Kill Your Completion (Event finished)

Well, thanks to someone else not feeling well, my plans for tomorrow fell through which means I have much more time for gaming :-)

I might spend it partially on DOOM on Transformers or Leo though. I've got enough time in Tropico anyways and it might be nice playing some of those big AAA games alongside this monthly activity (and I'll continue playing LEGO with the missus anyway). Also, me starting more new games will give me an even bigger percentage loss :-)

Now, all that's left is the bonus level called the "Hope Archive." Not sure what to expect, but it'll be played before my final review of the game, tomorrow.

have fun with Hope... That is all.

Edit: OK that isn't all. You should at least try to run some of the levels on hard. :)

Extra enemy spawns, about 50% more projectiles, enemies take more damage, and each hit does double damage to you. What's not to love?

About hope. Let's just say that I had gold starred every single level in the game on normal and hard, and hope still took me about 5 tries. DO Not worry about score on Hope, the entire goal is to reach the end.

Edited by Hemiak

have fun with Hope... That is all.

Judging by the incredible drop in trophy rarity, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the Archive's name "Hope" stems from people always hoping that they could at least survive to the end of the level. :hmm:

Game #1 - Tales of Xillia

Haven't been able to play yesterday because of my birthday. but got about 3 hours done today and so far im liking it. Story so far seems alright and the battle system is alright i guess, it's just something getting used to :P but i like it when JRPG's have action based combat so thats a plus. The only thing that throws me off though is the english voice overs. It just sounds horrible, wish there was some kind of way to turn it into Japanese... Oh well.. The graphics are pretty good and im really liking those anime styled cutscenes. That opening though :wub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm-IYaf_hag

Also i bought the Discovery edition and i got about 30 levels extra for that, but now im wondering should i wait using them or should i use them at the start to make my progress faster and easier? Also if i use it will it also work on the party members i haven't gotten yet? Hope so one can answer this :P

I have no idea if it will work for all characters. If you go for the Plat you will eventually need to get all 6 peeps to level 99. The game requires two runs anyways and people usually max out on the 2nd run, so I'd save them either way. Then you can fully experience your first run. If it's 30 levels at any point I'd wait until you hit mid 60s and then use it. :D Not sure it works like that though Edited by Hemiak

Haven't been able to play yesterday because of my birthday. but got about 3 hours done today and so far im liking it. Story so far seems alright and the battle system is alright i guess, it's just something getting used to :P but i like it when JRPG's have action based combat so thats a plus. The only thing that throws me off though is the english voice overs. It just sounds horrible, wish there was some kind of way to turn it into Japanese... Oh well.. The graphics are pretty good and im really liking those anime styled cutscenes. That opening though  :wub:

Also i bought the Discovery edition and i got about 30 levels extra for that, but now im wondering should i wait using them or should i use them at the start to make my progress faster and easier? Also if i use it will it also work on the party members i haven't gotten yet? Hope so one can answer this :P

I just bought Tales of Xillia in the latest sale, so have been looking forward to your updates  :wub:

Also, belated Happy Birthday  :yay:

• Like 1

I have no idea if it will work for all characters. If you go for the Plat you will eventually need to get all 6 peeps to level 99. The game requires two runs anyways and people usually max out on the 2nd run, so I'd save them either way. Then you can fully experience your first run. If it's 30 levels at any point I'd wait until you hit mid 60s and then use it. :D Not sure it works like that though

Alrithg thanks for the info, i'll just wait for the 2nd playthrough then. Yhea i already made a save and tried how it worked any you just instantly gain 30 levels. No matter what level you are. Also with the DLC also game 600.000 Gald. Should i use this now or should i save it as well. Does it carry over into new game + ?

I'm glad I was able to finish the game, I had to work and then went to a party all night so I never would have had a chance to play again until tomorrow. Can't decide if I'll jump into Helldivers or play some Lego Star Wars.

I'm glad I was able to finish the game, I had to work and then went to a party all night so I never would have had a chance to play again until tomorrow. Can't decide if I'll jump into Helldivers or play some Lego Star Wars.

LEGO STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Alrithg thanks for the info, i'll just wait for the 2nd playthrough then. Yhea i already made a save and tried how it worked any you just instantly gain 30 levels. No matter what level you are. Also with the DLC also game 600.000 Gald. Should i use this now or should i save it as well. Does it carry over into new game + ?

I'm not sure anymore if there are things that carry over in a NG+ without any further needs but there's a so-called Grade Shop, which allows to have some special bonuses when playing a new game (e.g. 5x EXP). Grades are earned by acquiring the titles of the characters.

Oh and also a happy belated B-Day from me. :D

[...]That opening though  :wub:

That opening made me actually buy the single. I was surprised about the complete song but I still enjoy it. I also like the opening for Xillia 2 (which I haven't played yet).

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

Haven't been able to play yesterday because of my birthday. but got about 3 hours done today and so far im liking it. Story so far seems alright and the battle system is alright i guess, it's just something getting used to :P but i like it when JRPG's have action based combat so thats a plus. The only thing that throws me off though is the english voice overs. It just sounds horrible, wish there was some kind of way to turn it into Japanese... Oh well.. The graphics are pretty good and im really liking those anime styled cutscenes. That opening though  :wub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm-IYaf_hag

You're going to want to save them. Leveling up is easier in the beginning but dead on and takes longer after Lv.70, I believe. If you're going for the plat later, it helps having those free levels.

• Like 1