NX aka Nintendo switch revealed! (3rd party support revealed & backed by NVIDIA)

xZoneHunter

The only titles i'm looking up forward are the new Smash Bros, Mario Kart and hopefully finally a Zelda & Metroid Prime HD. Also a new Mario Football which should offer the same Gameplay as MSCF (Wii) would be amazing.... but never gonna happen same as an F-Zero with online. I'm still very skeptical about a Zelda HD and such... because Nintendo is still lazy af and just were showing off allready an other Cell-Shade Zelda... :hmm:

This is going to be interesting. Since they will go with cartridges instead of discs, we can't expect huge size.

Cartridges = SD Cards. SD cards can hold up to at least 512 GB, iirc there's  a 1 TB one in development too. Blurays are only about 50 GB, a 128 GB or even 64 would be about even in terms of space.

Cartridges = SD Cards. SD cards can hold up to at least 512 GB, iirc there's  a 1 TB one in development too. Blurays are only about 50 GB, a 128 GB or even 64 would be about even in terms of space.

I don't really think they would use conventional SD Cards that would be easily hackable.

And using dedicated ones means cost for bigger size.

So I guess it's no surprise the gameplay shown in the trailer was added in post production, especially when Skyrim isn't even confirmed to be coming to the Switch yet. Something I find funny though it how they didn't do a very good job of hiding it.

jsAPszk.png

See how it clips through her arm? :giggle:

You can read more about how the trailer was made here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-24-behind-the-scenes-of-nintendos-switch-reveal-video

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

attachicon.gifnintendo switch graphics info_zpswuoalbv4.jpg

I just saw this on another forum, apparently a developer released specs of the dev kit on Twitter. No source was given so take this with a grain of salt. 

Parker

Pretty underwhelming. 

I doubt these are the specs though.

Edited by xZoneHunter

So I guess it's no surprise the gameplay shown in the trailer was added in post production, especially when Skyrim isn't even confirmed to be coming to the Switch yet. Something I find funny though it how they didn't do a very good job of hiding it.

jsAPszk.png

See how it clips through her arm? :giggle:

You can read more about how the trailer was made here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-24-behind-the-scenes-of-nintendos-switch-reveal-video

ROFL

Pretty underwhelming. 

I doubt these are the specs though.

Considering Ninty, it may as well be true.

All the speculation I've read about the Switch lately and whether they will offer a portable only version or not has left me iffy on the whole deal. Because we certainly don't need several Switch docks in the household when we have space for only one TV, but we probably want several of the portable consoles. Currently we have 4 x Nintendo 3DS, 2 x PS Vita and some home consoles. 

Now I just want Nintendo to make a new improved version of Nintendo 3DS that is using the same Tegra chip as Switch. It should have two screens, a touch screen and StreetPass to get current 3DS owners to upgrade their systems to a new one.

Nintendo will be hosting a Switch presentation on the 12th of January where they will announce the release date, price, and games lineup. The event will be live streamed. http://gematsu.com/2016/10/nintendo-switch-release-date-price-games-lineup-announced-january-12

Hopefully they can start answering the questions we've all been dying to know like if it has a touch screen or not. Don't keep us in suspense for any longer, Nintendo! :awesome:

• Like 2

Nintendo will be hosting a Switch presentation on the 12th of January where they will announce the release date, price, and games lineup. The event will be live streamed. http://gematsu.com/2016/10/nintendo-switch-release-date-price-games-lineup-announced-january-12

Hopefully they can start answering the questions we've all been dying to know like if it has a touch screen or not. Don't keep us in suspense for any longer, Nintendo! :awesome:

I need to know if they got inspired by Will Smith's 2005 iconic song "Switch"?

Yahoo, only 2 months until region lock!

• Like 1

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-27-nintendo-switch-has-a-6-2-multi-touch-screen

My prayers have been answered! The Switch has a 6.2 inch 720p screen, but most importantly, it has a multi-touch screen! :awesome:

Now we can play all our favourite mobile game ports such as Pokemon Go... Oh wait, nobody cares about that game anymore, do they? :giggle:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-27-nintendo-switch-has-a-6-2-multi-touch-screen

My prayers have been answered! The Switch has a 6.2 inch 720p screen, but most importantly, it has a multi-touch screen! :awesome:

Now we can play all our favourite mobile game ports such as Pokemon Go... Oh wait, nobody cares about that game anymore, do they? :giggle:

Only 6.2? Wow, it's not actually that much bigger than Vita. 

Even though it looked so big from the video.

It looks amazing but...I am not the type to bring my handhelds out anyway so Switch will be a stationary console for me. It's an innovative system, graphics are crisp as hell but am I the only one that just wanted a good ol' fashioned console the same way one would want a good ol' fashioned cheeseburger? lol Nintendo is the king of gimmicks. 

Edited by miki-iki
  • Like 1

Looking forward to finding out more on the 12th January and if the NX gets the third party Japanese games on its system that the PS4 has been getting by default combined with Nintendo's great first party it's going to be very promising.

Since it's a handheld, it's pretty probable.

After XCX's awful localization and #FE's butchering I couldn't care less about Nintendo. I was stuck with only a Wii U and a 3DS for a few months. It had good arcade games, but that was all. The closest thing to a good story game was Bayonetta 2, which was... an action brawler. People's lists of good Wii U exclusives may have a good 10-15 games on them... but those are literally the only games worth buying on the system.

PS4 is better on so many levels. The exclusives are cheaper, higher budget, and actually have -stories-. For 40$ I could play... Super Mario 3D Land... or I could play Infamous: Second Son and Bloodborne. After I got my PS4 I'd use my Wii U maybe once a month, tops. Nintendo games are -fun-, but the PS4 has a big enough library as is, and I don't need another "secondary console". If I want something cartoony, I'll play Tearaway or Little Big Planet or Ratchet & Clank.

There's also the fact that Sony doesn't think its playerbase is too immature to see uncovered arms, which is nice.

After XCX's awful localization and #FE's butchering I couldn't care less about Nintendo. I was stuck with only a Wii U and a 3DS for a few months. It had good arcade games, but that was all. The closest thing to a good story game was Bayonetta 2, which was... an action brawler. People's lists of good Wii U exclusives may have a good 10-15 games on them... but those are literally the only games worth buying on the system.

I kinda agree with you about the Wii U. Primarily about its exclusive releases - as I've had the console since launch and I basically got it for 3 games: Pikmin, Bayonetta 2 (far from a good story in my eyes but I believe not many play for the story anyway) and Smash Bros (which I play primarily now). I think overall, it obviously relies on a person's tastes, but the Wii U nor its exclusives wasn't very mindblowing in my opinion, not even the heavily anticipated FExSMT crossover. I have way more Wii titles and had more fun with that system in comparison. I have high hopes for the Switch, but I think I'll wait maybe 3 years to get it. I applaud their creativity and such but I wish better games for the system rather than gimmicks.

Edited by miki-iki