What made you become interested in collecting trophies?

BDJBS_

I don't know if there's already been a post on this topic,but who or what got you into trophy hunting?

For me,I used to only play the same few games when I was younger,which was cod and sports games. Obviously I got bored after a while,so I had to find a new interest which has recently become trophies.

I never really paid that much attention at 1st, they were a new thing and it was interesting to get them pop on the PS3.  I think getting the PS4 and Vita triggered looking deeper and once I found PSNP the stats aspect along with my affinity for collecting things meant it was a natural hobby for me.

Neurotransmitters such as seratonin and dopamine. I perform an in game task, I am rewarded with the trophy that pops. Endorphins are released in my brain and I feel good. Endorphin high goes away, I get more trophies. I hear the ding and see the message that I have earned a trophy, more endorphins are released.

Basically I'm addicted to them.

(My About me section on my profile goes more in depth about how I actually started hunting to get to the point of being addicted. Long story short, competition with my friends led to this)

Edited by Styx2319
  • Like 1

The challenge that the game offers, which makes trophies a kind of "proof". You have the main game/story, which you will finish sooner or later; but the things that come after finishing the game or the extremely hard monsters/ tasks/ quests is what made me interested in the game (I remember FF7, still on the PS1, where fighting Emerald and Ruby weapon had no effect whatsoever in the story, but left me feeling that I was awesome).

ever since i started sonic generations and having that plat.... it kinda went downhill in wanting to 100% every game as possible.

and his life isn't over in still obtaining them until i cant play no more.

Edited by kingdrake2

I can remember when I first got my PS3 as a Christmas present years ago and it came with Civ 4 and Batman Arkham Asylum. I played Batman for a few minutes to receive a Ping, and a trophy. Immediately intrigued, I went to the XMB menu to look through the trophy list, and immediately I was hooked. Eventually after many psn accounts over the years, I settled on this one and officially began hunting.  

I got into trophies when I realized that I got so much more out of the games I played because of them. Before I'd just finish a game and that was it, maybe replay it once in a while if I liked the game. Never cared about playing higher difficulties or if I got all the collectibles or what not. Trophies changed the way I look at playing games, mostly in a good way.