Kill Your Completion... Again(Finished)

21 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Wow! I always thought Mind 0 was a not so good game. Worse than Demon Gaze. If I ever see it on sale, then I think I'll buy it.

It's fairly good. Shame it ended on a cliffhanger, with a sequel probably never coming. :( It also has one of the best opening theme songs EVER. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Wow! I always thought Mind 0 was a not so good game. Worse than Demon Gaze. If I ever see it on sale, then I think I'll buy it.

Well, one has to remember I liked Time and Eternity and Last Rebellion, so my views may possibly need to be taken with a grain of salt.  I'm also working on Demon Gaze and honestly, I don't get why it gets so much praise because your ability to progress is tied to your luck with RNG, not your stats, levels, party setup, strategy, etc.   That isn't going to make a game good, it makes a game frustrating to all hell and yet people praise this. 

However, I do feel Mind 0 is a solid dungeon crawler and to be quite honest it redeemed the genre for me when Demon Gaze made me think the genre probably wasn't my cup of tea.  I doubt it's a game for everyone because some of those trophies do get grindy.  The battles can get repetitive, but that is mitigated to a degree by having an auto battle option along with items to avoid battles.  However, Demon Gaze has the exact same problem of repetitive battles without any sort of option to automate them.  Personally I don't see repetitive battles in a turn based game to be an issue because it's a fault of the genre, not the game.  A game that can make turn based random battles exciting is one that deserves immense praise, but games that follow the formula don't deserve hate unless they really force the repetitive nature on you (which in my eyes, Demon Gaze does by lacking much in the way of an auto battle option and requiring farming of gear).

When it comes down to it, I feel Mind 0 isn't deserving of most of the hate it gets and I don't think Demon Gaze deserves half the praise it gets because it's too dependent on luck even early in the game.  I haven't beaten Demon Gaze yet, but having played both games, I feel I have enjoyed Mind 0 far more.

9 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Well, one has to remember I liked Time and Eternity and Last Rebellion, so my views may possibly need to be taken with a grain of salt.  I'm also working on Demon Gaze and honestly, I don't get why it gets so much praise because your ability to progress is tied to your luck with RNG, not your stats, levels, party setup, strategy, etc.   That isn't going to make a game good, it makes a game frustrating to all hell and yet people praise this. 

However, I do feel Mind 0 is a solid dungeon crawler and to be quite honest it redeemed the genre for me when Demon Gaze made me think the genre probably wasn't my cup of tea.  I doubt it's a game for everyone because some of those trophies do get grindy.  The battles can get repetitive, but that is mitigated to a degree by having an auto battle option along with items to avoid battles.  However, Demon Gaze has the exact same problem of repetitive battles without any sort of option to automate them.  Personally I don't see repetitive battles in a turn based game to be an issue because it's a fault of the genre, not the game.  A game that can make turn based random battles exciting is one that deserves immense praise, but games that follow the formula don't deserve hate unless they really force the repetitive nature on you (which in my eyes, Demon Gaze does by lacking much in the way of an auto battle option and requiring farming of gear).

When it comes down to it, I feel Mind 0 isn't deserving of most of the hate it gets and I don't think Demon Gaze deserves half the praise it gets because it's too dependent on luck even early in the game.  I haven't beaten Demon Gaze yet, but having played both games, I feel I have enjoyed Mind 0 far more.

Thanks for your input. I do remember Demon Gaze being based on luck and rng in the very beginning. I had to grind some levels to overcome some of it. Anyway, I've played and platted Dungeon Travelers 2 and Demon Gaze, so I do have a bit of experience with the genre. Will definitely pick-up Mind 0 in the next Japan sale. It should be nice and cheap by then! :)

Last Rebellion is on my wishlist, and I'm on the lookout for Time and Eternity but not really important for me to have at the moment.

EDIT: I just platted Conception II. I would not recommend this game to anyone. It's a very niche game with lots of missables. All I can say is that it's a good thing I'm used to the save and load system. 2 down, 8 to go!

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 2

Well, I decided to get back to one of the games from this event, which was Risen 3. The quest log is still a clusterfuck, nevertheless I'm slowly plowing through it. Got a few trophies done on the way, and also got miss potty mouth back (the sister that disappeared earlier in the game).

Currently my progression is halted, due to a quest that's being a pain. Basically pirate ship attacks and you have to fight off 3 waves of enemies, which wouldn't be too bad, if it wasn't for the gunpowder bombs that you need to throw over board. Again wouldn't be an issue, if you could just pick up the bombs... you can't though, instead you have to defeat the pirates first and this has to be done before the bombs explode. Of course there's no timer, so what's happening is it keeps going off, because I can't kill the enemies in time (they dodge/block attacks a lot and bullets keep missing). Seeing as the combat is a problem with this game, getting past this section is going to take a while...

• Like 4

Hey Everyone!

Merry Christmas I hope you guys enjoyed your Christmases :) I haven't replied in a while and So I'll just put you guys up to what I'm doing.

The event games I Still haven't found the willpower to get back to them but the main reason is I Bought Fifa 16 on the Ps3 and I'm trying to 100% it.

Also these holidays sparkled my interest in Vita so I took the opportunity to buy some PSN games for the Vita since I got a 50€ store credit card.

I had to buy a Vita memory card which was a pain but I managed to find a 8Gb which is all right for now. I was planning to get the 16 Gb but they're all sold out or stores stopped selling it here in Portugal.

I'll give you a list of the Games I bought and I'm open to suggestions I still have about 20 € left of store credit on the PSN.

So Far I've Bought:

- Jak and Daxter 1 which covers the Ps3 and Vita

- Rogue Legacy Ps3 and Vita Also

- Hotline Miami Ps3 and Vita

- Bastion Vita (keep in mind I still don't own a Ps4)

- Persona 4 Golden Vita

- Murammassa Rebirth on the Vita

And that's It

I was planning on getting Mighty no. 9 for the Ps3 which is on sale but I think I'll save for another Sale on PSN.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Edward_FOX_86 said:

Hey Everyone!

Merry Christmas I hope you guys enjoyed your Christmases :) I haven't replied in a while and So I'll just put you guys up to what I'm doing.

The event games I Still haven't found the willpower to get back to them but the main reason is I Bought Fifa 16 on the Ps3 and I'm trying to 100% it.

Also these holidays sparkled my interest in Vita so I took the opportunity to buy some PSN games for the Vita since I got a 50€ store credit card.

I had to buy a Vita memory card which was a pain but I managed to find a 8Gb which is all right for now. I was planning to get the 16 Gb but they're all sold out or stores stopped selling it here in Portugal.

I'll give you a list of the Games I bought and I'm open to suggestions I still have about 20 € left of store credit on the PSN.

So Far I've Bought:

- Persona 4 Golden Vita

And that's It

I was planning on getting Mighty no. 9 for the Ps3 which is on sale but I think I'll save for another Sale on PSN.

Those are some great games that will keep you busy for the next few months. My advice would be to save the money and wait for the next sale.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Edward_FOX_86 said:

Hey Everyone!

So Far I've Bought:

- Persona 4 Golden Vita

And that's It

Looking at the EU sale, I'd recommend Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel.  It's on sale for 14,99 euros and is an amazing game.  It's a JRPG and looking at some of the other games you've played, I think you'd enjoy it. 

• Like 1

Well, I'm back to the forums in full force after these busy weeks.

I have not played more of any of the games in either this or the previous event though I am already excited for the next event in March.

Current shortlist: Kitten Squad, Rebel Galaxy, SR Gat Out Of Hell, Ultratron, Doodle Trilogy, COJ Bound In Blood. Costume Quest 2, FC3 Blood Dragon, Retro/Grade, Õkami HD, This War Of Mine, Blazerush. Readers might note that I'm actually potting more non-PS+ games on my consideration list than ever - not only do I have the standard free games of Kitten Squad and the Doodle trilogy on there, but I now also have listed Õkami HD. Still a free game for me, it was gifted by Super-Fly Spider-Guy from his humble bundle set. I have never played that game before and I really want to play it, I figured it would be cool to use it for the next event.

I'm going to buy Psychonauts and the Metal Slug Anthology during the current sale. Don't think it'll take me that long to start on Psychonauts but if I haven't started it by March, I'll definitely add it to the list. I probably won't have played through all Metal Slugs by then but they're all the same trophy list so as soon as I play through one of them it's disqualified.

Of special note: I noticed yesterday that the ICO / Shadow Of The Colossus combo has gone on the same sale for €7. I almost can't not buy it for that price and wanted to mention it here because several people during this and the previous event have played either one or even both.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

I have not played more of any of the games in either this or the previous event though I am already excited for the next event in March.

Current shortlist: Kitten Squad, Rebel Galaxy, SR Gat Out Of Hell, Ultratron, Doodle Trilogy, COJ Bound In Blood. Costume Quest 2, FC3 Blood Dragon, Retro/Grade, Õkami HD, This War Of Mine, Blazerush. Readers might note that I'm actually potting more non-PS+ games on my consideration list than ever - not only do I have the standard free games of Kitten Squad and the Doodle trilogy on there, but I now also have listed Õkami HD. Still a free game for me, it was gifted by Super-Fly Spider-Guy from his humble bundle set. I have never played that game before and I really want to play it, I figured it would be cool to use it for the next event.

Okami HD is also on my list for the next event. Although I'm not sure it's the kind of game I like, I want to at least give it a try.

Regarding the games from this event, I wrapped up Risen 3, which turns into a technical mess and gets worse the further you get into the game. So let this be a warning and stay clear of that crap.

I also got the plat from a game that I played during the 1st KYC event, which was Crysis. Just like back then I fully enjoyed it until the end. Definitely one of the better games I played during these events so far.

• Like 3

Slowed way down on gaming last month and only beat Saints Row as far as this event is concerned. Still have quite a bit of cleanup for the plat, too...

Definitely enjoyable, and the insanity kept creeping up as the story unfolded - made it much more fun for me. Gotta say, though, that zombie mission was a pain in the neck alone.

Planning on getting back to Okami sometime this month, though we'll see how that goes.  :dunno:

10 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'm going to buy Psychonauts and the Metal Slug Anthology during the current sale. Don't think it'll take me that long to start on Psychonauts but if I haven't started it by March, I'll definitely add it to the list. I probably won't have played through all Metal Slugs by then but they're all the same trophy list so as soon as I play through one of them it's disqualified.

Of special note: I noticed yesterday that the ICO / Shadow Of The Colossus combo has gone on the same sale for €7. I almost can't not buy it for that price and wanted to mention it here because several people during this and the previous event have played either one or even both.

I'm considering this game as well. I thougt about including games I played on 360 and bought again on PS4. Otherwise I peobably won't start them ever.

I'm now working on Lego Marvel Avangers, which was the game I played before the event.

I also finished MouseCraft, which Voodo played I guess?

33 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I'm considering this game as well. I thougt about including games I played on 360 and bought again on PS4. Otherwise I peobably won't start them ever.

I'm now working on Lego Marvel Avangers, which was the game I played before the event.

Nope, wasn't me. Never even looked at gameplay from that game :lol:.

I've also slowly been chipping away at Soulcalibur II HD Online. Got the online out of the way during a boosting session and now I only have all the Weaponmaster related stuff (which is half the game) and beating survival extra mode left. Still not my kind of fighting game...

38 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Nope, wasn't me. Never even looked at gameplay from that game :lol:.

I've also slowly been chipping away at Soulcalibur II HD Online. Got the online out of the way during a boosting session and now I only have all the Weaponmaster related stuff (which is half the game) and beating survival extra mode left. Still not my kind of fighting game...

Was it Billy then? I think somebody played this game in one of the two events.

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I'm about to continue on LEGO Marvel's Avengers, started it last summer with the missus and have yet to continue.

And yeah, as you have deduced since then, I was the one who played Mousecraft in the previous event. Started out as a bit of fun but it got dull very quickly.

7 hours ago, Hemiak said:

I actually just finished Lego Marvel last night. My son is ecstatic he has access to all the characters and vehicles. :)

And it was Billy that played MouseCraft. 95% certain. 

I finished South Park last night as well. So that was a game from the 2nd event done.

I've been playing Dragon's Dogma (1st event) and cleared a bunch of stuff and saw the new island. I've reached about 300/350 pieces of gear I need for (imo) the most annoying trophy in the game. I think it's the sheer pointlessness of the grind that irritates me. After that I just need to kill the UR dragon and finish the game a 2nd time for the Plat. 

I've also been playing a little bit of Geo Wars (2nd event) the last couple days. It was one that I played in a rush the last day and never gave a fair shake. It's cool but not something I could really binge play. I've beaten my first boss and obtained my first helper drone and special ability. 

I'm getting close to the Plat for Disney infinity 2.0. I finished the main Avengers story mode and did a bunch of random feats, bringing me up to 72 (90 needed for a trophy) I just received my two toy box game discs today :dance: so now I can go after the last 5 specific trophies. Probably 2 more nights of work because one of them is for beating survival mode which is a 2-3 hour process that can't be broken up. D:

Happy New Year everyone and happy gaming. 

Edit: Ninja'd by Billy :(

"ninja'd" by me? I posted a full two hours before you, and if you had the editor open for that long then the site probably did notify you at some point that there was a new reply :D

I like it by the way how you edit your post to state you've been ninja'd but you remain at 95% certainty :D

If your kid likes to have all characters and vehicles, then for the love of Poseidon, don't start on LEGO Dimensions...

How did you like South Park in the end? Excited for Fractured Butthole yet?

I did not play any Disney Infinity game after the first one, still have to do its platinum some day.

Just to give a heads up for those that are still here. Still have only completed 2/10 games. Don't think I'll complete anymore this month as I want to concentrate on a couple of games for 2 events I'm doing: Dragon's New Year's Event and a Year Backlog Event. 

I've been saying for months that I would complete Okami HD, so I'm going to have to do that sooner rather than later.

9 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

"ninja'd" by me?  :D

... don't start on LEGO Dimensions...

How did you like South Park in the end? Excited for Fractured Butthole yet?

I did not play any Disney Infinity game after the first one, still have to do its platinum some day.

I'm sticking with my original statement. :P I went to reply, and then got side tracked before finishing my post. The funny thing is when I posted it showed you had posted an hour ago, but Markus' post above still said 17 minutes ago until I refreshed. :dunno:

My little man is absolutely addicted to Legos, he's probably got close to 5k at this point. I'd already own that if it wasn't so much more expensive than any of the other games. Good news, our neighbor got it for his kids so I can keep putting it off. 

South Park was decent. The combat was fun and it had definite funny moments. By the end my wife and I were pretty much over it though. They definitely go (imo) too far, and keep some of the stuff running much longer than it needed to. I have no plans to buy the 2nd one at this point. Who knows though, the way we all collect games its probably inevitable that I'll get it one day. 

The Disney Infinity games are OK, though I prefer the Skylanders games by a mile. I started back up because I heard about the server closures coming early this year, and I've just kind of kept plugging away at it. If you need help with the 4 player stuff for 1 or 2 on the ps3 don't hesitate to hit me up. 

8 hours ago, azlanslayer said:

I wonder if you can still join this. It's just a perfect event for the completionist that I am.

As FF said, the next installment will probably run in March, and will be posted the last week or so in February. You can start planning your games at any point before then.

You could always set a personal challenge if like 3 to 5 games and do it solo as well. Feel free to post here if you do so. 

Either way, thanks for your interest. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

Another one bites the dust. This time it's Soulcalibur II HD Online that I can cross of the list. Again, initial opinion about it remains... it's solid overall, due to the number of modes and characters it offers. It's main problems do it more harm than good though, which are poor balancing and a need to artificially lengthen the game (Weapon Master mode wants you to complete it again after beating it once....).

On the plus side, I got through a lot of TV shows and podcasts during this :P.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Hemiak said:

My little man is absolutely addicted to Legos, he's probably got close to 5k at this point. I'd already own that if it wasn't so much more expensive than any of the other games. Good news, our neighbor got it for his kids so I can keep putting it off. 

South Park was decent. The combat was fun and it had definite funny moments. By the end my wife and I were pretty much over it though. They definitely go (imo) too far, and keep some of the stuff running much longer than it needed to. I have no plans to buy the 2nd one at this point. Who knows though, the way we all collect games its probably inevitable that I'll get it one day. 

The Disney Infinity games are OK, though I prefer the Skylanders games by a mile. I started back up because I heard about the server closures coming early this year, and I've just kind of kept plugging away at it. If you need help with the 4 player stuff for 1 or 2 on the ps3 don't hesitate to hit me up.

Personally I like LEGO as well, I'm building a lot of stuff (mostly Star Wars) and I play the games with the missus - they're too easy to enjoy for me on my own but playing together is fun and my wife can only play LEGO and 2D platformers since she can't handle a camera to save her life.

Well, Cartman himself said in the first trailer for Fractured Butthole that the combat of the first game sucked:

Spoiler

So I am expecting better combat this time around. The humour will probably stay about the same though, it's very usual for South Park to drag a joke on (though I think they make something like that much funnier than how Family Guy drags something on, but that's opinions for you).

I played the first Disney Infinity and the first Skylanders, thought both were "mèh". I liked LEGO Dimensions though but mainly because I'm getting all kinds of sweet minifigs out of it, and the gameplay is basically a regular LEGO game with a bit of stuff about placing/swapping figures on the portal thing added.

• Like 1