Kill Your Completion... Again(Finished)

5 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I do like that you can just paste the image link in now and it embeds the image automatically.  That's way easier.  Also looks like we can upload files to add to our posts as well.  That will make it easier to share Vita screencaps.

That option has always been there. That "Max total size"? That's cumulative over every single one of your attachments.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

That option has always been there. That "Max total size"? That's cumulative over every single one of your attachments.

25 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I tried it before and it never worked and would only let me select from stuff I uploaded, but not upload new stuff.

Don't know where it was (I guess in the advanced editor that opened when you wanted to preview a post) but I was also able to attach images in the old forum software, too. But I have to say that it's now far easier to do so. The old one wasn't intuitive at all in that point.

51 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I tried it before and it never worked and would only let me select from stuff I uploaded, but not upload new stuff.

24 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Don't know where it was (I guess in the advanced editor that opened when you wanted to preview a post) but I was also able to attach images in the old forum software, too. But I have to say that it's now far easier to do so. The old one wasn't intuitive at all in that point.

I used it a couple of times as well. I'm just using Imgur these days though, I caved and joined the new generation.

14 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Some of the bugs from the update are a letdown as well, like completion percentages dropping more, statistics being all messed up, etc.  I finally was getting close to getting back above 70% and then it drops more.

Mine seems to have been fixed. Sly said it was factoring in unearned Platinums, by mistake. What I've never understood, is why DLC is factored in. You have separate stats for owners and completion of it, but it drops every one of the game's owners percentages? 

10 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Mine seems to have been fixed. Sly said it was factoring in unearned Platinums, by mistake. What I've never understood, is why DLC is factored in. You have separate stats for owners and completion of it, but it drops every one of the game's owners percentages? 

Yeah, seems you have to update profile to get it though.  Stats are still a disaster for me though.

Agreed on the DLC bit, but I'm betting it's because Sony does count the DLC towards completion of the game whether you own it or not.  This site just seems to use the owners to calculate the rarity of the trophies so the DLC isn't more rare due to having less owners than the base game.

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Yeah, seems you have to update profile to get it though.  Stats are still a disaster for me though.

Agreed on the DLC bit, but I'm betting it's because Sony does count the DLC towards completion of the game whether you own it or not.  This site just seems to use the owners to calculate the rarity of the trophies so the DLC isn't more rare due to having less owners than the base game.

Mine updated on its own, and it looks like yours has now. Close to 70%. 

That seems like a weird way to go about it, though.. If they're going to be factored into your completion percentage, like on PSN, then the rarity should be, too. As it is, it's like the site has one foot in, and the other one out. It's not like the rarity of trophies actually mean a whole lot here.. Just bragging rights. 

5 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

That seems like a weird way to go about it, though.. If they're going to be factored into your completion percentage, like on PSN, then the rarity should be, too. As it is, it's like the site has one foot in, and the other one out. It's not like the rarity of trophies actually mean a whole lot here.. Just bragging rights. 

It is indeed a "worst of both worlds" scenario. You're right about the first point. Sly just takes the trophy info straight from the Sony servers, so the DLC is included in the base game. I've seen sites that don't add it to your profile unless you've earned a trophy but I'm guessing that's a bit more work to go in and parse that out.

For the 2nd point: It sucks, but it's been talked to death and it'll probably never get changed back. What you're describing is how it was originally actually. DLC rarity was calculated as if every base game owner had access to it. Unfortunately this made every single DLC trophy Ultra Rare. Some users way back in the day found this annoying, and Sly eventually made the change to the current system to appease the (then) unwashed masses. A thread about this literally pops up every other month and lots of different suggestions have been talked about to "fix" this problem.

The ideal situation would be Sony putting base game trophies only, and then only loading the DLC if you installed it, but that's never going to happen. As it is Sly has to use an all or nothing approach if he wants an accurate representation, or he has to come up with a "predicted" formula for owners, which brings its own problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

Mine updated on its own, and it looks like yours has now. Close to 70%. 

Nah, I updated my profile and then finally put in the new trophy card since it looked like they fixed that issue as well.  Definitely needed to actually update it, but no trophy needed to be earned to get it to update.  Now just wish they'd fix the stats since I have 4 erroneous E ranked games and am missing 2 Ds, 1 C, and 1 B in there.  The main page is right, but the stats page is wrong.  But yes, I'm almost back to 70% and that's a good thing!

14 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

What annoys me about the new site is that the large game images can't just be put into  posts any more, this messes up many KYC posts.

Small game pictures can still be copied but the links have changed. Notice what has happened to my backlog thread, for instance...

13 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah, same problem - image links have changed. It's very annoying that BBCode view is not there any more, That would make it easier to fix (seeing as the letter/number notation of the images and games seem to not have changed).

Edit: realised I had a text backup of the BBCode of my main backlog post, decided to check if a forced "replace all" on the links would help. It did, check it out! :)

P.S. This works for big images as well. Seems that they're still there, it's just that seeing the location is broken on the main site, so you can now only post those of which you already knew the link...

L8cbd36.png

It just works fine for me. I did it as allways and here is a big image.

2 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

My Completion is fixed but not my unearend trophy count. It's still 150 trophies lower than it should be

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Nah, I updated my profile and then finally put in the new trophy card since it looked like they fixed that issue as well.  Definitely needed to actually update it, but no trophy needed to be earned to get it to update.  Now just wish they'd fix the stats since I have 4 erroneous E ranked games and am missing 2 Ds, 1 C, and 1 B in there.  The main page is right, but the stats page is wrong.  But yes, I'm almost back to 70% and that's a good thing!

I might have synced mine once, then. Can't recall. 

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

My Completion is fixed but not my unearend trophy count. It's still 150 trophies lower than it should be

I don't remember what mine should be. Lol. 

Edit: It's probably accurate, though. 1,587 at the end of the event, and now at 1,551. 

Edited by DamagingRob

1 minute ago, DamagingRob said:

I don't remember what mine should be. Lol. 

I know that mine should be over 2k but now is at 1923. I just know because I wanted to get back under 2k before the next event. I also counted all my unearned trophies myself and got the same value as before the site update.

Might be the fact that you have some F ranked games.  I was seeing somewhere that 0%s were no longer counting in unearned trophies and don't know if that is an error or intentional.

Your unearned trophy count is lower by 150 because right now the new site doesn't count trophies from games with 0% in the unearned category. You have exactly 150 from the 4 games at 0% on your profile. No idea if this will be changed in the future but that's how it's being calculated at the moment. 

EDIT: Damn ninja's everywhere. :ninja:

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ladynadiad said:

Might be the fact that you have some F ranked games.  I was seeing somewhere that 0%s were no longer counting in unearned trophies and don't know if that is an error or intentional.

Just now, MStalker58 said:

Your unearned trophy count is lower by 150 because right now the new site doesn't count trophies from games with 0% in the unearned category. You have exactly 150 from the 4 games at 0% on your profile. No idea if this will be changed in the future but that's how it's being calculated at the moment. 

Good to know, because I deleted 2 F rank games right before the update went live and compared the old site with the beta version of the new site and both went down :D

10 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Well, that will make the next one of these a bit trickier.. You'll just have to add them up manually, so you can put how many unearned trophies you have before starting. 

As far as I know that was never a mandatory "stat" to include, so that shouldn't be an issue ;).

11 hours ago, MStalker58 said:

EDIT: Damn ninja's everywhere. :ninja:

I first wanted to say thanks for the nice find but then I remembered that I already noticed that change during the beta:
https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/37293-info-feedback-the-major-site-update-beta/?do=findComment&comment=1158110

Still thanks for the reminder. :D
And uh, that number of 2,870 unearned trophies for me (excluding the >50 Fs) hurts. >__<

11 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Well, that will make the next one of these a bit trickier.. You'll just have to add them up manually, so you can put how many unearned trophies you have before starting. 

You can just take a look at the trophy advisor. That one also includes the trophies for the F-games.

Edited by Crimson Idol

7 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

As far as I know that was never a mandatory "stat" to include, so that shouldn't be an issue ;).

Haha, true. But a lot of us did it, and it's nice to compare how many you earned out of them all afterwards. 

5 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

You can just take a look at the trophy advisor. That one also includes the trophies for the F-games.

Hmm.. Does that not include unowned DLC or something? I have 1,551 unearned trophies, but the advisor list is only 1,142.

15 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Haha, true. But a lot of us did it, and it's nice to compare how many you earned out of them all afterwards. 

Hmm.. Does that not include unowned DLC or something? I have 1,551 unearned trophies, but the advisor list is only 1,142.

Take a look at the text right below "Listing XXXX trophies". It show read "Show DLC". If you clickj it, DLC-trophies will be shown, too. 

On 10-12-2016 at 0:50 AM, MarkusT1992 said:

L8cbd36.png

It just works fine for me. I did it as allways and here is a big image.

It might help if you mention what your "as always" method actually is...

My method is still not working. I used to go to the game page, right mouse click on the large image and copy image location... it now just always gives me this link:

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/layout/spacer.png

Keep going back to Noire during football days. Lol. It is really getting tough, though.. Managed to get past chapter 7, where they took some of my party away. Now, I'm on chapter 8, and I only have Blanc, Vert, and Neptune to work with. :/ Trying to grind levels with them, 'cause I was getting my butt kicked..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

It might help if you mention what your "as always" method actually is...

My method is still not working. I used to go to the game page, right mouse click on the large image and copy image location... it now just always gives me this link:

https://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/layout/spacer.png

Click on that game-image and it should open up in a new window.  E.g. here's the URL for the Watch_Dogs 2-image:

Ld181ad.png
https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/03f676/Ld181ad.png

• Like 1