The DS4 Audio Speaker.

Warmdrift

I came to the Playstation 4 party very late and in consequence , " The Division " was the first game I ever played ,

also the fact that the game came free with the console helped.

Anyway, the first time my DS4 audio speaker went off while playing this game left me looking down in awe, even my 5 year old

daughter was looking around the room wondering where the voice was coming from.

Anyhoo , since my preliminery Division days I have bought and played many games, but i am  still yet to find another game

where the DS4 speaker comes into effect , never ever since has it gone off and spoke so vibrantly to me.

So , what other games can I buy to make my little man inside the controller talk at me ??

Mmh some games that I played and used that feature on the PS4 (or in this case remasters that had that option implemented on them) were The Last of Us, Metro Redux, Tomb Raider, etc. I can't remember if any of the other games that I played had them, but those are the ones I can think off the top of my head right now :)

Edited by Finozzi1696

I came to the Playstation 4 party very late and in consequence , " The Division " was the first game I ever played ,

also the fact that the game came free with the console helped.

Anyway, the first time my DS4 audio speaker went off while playing this game left me looking down in awe, even my 5 year old

daughter was looking around the room wondering where the voice was coming from.

Anyhoo , since my preliminery Division days I have bought and played many games, but i am  still yet to find another game

where the DS4 speaker comes into effect , never ever since has it gone off and spoke so vibrantly to me.

So , what other games can I buy to make my little man inside the controller talk at me ??

God Eater Resurrection your team mates constantly talk to you as though its a radio its a really cool feature.

Also if you're in EU when you buy god eater 2 you get resurrection on Vita and PS4 for free so you can coop locally with family which is nice.

GTA V can do phone calls and stuff (possibly sirens, I don't remember) through the speaker, I always turn the speaker thing off anyway, I find it annoying, especially when you're baby's sleeping and Resogun is like "Save the last humans" and you have to turn around and check she's still down.

Also the Wii did this shit in like 2006.

DS4 audio can be turned off completely thru PS4 own settings, in case you have accidentally done it there, No game will have controller audio. I turned it off to save battery life.

Metro is one of my fav games and i completed it, i never heard the speaker go off once, hmm , oh well , i'll have to do it all over again ;)

I think I saw an option for it on the Settings menu :) although I didn't turned it up. Hopefully someone else can confirm these, but if I recall correctly I'm sure I saw an option about it.

• Like 1

Dying Light uses this constantly for communication, a huge component of Dying Light: Survivors calling for help, story missions, flash light, sound effects, and more.

:).

Dragon Ball Xenoverse being very similar to Dying Light. Its so often in those games that I had to turn it off at times, mostly because I live with others though. I could have it on all the time and be fine with it. If anything adds immersion and realism thats a fucking bonus.

Alien Isolation too I believe. Until Dawn on the other hand takes advatage of the light bar feature via movement sensory moreso, not the typical underwhelming light alteration related way its mostly used for.

Edited by Mar