The Great Australian Trophy Hunt Season 2 (Competition Completed)

4 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

If anyone is planning on doing the DLC for Ghost Recon and would like to co-op the story missons let me know. Playing solo doesn't give you an AI team mates so it is much tougher 

I will if I get the season pass

• Like 1

On 20/04/2017 at 11:19 PM, cjshaitan said:

I am sure you don't want to hear this but it might be for the best if it dies. So many good thing on PS4, why go back.

There are still so many games that I want to play on PS3, although you're right because there are more and more awesome games coming to PS4 as well! Why must life be so hard!? :P

On 20/04/2017 at 11:22 PM, fang7744 said:

Hopefully for next years competition, we can change the ps3 games to ps4, got 7 or so pages full of ps4 games :D

There have been a few people that didn't like the split of games per system this year so it's something that I've already been thinking about for next year. At the end of the season I'll ask everyone for some feedback regarding the competition before making any decision, got to keep the people happy so they come back next year and we can look to add more people!

Earned some trophies in Spec Ops: The Line, half way through playing my ps3 crashed, rebooted it and went to check my trophy list. Said I had 0%, updated my profile and the trophies weren't there......slowly losing my patience with my ps3.... I'll either get a new one soon or just get a ps4 and not worry about the rest of m ps3 games....

Edited by fang7744

1 hour ago, fang7744 said:

Earned some trophies in Spec Ops: The Line, half way through playing my ps3 crashed, rebooted it and went to check my trophy list. Said I had 0%, updated my profile and the trophies weren't there......slowly losing my patience with my ps3.... I'll either get a new one soon or just get a ps4 and not worry about the rest of m ps3 games....

I think you should have a good old fashioned PS3 burning 

On Tuesday, 25 April 2017 at 10:10 AM, TheWayne-o said:

There are still so many games that I want to play on PS3, although you're right because there are more and more awesome games coming to PS4 as well! Why must life be so hard!? :P

There have been a few people that didn't like the split of games per system this year so it's something that I've already been thinking about for next year. At the end of the season I'll ask everyone for some feedback regarding the competition before making any decision, got to keep the people happy so they come back next year and we can look to add more people!

You're right about that. There's so many good looking new games all over the place, but I swear I'll still be on PS3 games when the PS5 launches. :lol: I suppose the upside is all the currently new games will be cheap when I get around to them. :P

I'd be for removing the requirement of having X games from each system. If you still want to incentivise people to pick games from multiple systems, how about giving a 5-15 point bonus for people that choose and complete a game from each system? It's something small that shouldn't have too much of an impact whilst still incentivising people to use all three systems. Maybe something like 5 points each for first backlog game for PS4, PS3 and PSV completed?

Edited by CrestfallenV
  • Like 3

If you wish to move forward you could also go the other way of having a limit on PS3/Vita games in the backlog list so you would still be forced to pick PS4 as the main system but the others who want to play their older games could still get 3-4 games as a maximum number. But that is a next season debate

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CrestfallenV said:

I'd be for removing the requirement of having X games from each system. If you still want to incentivise people to pick games from multiple systems, how about giving a 5-15 point bonus for people that choose and complete a game from each system? It's something small that shouldn't have too much of an impact whilst still incentivising people to use all three systems. Maybe something like 5 points each for first backlog game for PS4, PS3 and PSV completed?

Don't forget about PSVR :ninja:

On 25/04/2017 at 10:10 AM, TheWayne-o said:

I've got an idea for next year that would allow us all to compete under the same division on relatively equal terms (yes, even equal with @cjshaitan) which I'll run by you at the end of the year to get your thoughts. So far, I am enjoying the competition anyway. :)

8 hours ago, fang7744 said:

Sounds like you just need a new PS3... I bought a second PS3 last year for trophy boosting. Got it off gumtree second hand for $80. Its been as good as gold. Just look for ones with low usage if people list them and they are usually reasonably priced.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fang7744 said:

Been thinking of ideas on how to destroy my ps3 :D

A sledgehammer is always a great choice, the satisfaction you get from destroying things is amazing :D

17 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Don't forget about PSVR :ninja:

Gimmicks don't deserve their own category ;)

16 hours ago, adam1984123 said:

I've got an idea for next year that would allow us all to compete under the same division on relatively equal terms (yes, even equal with @cjshaitan) which I'll run by you at the end of the year to get your thoughts. So far, I am enjoying the competition anyway. :)

Yeah definitely let me know about it at the end of the season, the 2 divisions made sense after last year because the same few people were always at the top. Glad to hear that you're enjoying it though.

• Like 2

Not sure if everyone has seen this yet or not but the PS Plus games for May are:

Tales from the Borderlands

Alientation

Blood Knights

Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants

Laser Disco Defenders

Type: Rider

What do you guys think of the line-up? What will you be getting? Personally I'll only be getting Port Royale 3, I'll be buying a physical version of Tales from the Borderlands later and I'll also buy Alienation later too. I only use PS Plus to get games that I wouldn't have bought otherwise, I'd just rather "own" my games.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheWayne-o said:

Not sure if everyone has seen this yet or not but the PS Plus games for May are:

Tales from the Borderlands

Alientation

Blood Knights

Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants

Laser Disco Defenders

Type: Rider

What do you guys think of the line-up? What will you be getting? Personally I'll only be getting Port Royale 3, I'll be buying a physical version of Tales from the Borderlands later and I'll also buy Alienation later too. I only use PS Plus to get games that I wouldn't have bought otherwise, I'd just rather "own" my games.

Port Royale looks cools, Type Rider is quite good too. If anyone has NA ps plus as well you can get ABZU this month which is worth playing too. 

So happy we got Alienation instead of Abzu. I already have Abzu, so this is a win in my books. Otherwise it would've been a couple if cross buys for the month.

I'll probably slow down on trophy hunting soon on account of moving out. I'm worried I'll have to get a second job to sustain rent and all the joys that come with it.

I always forget about the plus games until it is took late.
As for trophy hunting its been a couple of days since the last trophy..... It is starting to eat away at me but been too busy.

Also is anyone getting the AFL game? The Xbox achivements are up and it looks to be a grind but not as big as the first PS3 AFL game or the first Don Bradman game.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Also is anyone getting the AFL game? 

I might give it a go, haven't played one since AFL 2004 though so might be a bit rusty ?. Not fussed about trophies for it, sports games usually aren't something I'm great at anyway.

7 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

You don't just claim everything each month? I suppose it doesn't matter much to me since I rarely purchase digital games; I basically use Plus as a glorified rental service.

As for Tales of the Borderlands, don't the retail PS3/PS4 versions and the digital PS4 version have separate trophy lists? If you're going for the physical on either platform, you could stack the trophies by downloading this digital version too. Alienation also has a physical version with English released in Asia if you're big on physical games.

I'm debating about saving TftB to be my 100th plat since the name "We Had Fun, Didn't We?" is kinda fitting. Not sure if I'd prefer that or the original plat I was planning to be #100, Splatterhouse's "Make the Voices Stop"

Edited by CrestfallenV
  • Like 1