd TV in.

• Like 2

Well, I did a tiny bit of research, just into the specific "annoying" trophies. It looks like we will miss the one you said, about completing a planet In a successful invasion, unless they counterattack and retake a planet. Another is for completing at least one mission when taking an enemy home world, which we should get. The 3rd is for completing one mission when one of the enemies is attacking one or our capital cities, which will actually be easier to earn if we're losing a war. Whatever, this game seems really fun and I won't mind playing it on and off for a long time.

I played Wolfenstein and Doom way back in high school on the PC. I'm not a huge FPS fan, but I'll definitely pick up at least one of the Wolf games when I finally get a ps4. Looking forward to seeing how they've evolved. I've got my weekly paperwork to do, and I always play Jeopardy with my wife, but I'll play Helldivers probably 9 or 930 (central), even if I have to drag the 2nd TV in.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was confused which things counted for which trophies. So we should get 1 of those 2 trophies, that's cool. I'm trying not to look up too much about the game because I'm kind of enjoying this feeling of surprise I'm getting every time a trophy pops. Like you, not too worried about not getting that planet trophy since I'm enjoying the game so far and I'm sure I'll be playing it for a while. My only fear is that it might get repetitive but maybe there's more variety once the war is over and all 3 enemy factions are back on the map. Still, seems like the perfect game to pick up and play a few matches here and there every few days or when taking breaks from other games.

I should be online at that time so hopefully we can team up again. The war was almost over the last time I was on, so we might get to see more of the game with a brand new war starting by that time.

I wanted to get into hell divers with you today but I've been busy plus That terminator game is more annoying than people have given it credit for

Looks like we'll both be playing it on and off for a while so teaming up should be possible whenever you get the chance to play it. 

• Like 2