Bye Bye Backlog: Instant Game Collection

Completed Super Exploding Zoo today. Going to miss that little dodo. Quite enjoyed this... Well, tower defense? game.

Also got started on Murasaki Baby which felt fitting for the season. Really enjoying the vita touch screen mechanics. Curious to see where this goes.

Not much progress on Code Realize. Something about it (literally) puts me to sleep.

How are you guys doing?

jesus christ this post worried me i thought all of my games were going to be wiped out. i have 5 ps3s, 2 still running with 1tb hard drives in them filled to the max. ive had ps plus since it came out and between disc and digital i have around 400+ games, most i never touched (because frnakly psn indies suck lol) but it hought i was going to lose them all lol

Update #4(?)

Rocket League (18%)

Murasaki Baby (100%) Completed September 7

Never Alone (0%)

Saint's Row: Gat Outta Hell (100%) Completed September 18

Broken Age (100%) Completed October 28

Journey (85%)

Race the Sun (100%) Completed September 20

Actual Sunlight (0%)

Ok Broken Age is finally done. Damn more than a month since I've finished a game on this list... But starting next week I'll have more time so I'll be able to make plenty of progress. Anyway, not a big fan of Broken Age, but glad I got another S rank for my profile.

New game on my list, and up next will be Actual Sunlight for the Vita. I don't plan on adding any of the November games to this challenge, but Actual Sunlight seems like a quick one from October.

I haven't made any progress on Never Alone, which was next on my list, or Rocket League, which I planned to start playing again. Destiny has taken up much of the home console gaming time but I'll get back to spreading the love around to other games soon.

• Like 1

Hi @ all,

it took a hell lot of time but i've completed my 3rd game now :D ... 

As i am quite far in Amnesia too, it probably won't take too long... maybe a week from now to finish that :)

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3)

Lara Croft & the Temple of Osiris

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Malicious

Amnesia: Memories

• Like 1

Time for another update:

Teslagrad (100%) :platinum: 

Proteus (55%)

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (34%)

Dishonored (10%)

Payday 2 (0%)

Vessel (0%)

Picked up the platinum for Teslagrad! Getting all the collectibles wasn't too bad - there are some very clever puzzles that are only just about possible, although the physics felt a bit off in places. The bosses were seriously frustrating as it's one mistake and you're dead, but oh so satisfying to finally take them down, despite the lack of trophies for beating them. I just wish Sony would fix the unhiding games bug that's stopping the platinum from showing up on my profile here.

Liking Dishonored so far - it's as if Bioshock and Metal Gear Solid had a baby, and I love the sheer number of different options the game gives you for tackling each section. I'm finding it quite difficult to be stealthy; the guards have such keen vision and hearing even on normal, so I haven't had much success with sneaking past everybody (although it's gradually becoming easier as I buy more powers). However, I'm making sure to explore thoroughly, so I'm racking up enough coins to keep my supply of sleep bolts high - that crossbow has been such a lifesaver.

It's been a while since I posted. Honestly the hidden trophy bug kind of pissed me off as three of my games were affected by it.

Fez is sitting at 8/12 trophies, and the other two were at 0% but not showing up at all. I finished the first run of Fez, I have about 40 cubes, and most of the artifacts, so it's just replaying and cleaning up.

At this point there no way I'll finish all the games I had listed but I'll get one or two more done.

The bug is fixed as of today or yesterday though, so everybody check your profiles for the missing games.

Time for another update:

1. Amnesia: Memories             100%
  2. Mouse Craft                           45%
  3. Saints Row: Gat out of hell      1% 
  4. Super Exploding zoo                1%
  5. The swapper                            5%
  6. The unfinished swann              4%
  7. Doki doki universe                    9%
  8. Unmechanical extend               0%
  9. Valiant hearts:the great war    23%
  10. Ultratron                                 14%

Mousecraft must be finished this week sso I can focus on the next one...

Ok, so here is my next Update, Gone Home and Ether One are finished, so thats half of my list finished.

Ether One was a mixed bag for me. I really liked the story, and i actually quite like so called "walking simulators", Gone Home was brilliant, in my opinion, but some of the puzzles in Ether One are so ridiculously obscure... I ended up using a guide and still i have no idea how to get to some of the solutions... Without a guide i would have given up after maybe 20% of the game, which would have been shame, because as i said, it has a great, heartbreaking story with an eerily plausible depiction of dementia in its most cruel form - i am a nurse, and i really felt reminden of some patients with dementia!

1.) Walking Dead 2 | PS4 | 100%

2.) Grow Home | PS4 | 0%

3.) Ether One | PS4 | 100% (Platinum)

4.) Apotheon | PS4 | 0% (Platinum)

5.) Grim Fandango | PS4/VITA | 100% (Platinum)

6.) The Swapper | PS4/VITA | 100%

7.) Gone Home | PS4 | 100%

8.) rain | PS3 | 0%

9.) Puppeteer | PS3 | 5% (Platinum)

10.) Infamous: First Light | PS4 | 0% (Platinum)

Updated the OP. Looks like several of you are making very real progress. Congrats.

How are you all finding the games you're playing? Is Plus proving its worth or making a case for unsubs? Found anything you really love that you never would have tried if not for Plus?

Zoo really surprised me. Super fun. Code: Realize... well... I thought I got on with VN better than this.

• Like 1

6. Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition PS4 (24%) - depending if I can get my co-op partner to play again or not.

If you still need help for that, gimme a shout.

I would also like to attempt said Challenge, so below would be the list of games I will attempt to finish by Christmas (this is also done via RNG from my list):

1. Dead Star

2. Dirt 3

3. Galak-Z

4. Knytt Underground

5. Letter Quest Remastered

6. Mafia 2

7. OlliOlli2: Welcome to OlliWood

8. Super Time Force Ultra

All at 0% besides Knytt which is at 4%.

If this is acceptable?

Edited by Psy-Tychist
  • Like 1

1. Fez - 100%
2. Far Cry Blood Dragon - 100%
3. Ether One - 3%
4. The Unfinished Swan (PS4)- 100%
5. Transistor - 61%
6. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - 100%
7. Amnesia: Memories - 100%
8. Metrico - 100%
9. Proteus - 90%

Second play through of Transistor completed - just need to rattle through the tests now and complete a few more encounters with all my limiters equipped and that should do it. Been a brilliant game and would seriously advise to stick with it until you start picking up plenty of functions - it gets very good when you've got them all.

Then the two sticking points for me - Proteus and Ether One. Just going to have to grit my teeth and get stuck into them.

Updated the OP. Looks like several of you are making very real progress. Congrats.

How are you all finding the games you're playing? Is Plus proving its worth or making a case for unsubs? Found anything you really love that you never would have tried if not for Plus?

Zoo really surprised me. Super fun. Code: Realize... well... I thought I got on with VN better than this.

I've enjoyed every game I've played so far on this, even Proteus (it's just the final trophy that's killing me). I would probably say Transistor is the stand out for me from my current 9 games. I've picked up some of the other shorter games from IGC and been having a go at them, so have 100% (all from 0%) The Swapper, Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Actual Sunlight and Papo & Yo. Brothers was probably the best of these, I'm not sure how I got so invested into the characters but it was seriously good. The Swapper and Papo & Yo both highlights too.

This has completely opened my eyes to IGC games I'd usually ignore - The Deadly Tower of Monsters being a prime example. I'd normally completely overlook this but as soon as I've finished Transistor and Ether One I'm actually excited to have a bash at it.

Edited by booshy_89
  • Like 1

Personally I've always found PS+ a joy, I seem to get my money's worth each and every month. Since I got my PS4 over two years ago (and I immediately started on PS+), I have found something to play which I liked afterwards each and every month except for one... That one month was with Gone Home (disappointing) and Echochrome (fun but already owned it) and four games which did not appeal to me.

It seems for me that most months, I get a game which I end up enjoying and which I did not know about before it went on PS+, though it helps that often games are released to PS+ right away.

My ten favourite PS+ games which I knew nothing about before the PS+ reveal (in order of going on PS+): Road Not Taken, Velocity 2X, Pix The Cat, Luftrausers, The Swapper, Kick & Fennick, MonsterBag, Kung Fu Rabbit, Flame Over, Table Top Racing World Tour.

Of this month, I knew nothing about The Deadly Tower Of Monsters and I am very excited to try it out.

• Like 1

Here is my latest update:

1. Amnesia: Memories           100% Finished on Oct 10th
  2. Mouse Craft                        100% Finished on Nov 4th
  3. Saints Row: Gat out of hell      1% 
  4. Super Exploding zoo              25%
  5. The swapper                            5%
  6. The unfinished swann              4%
  7. Doki doki universe                    9%
  8. Unmechanical extend               0%
  9. Valiant hearts:the great war    23%
  10. Ultratron                                 14%

Finally completed Mousecraft, now working on Super Exploding Zoo It's a fun game, hope can finish it quickly.

• Like 1

finally made some progress, managed to complete the walking dead season 2, obviously a very easy game for trophies as they all come though the story. I enjoyed the game (the ending is very emotional although not as bad as season 1) i need to go and watch the other possible endings. Will definitely get season 3 when it is released.

Only 2 games left POP will be next but will focus on the autumn backlog challenge for now so it might not be for a few weeks.

• Like 1

So, a small update:

1. Dead Star - 0%

2. Dirt 3 - 7%

3. Galak-Z - 10%

4. Knytt Underground - 4%

5. Letter Quest Remastered - 19%

6. Mafia 2 - 0%

7. OlliOlli2: Welcome to OlliWood - 3%

8. Super Time Force Ultra - 3%

Tried a couple of the games just to get a feel for them.

Letter Quest is surprisingly fun, but I am an English nerd.

• Like 1