Rise of the Tomb Raider - How are you buying it?

madbuk

100 members have voted

1. 1. How will you be buying RotTR

• Pre-order
    • New @ full price
    • On sale
    • Pre-owned
    • Not at all

I have it pre-ordered from Simply Games who have the lowest price I could find, comes with the artbook too.

I'm a longtime fan of the series and even though the reboot was a disappointment I'm willing to look past it and give the new series another go. From what I've heard Rise is better anyway so I'm looking forward to it.

I won't buy it.  However, I will rent the game.

I'll probably rent it and eventually purchase it when it is on sale. 

I thought rental places were extinct  :P

Ill probably be getting it not long after release. Question, is there a collectors edition for ps4? That statue looked sweet.

Ill probably be getting it not long after release. Question, is there a collectors edition for ps4? That statue looked sweet.

They are for the most part, Redbox or Gamefly are my only options. 

Parker

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I pre ordered it from amazon to get the artbook. As far as pre order incentives go, an artbook seems too good to pass up. Plus, I'm done waiting for this game at this point :lol:

I don't have any problem paying full price, despite having been upset over the timed exclusivity bs. My form of protest came with not buying the xbox version despite having an xbox one. Like the op, I'm a huge fan of tomb raider and don't want to see the series end after this game due to poor sales

Just a quick question; on the Playstation Store it says if pre- ordered you get the Definitive edition but doesn't mention the art book. Whereas on amazon it says you get the art book but doesn't mention nothing about getting the Definitive addition. If I pre-ordered it from Amazon will I get the Art book and the Definitive addition with it also? Or am I just getting a little greedy :D

ZachBoardyHD.png

Edited by ZachBoardyHD

Just a quick question; on the Playstation Store it says if pre- ordered you get the Definitive edition but doesn't mention the art book. Whereas on amazon it says you get the art book but doesn't mention nothing about getting the Definitive addition. If I pre-ordered it from Amazon will I get the Art book and the Definitive addition with it also? Or am I just getting a little greedy :D

From my understanding, preordering a physical copy from any major site, gamestop, amazon, or the square enix store, will grant you the artbook, whereas preordering the game digitally will grant you a digital copy of the definitive edition of the first game. Hope that helps! 

I soon the PS4 was announced and all the contents, I pre-ordered so I get the artbook. I mean, I usually never pre-order games but since it's the COMPLETE edition it's totally fine!

Despite the price, I say myself that in the end that it would been like the price for the game + season pass if I bought it on XBox.

Where's the option "pre-order sale"? :-D

For a long time I was of the category "I'll get it used so they don't see any of my money" but the game store I buy at has pre-order sales occasionally, and they have one with Rise - instead of paying €60, I now pay €17 after giving them two games that are worth at least €20 for them in resale. That really was an offer I could not refuse...

Coould have gotten the same "€43 for trading in two games" discount on the collector's edition but the regular edition already comes with the artbook and DLC so the only reason for me to go CE is the statuette and I didn't think it was awesome/iconic enough.

Today I got an e-mail from SE annoucing the pre-order of the Collector's Edition of the game, complete with 20th anniversary Art book, lara's necklace, lara's journal and statue for 99.99€  :D

The US store doesn't appear to have one available though... :hmm:

Edited by Devil_Spooky
  • Like 1

Today I got an e-mail from SE annoucing the pre-order of the Collector's Edition of the game, complete with 20th anniversary Art book, lara's necklace, lara's journal and statue for 99.99€  :D

They made the mistake of adding too much to the normal edition, which also already has the art book. The statue doesn't seem interesting enough to warrant the extra €40 (I'm not interested in the necklace and journal, just in art books and statuettes but only if they look really cool).

They made the mistake of adding too much to the normal edition, which also already has the art book. The statue doesn't seem interesting enough to warrant the extra €40 (I'm not interested in the necklace and journal, just in art books and statuettes but only if they look really cool).

If this came out at the same time as the ONE version it would've cost at least 140€ (that's how much that version costed, and without the art book) and I would've bought it anyway so at 100€ it's a steal for me, but I'm a sucker for collector's editions anyway, have tons of them already :blush:

If this came out at the same time as the ONE version it would've cost at least 140€ (that's how much that version costed, and without the art book) and I would've bought it anyway so at 100€ it's a steal for me, but I'm a sucker for collector's editions anyway, have tons of them already :blush:

The only times I pre-order will be either because of a collector's edition or because of a pre-order sale, it's the latter this time. The game store I pre-order from has sales on occasion (usually during Q3 and Q4) where you can trade in two games which they have a used price of at least €20 for and then you get a €40 discount on one of the selected games. It's a €43 discount this time even because that way they could make the advert "FIFA 17 for €17" :)

I simply could not resist that price for Tomb Raider. If I finish enough games I might do the same sale again for Watch Dogs 2.

As for CEs, I mostly go for the art books and statuettes. I have loads of art books, statuettes is mostly just Assassin's Creed, two Batmans (Batmen?), the Just Cause 3 grapple hook and Alduin, with some smaller stuff here and there like the Borderlands 2 bobble-head. I do have the Horizon Zero Dawn and South Park Fractured But Whole CEs on pre-order though :D

The only times I pre-order will be either because of a collector's edition or because of a pre-order sale, it's the latter this time. The game store I pre-order from has sales on occasion (usually during Q3 and Q4) where you can trade in two games which they have a used price of at least €20 for and then you get a €40 discount on one of the selected games. It's a €43 discount this time even because that way they could make the advert "FIFA 17 for €17" :)

I simply could not resist that price for Tomb Raider. If I finish enough games I might do the same sale again for Watch Dogs 2.

As for CEs, I mostly go for the art books and statuettes. I have loads of art books, statuettes is mostly just Assassin's Creed, two Batmans (Batmen?), the Just Cause 3 grapple hook and Alduin, with some smaller stuff here and there like the Borderlands 2 bobble-head. I do have the Horizon Zero Dawn and South Park Fractured But Whole CEs on pre-order though :D

I only pre-order for the CE or at least LE, but usually go for the big ones.

Statues/figures from CE so far I have Edward from Alone in the Dark (had the game for the PS3 but I bought the CE again for the 360 manly because of the statue and the OST, only cost me 10€ so it was worth it :P), Kratos and the Pandora Box from Ascencion and III, Goku, Gohan and Trunks from Battle of Z, Ultimate Tenkaichi and Xenoverse, Seiya from Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers and Sonic from Sonic Colors.

On pre-order now I have this one, World of FF and it's 3 figurines (shame I missed on FFXV's Noctis, but I would've never pay so much for a game, not even for FF, I'll have to stick to the Deluxe version :( ), Goku's badass version from Xenoverse 2 and Horizon's beautifull Aloy.

And then there's the ones from movies and the ones I buy without any movie/game attached to it, but I won't bother you with those :P

• Like 1