Egg glitch patched

KingCuddlez

I've been trying the egg glitch and it has been patched. Does anybody know if it still works when you're joining a player who's gaming on a different console or if you need to beat the game once first or something?

Are you sure of this?

Please elaborate. Which checkpoint is that?

It's in chapter 5-2 right after the first elevator. There's a hallway with lickers and about 5 of them drop a gem which you can sell.

I myself use chapter 3-1 to get money. Right on the first island is a beetle jewel on the right to the door and a ruby on the animal mask to the left. They each give 1.000 and there's a chalice on the chicken island for 2.000 and another beetle to the left of the pier on the pillar. Nets you 5.000 in about 2 or 3 minutes. It's faster and doesn't use up ammo

• Like 1

It's in chapter 5-2 right after the first elevator. There's a hallway with lickers and about 5 of them drop a gem which you can sell.

I myself use chapter 3-1 to get money. Right on the first island is a beetle jewel on the right to the door and a ruby on the animal mask to the left. They each give 1.000 and there's a chalice on the chicken island for 2.000 and another beetle to the left of the pier on the pillar. Nets you 5.000 in about 2 or 3 minutes. It's faster and doesn't use up ammo

Well, ammo is not really a problem after your first playthrough now, is it? Or a you trying to get the money for all the weapons right from the start?

Well, ammo is not really a problem after your first playthrough now, is it? Or a you trying to get the money for all the weapons right from the start?

Yes I am. I know the campaign and want to be well-equipped for the masked Majinis and exactly those lickers.

Yeah, I followed the tutorial to the dot and you can no longer only save Chris' inventory and don't save Sheva's.

There haven't been any patches since the game came out, so you must have done something wrong. I myself used the duplication method last on the 6th to help out a friend. Since the game isn't called: Call of Duty - Black Ops III, I highly doubt that anyone there has the power to release a new update ingame without Sony's approval.

Just make sure to do the following steps correctly:

1. Have at least 1 rotten egg, (duhhhhh.....)

2. Have an online partner you can do this method with (duhhhhhhhhhhh.....)

3. Load up any chapter other than 1-1, 2-3 or 3-3 for obvious reasons.

4. The person that joins the game has to but all the rotten eggs in their inventory, the host goes in with an empty inventory.

5. Start the game and give all the eggs to the host.

6. The "egg donor" leaves the game, without saving the progress (Has to select "No", when the game askes them if they want to save the progress)

7. Now the host leaves the game as well, however they WILL save the progress.

8. Now the person that left first, will have all the eggs back in the inventory. Same goes for the host that now has those rotten eggs too.

Congratulations! You successfully duplicated some rotten eggs...

I've been trying the egg glitch and it has been patched. Does anybody know if it still works when you're joining a player who's gaming on a different console or if you need to beat the game once first or something?

Well this game hasn't had any patches since release so the problem is clearly coming from you.

Capcom is aware of the multiple glitches on RE 5 such as the frame rate drops, partner not being able to upgrade weapons, etc. and are asking people to report any glitches they encounter in the game. A patch will be deployed to fix the multiple issues, but it is unknown when that will happen. I myself did not make use of the egg glitch since i farmed a lot of money by playing on Pro mode.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-5-on-ps4xbox-one-has-multiple-issues/1100-6441567/

There haven't been any patches since the game came out, so you must have done something wrong.

Well this game hasn't had any patches since release so the problem is clearly coming from you.

when it comes to remasters normally they already come with all the previously released ps3's patches and with new fixes that maybe weren't present on the last gen version, they already come included with the game so that's why it says "version: 1.00"

Edited by smellslikejavier

when it comes to remasters normally they already come with all the previously released ps3's patches and with new fixes that maybe weren't present on the last gen version, they already come included with the game so that's why it says "version: 1.00"

Obviously, I only wanted to point out that the egg duplication method works on the PS4 and that there have been no patches, possibly fixing that exploit.

Basically telling King he did something wrong and that he should just try it again.

Can't you do the egg glitch offline with a second controller like on Xbox? You can log in with a second PSN account on your other controller on this gen console unlike the PS3 so does that work too?

If not, could I create a gaming session for taking advantage of the glitch or would that be against the rules? (I'm new and before I do something wrong I thought I'd ask)

The point is though, the exploit still works - patch or not.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I tried doing the glitch with the OP in couch-coop and we couldn't seem to make it work. We had done everything from the various glitch walkthrough videos and it wouldn't save the inventories properly to duplicate the eggs.

I guess we did it wrong seeing as so many of you can do the glitch without problems still.

Should work with someone online. Me and my buddy did it like a couple of weeks ago with rotten eggs. What we did was one make the game the other jumps in unloads all eggs then close app then the host will start game the quite while the other makes new game to invite then repeat. We double up eggs that way really quick and where able to buy everything.  

I have about 100 Rotten eggs left over I can help you with the start off. 

Edited by zombie_ninja_X

• 1 year later...
On 7/8/2016 at 4:40 PM, KingCuddlez said:

your a saint for that licker checkpoint, i dont know why i never thought of that before. ive played re5 on ps3 and beat professional with all S at least 4 times because of bricked ps3s and system crashes losing my saves. so now that im redoing it on ps4 this will save me some time farming treasure. on ps3 i kept playing the temple board which took me forever. i really wasnt looking forward to all that replay on a new system.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Trying to do this with a 2nd account splitscreen style but the 2nd account that joins up shares my inventory. What am I doing wrong?

I start my game, then 2nd account player press option to join, then we end up on the organize buy exit(to start) screen, 2nd player doesnt load into my game even with its save??

I don't think you can do it with a 2nd account splitscreen. I've only done it online with another buddy.

On 11/14/2016 at 10:32 PM, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I was able to still do the egg glitch splitscreen with a second controller and alternate account, same exact method as Jeanmi96 gave

Hey maybe you can enlighten us how you did it splitscreen? A long time ago but maybe you remember...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...