Kill Your Completion... Again(Finished)

3 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Reading this it feels like you are on a shopping spree since the Financial Year-event has finished. :P
Personally I'm glad that the only game I'm interested in ATM launch in the timeframe of March to May (Shiness: Lightning Kingdom, Lego City Undercover, Rime). 

Both Horizon Zero Dawn and Fractured Butthole were pre-ordered before the Financial event even started though.

Still no word on a collector's edition of Mass Effect Andromeda, the only reason I'd pre-order is an awesome model of the new Normandy-like ship.

And well, Switch is Nintendo, can't blame me for that! On that point: Snipperclips will release in March as well.

26 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Both Horizon Zero Dawn and Fractured Butthole were pre-ordered before the Financial event even started though.

Still no word on a collector's edition of Mass Effect Andromeda, the only reason I'd pre-order is an awesome model of the new Normandy-like ship.

And well, Switch is Nintendo, can't blame me for that! On that point: Snipperclips will release in March as well.

It's up to you but personally I would ask myself if there's really a need to preorder all the games when they release at nearly the same time. And even CEs aren't a reason for me anymore as the past often proved that most of them can be gotten rather easily and for dirt cheap after the release, even for system sellers like Uncharted 4.

But who I'm to blame, begin Mr. Backlog > 200 and seeing my purchase history from the last few years. xD 

4 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

It's up to you but personally I would ask myself if there's really a need to preorder all the games when they release at nearly the same time. And even CEs aren't a reason for me anymore as the past often proved that most of them can be gotten rather easily and for dirt cheap after the release, even for system sellers like Uncharted 4.

But who I'm to blame, begin Mr. Backlog > 200 and seeing my purchase history from the last few years. xD 

It's the collevtor edition stuff for me, definitely. Most games over here can't be found afterwards and I don't want to wait a few months with playing to find out. As for Zelda, getting the nirmal edition with that one but seeing as it's the main launch game, only people who pre-ordered last Sunday or sooner are able to get one day one, at least at the store I buy at.

11 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

It's the collevtor edition stuff for me, definitely. Most games over here can't be found afterwards and I don't want to wait a few months with playing to find out. As for Zelda, getting the nirmal edition with that one but seeing as it's the main launch game, only people who pre-ordered last Sunday or sooner are able to get one day one, at least at the store I buy at.

Given those circumstances it's understandable. Getting games here isn't that difficult, whether it's online or via retail stores (with the only exception being the Vita) so I don't mind if I have to wait a little. 

26 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Given those circumstances it's understandable. Getting games here isn't that difficult, whether it's online or via retail stores (with the only exception being the Vita) so I don't mind if I have to wait a little. 

I almost never buy online. Usually I tended to wait but now that I have a steady income I find myself playing stuff at launch more and more.

7 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Do you plan to play a KYC game soon? 

I've been playing a ton of Watch Dogs the last two weeks. I'm starting to wrap up some of the collectible stuff, I finished the drinking games last night, and I'm only half way through the 2nd chapter. I'm really loving the game and it's definitely moved into the top spot if all the games from the event. 

Ive also been playing a bit of Geometry Wars, but I haven't touched it in a few days due to WD. I'm also meaning to go play some more Destiny now that the WD cleanup is almost done. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hemiak said:

I've been playing a ton of Watch Dogs the last two weeks. I'm starting to wrap up some of the collectible stuff, I finished the drinking games last night, and I'm only half way through the 2nd chapter. I'm really loving the game and it's definitely moved into the top spot if all the games from the event. 

Ive also been playing a bit of Geometry Wars, but I haven't touched it in a few days due to WD. I'm also meaning to go play some more Destiny now that the WD cleanup is almost done. 

Congrats on getting Social Lubricant! We are the lucky ones by earning it post-patch.  I guess the Pawnee challenge was controller-throwable difficult when the game first came out.  If you get stuck earning your platinum because of Traced, let me know and I will boost it with you. 

9 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Congrats on getting Social Lubricant! We are the lucky ones by earning it post-patch.  I guess the Pawnee challenge was controller-throwable difficult when the game first came out.  If you get stuck earning your platinum because of Traced, let me know and I will boost it with you. 

Thanks for the offer man. I'm hoping it pops naturally. I've been hacking everyone I pass and letting the Blume affiliates report me to generate bounties. Usually this generates a hack opportunity but sometimes it's a tail for the bounty. I know of at least three tails already, so I'm hoping its actually 4 and pops soon. Worse comes to worse I'll just drag Stalker in since he needs it to.

I've pretty much exhausted all the investigations until I advance the story. I need about 5 more convoys and bases, and about 10 fixer contracts. Maybe I'll slip Mim a caffeine pill tonight to keep her up a little longer so we can progress the story. :D

Hey everyone!!

A little off topic I know but Eu PSN Store is on sales again and I was hoping you guys could advise me on some of the best games to buy.

I'm thinking Far cry Blood Dragon and Duck Tales Remastered.

I Kinda Want to buy street fighter x tekken on the vita but I don't know if its worth it...

Cheers and thanks in advance for your responses

38 minutes ago, MStalker58 said:

I got the plat for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist which brings me up to 5 games completed from the event. Thanks to @DamagingRob for helping with a couple of the online trophies including the weekly challenge. Not only did you save me some time and having to grind kills, you also helped me avoid looking like an idiot and getting some nasty looks from teammates who were probably wondering why in the world I refused to use any weapons and kept going for melee kills. Thanks again. :)

Wasn't it you that blew up Hemiak in Helldivers? Almost had a repeat of that scenario, as I tried to figure out what the run button was. xD "Wait, no! I didn't want to throw a grenade!" But no problem. Happy to help. :) You picked a good map for it, that's for sure. Can't remember what exactly we were boosting, when me and someone played it a ways back. But it was taking us forever to find each other on one of the maps. :/ 

18 minutes ago, Edward_FOX_86 said:

Hey everyone!!

A little off topic I know but Eu PSN Store is on sales again and I was hoping you guys could advise me on some of the best games to buy.

I Kinda Want to buy street fighter x tekken on the vita but I don't know if its worth it...

Did you like Far Cry 3? Blood Dragon is just as good, in the gameplay department. Some like the whole '80s vibe it has going more. I loved both. 

Street Fighter x Tekken is a lot of fun. You get all the characters that were sold as DLC on the PS3 version, too. There is a trophy for playing in Ad-Hoc mode, though. Currently stopping me from trying to complete the missions, and get its Plat. 

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Edward_FOX_86 said:

Hey everyone!!

I loved both of those games myself. Whenever I recommend a 2D platformer, I always feel like I should warn that it is one of my favorite genres so I might be biased. That being said, it was a great remake of a classic and I had a blast playing it.

Like Rob said, if you enjoyed Far Cry 3 then I would think you'll enjoy Blood Dragon. Similar gameplay but with a lot more over-the-top 80's action movie cheese and neon colors. The game might be shorter compared to the main games in the series but IIRC it felt like quite a bit of content for a standalone DLC. Definitely worth checking out, especially at a good sale price. If you are interested in other game suggestions, I'll have to take a look at the list and get back to you on that. 

• Like 1

Yes I did enjoy Far Cry 3 as I'm trying to plat it but haven't gonna back to the game yet. I've platted  it on my previous account though and It was a lot of fun :D .

I was checking sword art online but I don't know if its my thing you know?

But those two I'll grab for sure. Might grab SFxT also

4 hours ago, Mendant909 said:

I've done quite a bit of progress with my lists, having nearly 6/10 games completed from the first KYC and 5/10 completed games for KYC II. I don't have much to add in regards to games like Sorcery Saga and Trails of Cold Steel aside from just finish the story, ignoring completion in the former and skip this game and start with the sequel for the latter.

Probably a good idea with Sorcery Saga.  I ended up going back to it later for the plat, but it's an immense grind and a break is really a good idea.

Enjoy Trails of Cold Steel II.  I got the plat for that a bit over a week ago and it was a very fun one to get.  I hope you go back to Cold Steel and get the plat some day though, I just can understand not wanting to wait on playing the sequel with that ending.

On 1/22/2017 at 2:18 AM, ladynadiad said:

Probably a good idea with Sorcery Saga.  I ended up going back to it later for the plat, but it's an immense grind and a break is really a good idea.

Enjoy Trails of Cold Steel II.  I got the plat for that a bit over a week ago and it was a very fun one to get.  I hope you go back to Cold Steel and get the plat some day though, I just can understand not wanting to wait on playing the sequel with that ending.

I think the needless grind is a staple of Compile Hearts since that happened in Hyperdevotion Noire as well. I'd recommend people to just play the story since Pupuru is a good written character and her simple story is coherent, which is something that I've failed to see repeatedly in the past few years. Sorcery Saga made me respect the writing talent of Compile Hearts, which I wish it was utilized in Noire, and it has me eager to see what Dark Rose Valkyrie turns out to be.

Trails of Cold Steel felt like a better version of Tales of Xillia; both of them just stop without a satisfying ending but at least the former has an actual setup for a sequel. Overall I thought the game was OK, and it didn't impress me as much as Tales of Symphonia and Persona 4 did for their respective series. I'll probably play the sequel, but I don't feel compelled to play it anytime soon.

On 1/22/2017 at 11:18 AM, ladynadiad said:

19 minutes ago, Mendant909 said:

I think the needless grind is a staple of Compile Hearts since that happened in Hyperdevotion Noire as well. I'd recommend people to just play the story since Pupuru is a good written character and her simple story is coherent, which is something that I've failed to see repeatedly in the past few years. Sorcery Saga made me respect the writing talent of Compile Hearts, which I wish it was utilized in Noire, and it has me eager to see what Dark Rose Valkyrie turns out to be.

Trails of Cold Steel felt like a better version of Tales of Xillia; both of them just stop without a satisfying ending but at least the former has an actual setup for a sequel. Overall I thought the game was OK, and it didn't impress me as much as Tales of Symphonia and Persona 4 did for their respective series. I'll probably play the sequel, but I don't feel compelled to play it anytime soon.

A lot of people thought the same about Sorcery Saga. The RNG gods must have smiled upon me because I didn't have too much trouble finding the last few items. Also, who cares about Pupuru? I always loved Kuu-chan. :)

I thought ToX was so boring!! If it was my 1st Tales game maybe I would have felt differently. I'm really surprised I platted it actually. Haven't played ToS yet. Maybe not for another year or so. Would be nice to finish SAO: HF and Star Ocean 4 before I take on another long ultra rare game.

28 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Just earned the Plat for Watch Dogs. That's my 3rd game from this event complete. I really enjoyed the game, including the MP component.

I just got Watch_Dogs again, traded it. Decided that now it's on the cheap, I'd try it again (bought it first used when it was €50 but didn't like it and it went straigt back to the store for a full refund). My joy with a game can be lessened if it's not that good and I paid a lot. Let's see if I can enjoy it now. I played through and enjoyed Watch_Dogs 2...

I'm not even going to bother with the multiplayer though, so no platinum for me.

On 1/24/2017 at 11:46 PM, Edunstar84 said:

A lot of people thought the same about Sorcery Saga. The RNG gods must have smiled upon me because I didn't have too much trouble finding the last few items. Also, who cares about Pupuru? I always loved Kuu-chan. :)

I thought ToX was so boring!! If it was my 1st Tales game maybe I would have felt differently. I'm really surprised I platted it actually. Haven't played ToS yet. Maybe not for another year or so. Would be nice to finish SAO: HF and Star Ocean 4 before I take on another long ultra rare game.

It's not so much finding the items that made it bad, but the needless grind to level up weapon and armor. There's no reward for doing all of that aside from getting the last trophy for the platinum. Even the tower had no need to be above 100 floors. As for Kuu, he reminds me too much of my rabbit, except Kuu gobbles up whole people and isn't as cute as my chubby bunny.

I'd agree with Xillia being boring, just as Trails of Cold Steel was also boring. Neither of them had a long-term goal that the protagonist or party strived for. In Symphonia Lloyd wanted to redeem himself for the damage that he inadvertently caused through a good deed, while he aided his friends in restoring the world to a better condition. Xillia zoomed through from warning a government about a weapon of mass destruction, restoring Milla's powers (which the party never tried to do), restoring Milla's ability to walk, stopping an invasion from the neighboring country and then from another world, and ultimately just stopping the killing of their God analogue. Cold Steel spent a school year with time in school split between meh sidequests and revisiting a bland dungeon; field trips also had  meh sidequests but at least there was some injustice to correct. Cold Steel feels like a needless prequel since it sacrificed telling a compelling story and just built the world and characters for the more exciting sequel. In Mass Effect there's the threat of Saren and that's the central plot point that drives the story until the end, but you still get to learn about the alien races and the future threat of the Reapers. Cold Steel really dropped the ball with its story and boy was it obvious who C was and even that revelation made no sense for his character, wasting years hanging out with people instead of acting like Malfoy in The Half-Blood Prince.

Zestiria also feels like it was made from an assembly line with no regard for pacing or why certain tropes work, so I've lost a lot of faith in that franchise. Cold Steel at least has interesting characters and I'd like to follow their stories, which is something that Final Fantasy XIII and Xillia failed with their party characters by making them a bunch of pricks. Good luck with completing Star Ocean and that SAO game since those sound like long grinds. If you ever played Final Fantasy X on the PS2, Symphonia shares a similar plot in regards to the role of religion and how their faith changes after seeing the plights of people, like death of loved ones or feeling helpless against a larger force, and seeing the skeletons in the pope's closet.

Didn't realize this thread was still open. Good progress on your games everyone. I've only revisit three games since the event: Virginia (which I platinumed and continue to think about), The Sims 3 (which I continue to find ways in which it is a nerfed port and I continue to enjoy despite. Need to renew my focus on this one though.) and Letter Quest Remastered (which I intend to 100%, am pissed it doesn't have a platinum, and haven't earned a trophy in since the event but still enjoy). Yeah... I think that's all I've got for now.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, XX_FTW said:

Didn't realize this thread was still open. Good progress on your games everyone. I've only revisit three games since the event: Virginia (which I platinumed and continue to think about), The Sims 3 (which I continue to find ways in which it is a nerfed port and I continue to enjoy despite. Need to renew my focus on this one though.) and Letter Quest Remastered (which I intend to 100%, am pissed it doesn't have a platinum, and haven't earned a trophy in since the event but still enjoy). Yeah... I think that's all I've got for now.

I'm actually kind of surprised Letter Quest doesn't have a plat either because they certainly have enough achievements in the PC version to have justified one.  Remastered version has 60 achievements on PC.

I think it's time for an update from me.

After the event has ended I jumped from game to game.

I started several game after the event like Skyrim, The Deadly Tower of Monsters, Peggle 2, Sherlock Homes: The Devil's Daughter, Need for Speed Rivals, Yakuza 0 and  Digimon World: Next Order.

That's half an event I started here :hmm:

I also completed some games. Those were: Mousecraft, Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter, Lego Marvel's Avengers and Telltales's Batman game.

From this event I only continued Wolfenstein: The Old Blood in which I finished the story plus all the perk trophies. Only the challanges are left. I got god in the first challange after many tries but was 10k points short in the second and I have no clue how to get that many more points. I hope to complete the challanges some day but I guess that takes a bit practice.

And Voodo helped me in Need for Speed Rivals with the friends trophies after one month of waiting for EA support due issues with my account, so I can plat that game sometime without worrying about that.

• Like 3

Been playing Destiny when Mim falls asleep each night and I've got about half the base game trophies. Been working with Yuri to complete a hard mode raid. We've (I mean he's) come really close a bunch of times but we keep getting robbed at the last minute. Going to try again tomorrow morning, and then he's going to help me with flawless Raider and the Strike trophies. I'm still really enjoying playing and have been doing a lot of non trophy related stuff just for fun. 

Ive been gearing up way more than pure trophy hunting requires...  because that's what you do in an mmo. Also been playing a lot of PvP. I have flashes of brilliance where I end with a 2ish k/d, but I'm far more often around .7ish. :(

Also been playing Chariot, which I started just before the last event. I complete a level or two a night, and I'll worry about completing levels and speed runs once I get all the gadgets. I've also been plugging away at Rocksmith, where I'm now over 50% complete trophy wise. Creeping up on 72% completion again which is a good feeling, and I'm finally back down to 39.9% rarity. :dance:

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 2